Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we can't link to social media, but just as a query relating to what someone has been saying...

1. when they issued the appeal for witnesses from Oak Rd, Humberside, police made a show of searching the car park there, again. But Pawel Relowicz couldn't have used this at 12.15 am on Feb 01, because the gates are locked at 7.30 pm each night.

How does that stack up?

2. Pawel Relowicz is the last known person to see Libby Squire, but could he physically have abducted and murdered her on his own? Witness statements from Heathcote St suggest that at least three people were involved in the abduction. Two weapon items were found nearby.

Again, these items were seemingly dismissed as being related. Proof?

Didn't someone on here make loads of videos of them cycling through the park? I'm sure they said that there was a big padlock on the gate, but that it wasn't actually locked, and that it was only getting locked after Libby went missing?
Not sure if I've remembered that correctly? But I'm sure something was mentioned about it?

And for number 2.

I'm not sure I think some people reported hearing a noise there but it's never been confirmed it was Libby. That was the person hearing a gate door slam wasn't it and people arguing?

I always thought there could be someone else involved because I think it looks like there's a their person on the spider cam footage (although doubtful).

Didn't someone on here make loads of videos of them cycling through the park? I'm sure they said that there was a big padlock on the gate, but that it wasn't actually locked, and that it was only getting locked after Libby went missing?
Not sure if I've remembered that correctly? But I'm sure something was mentioned about it?

And for number 2.

I'm not sure I think some people reported hearing a noise there but it's never been confirmed it was Libby. That was the person hearing a gate door slam wasn't it and people arguing?

I always thought there could be someone else involved because I think it looks like there's a their person on the spider cam footage (although doubtful).

I remember Someone local explained the gates at the park either on thread or PM to me. Isn’t there a gate somewhere else where he could have parked up and they entered through that. Maybe that’s why the four in the Oaks Road cctv were asked to come forward - did they see the car parked etc. Or as you say there was a padlock but never firmly bolted.

Personally, I think he acted alone. All his offences point to bring a loner, how could he explain sexual defiance/murder to others and ask for help. He took her to the park and he left her in the river.

I remember Someone local explained the gates at the park either on thread or PM to me. Isn’t there a gate somewhere else where he could have parked up and they entered through that. Maybe that’s why the four in the Oaks Road cctv were asked to come forward - did they see the car parked etc. Or as you say there was a padlock but never firmly bolted.

Personally, I think he acted alone. All his offences point to bring a loner, how could he explain sexual defiance/murder to others and ask for help. He took her to the park and he left her in the river.

Yes, it was on the thread somewhere. I might have a look for it later! It must be there somewhere. I think it was only getting locked after the police started searching the park.

It was @Strontium69 who shared some amazing video footage as he cycled around to give us a fantastic impression of the park layout etc. I think he’d referred to gates, access, what was and wasn’t locked etc. Even finding a strange ‘grave’ with petals beside the fence. I haven’t seen him on the thread for a long time.

PR has committed a number of what are classed as 'mortal sins', which are offences serious enough to separate a person from God and for which they face eternal damnation. So far they include masturbation and serious lying, potentially endangerment of life and murder.

A person can immediately have the threat of eternal damnation removed if they confess their mortal sins (even murder) directly to God before they die, but it has to be with the intention of doing their upmost not to repeat the offence, and out of faith and true belief in God's love. If a person claims to be sorry because they are worried about going to hell or receiving some other punishment, they will still be under threat.

In both cases a person should then try to confess to a priest as well. This is because the priest will grant actual forgiveness (absolution is the proper term) on behalf of God and can prescribe actions to atone for the sins, such as prayers, donations to charity for minor theft, some kind of voluntary work. The priest cannot reveal the contents of the confession; an exception would be warning someone that they were in danger if the confession was a threat, but no names. The most they can do is try to persuade someone to give themselves up to the authorities for a crime and refuse absolution if they don't.

In short, as things stand, PR is going to have a hard time convincing God he's truly sorry and wasn't just trying to save his miserable skin.

This is a brilliant explanation. Thank you for taking the time to explain it in such detail.

This makes me think if you’re strictly religious, truly repentant and wracked with guilt ... you’d essentially have to confess to police. Because no priest would exonerate you without deep regret and a clear indication you’re remorseful. Refusing to accept guilt is not indicative of that. So to get Gods forgiveness he has to accept what he’s done. And not just tell a priest to get it off his chest.

I’m even more inclined to think that cross was all for show now!

It was @Strontium69 who shared some amazing video footage as he cycled around to give us a fantastic impression of the park layout etc. I think he’d referred to gates, access, what was and wasn’t locked etc. Even finding a strange ‘grave’ with petals beside the fence. I haven’t seen him on the thread for a long time.

Yes it was! He said

"This is the gate at the top end of Oak Road, where Beresford Avenue merges into a parking area with Oak Road, at the entrance to the park. It appears locked but there is no padlock on it."

The videos on this page

Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

If he’s gone with no comment and a prepared statement then they’d be little point holding him in questioning for a long period of time. I think he’ll be charged very soon imo.

The file to the CPS could be to see if they think there's enough to charge him with. Sometimes the senior officer in charge of the investigation speaks to a CPS lawyer and gets the go ahead to charge over the phone or sometimes if it's fairly flimsy evidence or mainly circumstantial, they submit a file. My cousin's a defence lawyer. Remember it's not up to Humberside police whether he's charged or not. The CPS wants to be fairly sure of a conviction otherwise it's a waste of time and public money.

I've often wondered why they might have ended up so far into the park if the screams did come from near pond / river ? Would that be the deeper in the park the further away from the road or would he be aiming for a certain spot

I've often wondered why they might have ended up so far into the park if the screams did come from near pond / river ? Would that be the deeper in the park the further away from the road or would he be aiming for a certain spot
There were some outbuildings close to the river that the police looked at.

The only thing confusing me this morning is would his guilty pleas and sentence on the other charges be used in any potential murder trial for Libby? Or would these be withheld as we usually see?

If they would be withheld and jury not informed then why have they waited?

I'm not sure how they decide if prior convictions can be brought up in trial. I think prior arrests are not usually allowed in as evidence, but I don't know about convictions.

But at the time when PR was first arrested there wasn't a body. It would be so easy for him to leave the country that I think they've worked especially hard on building the CPS file for those other crimes to ensure that he would be held in prison and not be able to escape being brought back for more questioning and a possible trial. But also learning about his other crimes, what we might see as building up to becoming a murderer (if that's what happened) can help police learn about him and what drives him psychologically, and I think that's also a crucial thing to help them understand what happened that night when he met/came across Libby.

JMO
I think it depends on where he ended up parking.

Remember when LE searches happened in garden areas that were on the North end of the park. They may have ended up parking on a side street that is closer to the water and maybe it wasnt too far for them to walk to get close to it.

My feeling is they parked just outside the park area and walked in.

Another way she could have ended up in the big river is if he ended up strangling or hitting her in the head with a big rock or something and then went home and got someone else to use their vehicle to go back to help him pickup the body and put in the other persons car boot and then two of them took her to dump the body in the big river. That could explain why not much evidence in his car if he went with a friend or relative in their vehicle. Remember too that there was some LE activity near the big river too. That had to have happened for a reason.

JMO
I think it depends on where he ended up parking.

Remember when LE searches happened in garden areas that were on the North end of the park. They may have ended up parking on a side street that is closer to the water and maybe it wasnt too far for them to walk to get close to it.

My feeling is they parked just outside the park area and walked in.

Another way she could have ended up in the big river is if he ended up strangling or hitting her in the head with a big rock or something and then went home and got someone else to use their vehicle to go back to help him pickup the body and put in the other persons car boot and then two of them took her to dump the body in the big river. That could explain why not much evidence in his car if he went with a friend or relative in their vehicle. Remember too that there was some LE activity near the big river too. That had to have happened for a reason.
They wouldn’t have had to put her in the big river, the drains in the area all lead to the river

They wouldn’t have had to put her in the big river, the drains in the area all lead to the river

They do but there is a big grated sluice gate (we have been here before) which means it isnt possible for anything large to pass from barmston drain (the only relevant one i can think of) into the River Hull.

I think i personally discounted running man a while ago.
As much as it pains me, i think LE know he was 'in the area' of the park until nearly 3. They initially asked for dashcam footage from 1100-0300 hours and croda CCTV was around 0235?? Plenty of time for him to do what he was doing and the river be nice and high (possibly flowing back out).
I think there can be conclusions drawn from the few snippets we got from police in the early days. All MOO

I'm reading the suspect has been released. Will come back and edit with the link.

Libby Squire murder suspect released by police

It states released under investigation. Never heard of that before. Sorry if it has already been posted.
"Released under investigation" is what they used to call "released on police bail". Means they might call the suspect back in.
Doesn't mean a lot in this case as the suspect is in custody anyway, so "released" is just a technical term here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23