NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From earlier MSM, in the beginning. Neighbors saw her coming home. Saw no one else coming or leaving.

New Jersey woman, 26, found murdered at home after taking lunch break

"Neighbors of a New Jersey woman found murdered in her apartment Monday evening have told police they heard screams the day she died, according to a report.

WABC-TV reported that neighbors heard "faint screams" coming from the Plainsboro home of 26-year-old Carolyn Byington Monday afternoon, along with what sounded like furniture moving. The report added that the neighbors did not see anyone leave the apartment and it is not clear if anyone called 911.

News 12 New Jersey reported that some neighbors saw Byington return to her apartment from her job for lunch earlier Monday. Her body was found shortly before 6 p.m after concerned co-workers called the police when she did not return to the office."

That statement that he was waiting for her may not be true. Maybe he was or maybe he followed her home or maybe they went together. I tend to doubt they went together because I believe the neighbor/s said they saw her come home. I don’t recall hearing that she came home with someone. I wonder if there was an argument at work or maybe they dated and she didn’t know he was married and possibly found out, or maybe he was stalking her. I hope at some point we find out exactly what happened.

Co-worker charged with murdering Plainsboro woman in her apartment

People at engine were shocked upon learning of his arrest.

Questions on motive, COD were not responded to.

BBM
Some sort of weapon was involved:
Kenneth C. Saal, 30, of Lindenwold, was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree murder and third-degree possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey and Plainsboro Police Chief Fred Tavener said in a release Thursday."

IMO Not a gun - would be heard. Something to hit her with perhaps? A knife? Rope?

Maybe he overheard her earlier in the day say she needed to run home at lunch. If he didn't follow or go with her to her apartment, how did he know where she lived?

edit to answer my own question - he probably could have looked up her address in payroll files

Maybe he overheard her earlier in the day say she needed to run home at lunch. If he didn't follow or go with her to her apartment, how did he know where she lived?

edit to answer my own question - he probably could have looked up her address in payroll files
We are all (I assume) wondering why and how?

"Daddy -daughter date ideas"? WTF. That whole Princess section is scary af

For me, "daddy daughter date ideas" comes up on the side as "something I might like", meaning related to the board I am looking at. I do not think he made that board, I think the other member of the board (with the initials CC, which is his wife) made it and he is a member of the "group". I don't think it's as creepy as you're interpreting.

Thank you anything that would cause friction with a Staff accountant? Just your opinion and knowledge would help. Just wondering if they had close ties with their titles? In the work place such as meetings or disagreements involving company projects?

No, I think it's pretty unlikely. In marketing firms, there are typically project managers and/or account managers, and sometimes these roles overlap a lot, but these are the staff who manage the details of the work and the relationship with the client. Carolyn likely created budgets, timelines, allocated resources/staff to projects, and did a lot of communicating within her team to check on progress of work. She probably reported to a Director of Project Management or Operations or something like that.

He as a staff accountant was probably more involved in the agency's finances, payroll, etc., and (I'm guessing) had little to no client interaction or project interaction.

IMO.

This is NYC2015 -- I can't remember my password to my account so this is other username. I have been away from the computer and felt I should sign on to Websleuths to see if anything new on justice for Carolyn and wow- on my homepage was prayers answered- "Arrest made in worker killed on lunchbreak" on NYPost. Thank GOD.
I will read up when I have more time but am just so glad and relieved police arrested the killer. Her family has justice. And I apologize to any LE for sounding harsh they were not making progress or giving residents peace of mind. It is clear now they were working their asses off the whole time. Sounds like the answers the cop gave to DAB at the community event were right on.
I remember writing early on that I assumed they looked at all of Carolyn's co-workers, especially the one who notified police she hadn't returned back to the office yet. I struck me that they should be looking at that person/people..since she rarely went home for work. I wonder if this creep is the one who notified LE or management that she never came back? (to make him look oh so innocent). Disgusting creep -- judge better throw him away for life.

Wow- this seriously surprises me and is so so scary. When I initially posted way back about police questioning co-workers, I thought to myself it sounds like a small newish type of marketing firm, probably a lot of mostly 20 - 30 somethings who are mostly all friends and hang out. He met his wife in high school. He seems to have lived a decent/normal life. What on earth made him do this? How does a wife who has known her husband for 11 years process this and someday tell their daughter? I wonder if they will ever find out, or release a motive.

The reason I suspected co-worker was that they said she really never went home for lunch. So that made me think perhaps a colleague told her he had an issue at home and she needed to rush home for it. Thats why I hoped they looked at co-workers closely. That was one of my many theories.. I really did think Maintenance or a worker.. but really I was just completely stumped the whole time. Wow. just wow. I hope you residents feel some relief now.

Yes....check my link back a ways for his facebook page. Shows his wedding photo - married Oct 2017. And googling him shows a baby registry from September 2018 for him and his wife.
OMG. Really I don't have time to be on this site still but I can't stay away-- this is all shocking. A co-worker who seemed so 'normal'. You truly just never, ever know in life.
Thanks-- I see that-- such a normal looking life full of hope, just starting out. His wife's Pinterest comes up too. What in the world would make him do this?

OMG. Really I don't have time to be on this site still but I can't stay away-- this is all shocking. A co-worker who seemed so 'normal'. You truly just never, ever know in life.
Thanks-- I see that-- such a normal looking life full of hope, just starting out. His wife's Pinterest comes up too. What in the world would make him do this?
What we are all wondering. He obviously had a reason. Love interest? Work related? She was rude to him? Who knows what will set a person on the direction of murder. Since he is also being charged for having a weapon (not stated what kind) it could be considered premeditated. If he went there with a weapon of some sort, then he didn't kill her accidentally. IMHO

It did post twice/

ETA Sorry if this posts more than once. Appears WS is doing weird things again today.

It did post twice/

ETA Sorry if this posts more than once. Appears WS is doing weird things again today.
No prob. Yes- site is acting weird today. Sorry for all my posts. But since following/trying to figure this horrific crime out since June I am really, really wondering what would make her colleague do this. The *advertiser censored* must have gone to her at work and told her she had to go home for some reason to get her there. I really doubt she came home at lunch hour with him. Such a senseless, senseless crime to a wonderful person who overcame so much in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member