Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarieWS One more question about the tox report if you can. Has the results of the toxicology report been shared with the family?

Thanks again.

Police keep family updated as much as they can. There are many items they share and many they can still not share. That is an item that was shared, and that is all I can say at this point.

PS: what does BBM stand for? I don’t know many of the initials being used

Police keep family updated as much as they can. There are many items they share and many they can still not share. That is an item that was shared, and that is all I can say at this point.

PS: what does BBM stand for? I don’t know many of the initials being used
@MarieWS Thanks so much. That clears a few of the questions I have had.

One more question if I may. I would think the Medical Examiner had been possibly waiting until the toxicology report was completed before determining a cause of death and completing their final report, which would then be shared with LE and the prosecution, but I could be wrong.

Do you know if the Medical Examiner has been able to determined the caused of death or if the autopsy report has been completed?

@MarieWS Thanks so much. That clears a few of the questions I have had.

One more question if I may. I would think the Medical Examiner had been possibly waiting until the toxicology report was completed before determining a cause of death and completing their final report, which would then be shared with LE and the prosecution, but I could be wrong.

Do you know if the Medical Examiner has been able to determined the caused of death or if the autopsy report has been completed?

I cannot talk about anything else related to that topic.

I was just thinking of Daron Wints trial this am with all the discussion about DS possibly not being the sole person responsible. Great example of how it doesn’t matter if He is the only one or others were involved. He can still be found guilty of the crimes he will eventually stand trial for wether he is the only one charged or not. A lot of people believed Wints had company yet he is the only one who was ever charged, stood trial, and thankfully found guilty. Didn’t follow that case here on WS but did follow it as it hit very close to home for me.

Excellent point! I keep thinking the exact same thing. It'd be great if it is discovered and provable that others were involved, but I'll be happy if just the one suspect goes to prison.

OT (Sorry!) - Mom, are you listening to WTOP's podcast on Daron Wints' story? If not, you should! It is one of the best crime podcasts I've listened to (and I've listened to more than a few).

The Grand Jury indictments should be out by the last day of August, (if his is not released to the press sooner). They can pass to put it before them so his may not be in front of the August GJ, though, and can continue to pass until they are ready. He's probably waived his right to a speedy trial.

The Grand Jury indictments should be out by the last day of August, (if his is not released to the press sooner). They can pass to put it before them so his may not be in front of the August GJ, though, and can continue to pass until they are ready. He's probably waived his right to a speedy trial.

The GJ only meets once a month and they pushed his back so I’m pretty sure it won’t be heard until September. ETA: I forgot I had a question. Do you know if they have up until the hearing date to present new/add charges? I can’t find anything specifically for the state.

The GJ only meets once a month and they pushed his back so I’m pretty sure it won’t be heard until September. ETA: I forgot I had a question. Do you know if they have up until the hearing date to present new/add charges? I can’t find anything specifically for the state.

My limited understanding is that new charges can be added at anytime. If they are added after the Grand Jury meets on current charges, he would maybe need another preliminary hearing for the new charges. I’ve gotten confused on a lot of the justice process already, and it’s just beginning .

BBM

I'm pretty sure he would need to be indicted before waiving his right to a speedy trial. At this point he isn't even facing a trial until the Grand Jury would hand down an indictment. The prosecutor has 60-days to present the case to the Grand Jury.
JMO

My limited understanding is that new charges can be added at anytime. If they are added after the Grand Jury meets on current charges, he would maybe need another preliminary hearing for the new charges. I’ve gotten confused on a lot of the justice process already, and it’s just beginning .

Thanks :) That’s what I was thinking too but it’s so hard to find the exact answer when I search for it.

I think new charges could be added and heard by the Grand Jury that will be hearing the current charges, if there is enough time for a preliminary hearing.

The preliminary hearing is to determine if there is enough probable cause to support the charge. If a judge decides there is enough probable cause then the case moves to the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury could then decide if there is enough evidence to indict or formally charge DS with all, some or none of those charges.

Yes, they meet once a month, and then the findings are released in the local newspapers, usually on the last day of the month, or very near the last day. I check each month toward the end to see who has been indicted. If they didn't put DS case in front of the August GJ, then they may put it in front of the Sept GJ (or not). It's kind of frustrating, but, the prosecutor may be trying to gain further information about the case, or if his charges can be enhanced, because, while what they have him on, is truly abnormal behaviour, they don't seem to have enough to pin her death on him, at this time. They get only one chance to prosecute the case. I'm hoping there is something more substantial, that they are working on, before they send it to the GJ.

Edit: While Idk and am only speculating, I'd not be surprised if there's another arrest. That may cause them to hold back on the GJ too. Especially if another suspect might get chatty.

Last edited:
Yes, they meet once a month, and then the findings are released in the local newspapers, usually on the last day of the month, or very near the last day. I check each month toward the end to see who has been indicted. If they didn't put DS case in front of the August GJ, then they may put it in front of the Sept GJ (or not). It's kind of frustrating, but, the prosecutor may be trying to gain further information about the case, or if his charges can be enhanced, because, while what they have him on, is truly abnormal behaviour, they don't seem to have enough to pin her death on him, at this time. They get only one chance to prosecute the case. I'm hoping there is something more substantial, that they are working on, before they send it to the GJ.

I know it was definitely continued to August. I didn’t know they only met once a month. I just assumed tI found where they have 60 days but idk if it’s from the arrest or the prelim hearing (both were close together though). It looks like August is probably close to that deadline. From what I read, if it goes past 60 days then they can start discussing bond or other options. I do think they’ve probably gotten more substantial evidence, just from what @MarieWS has mentioned on here.

I was trying to find video from the initial hearing but only found this one. Somehow, I hadn’t seen this one. It doesn’t offer anything new, and it’s short. It just describes when they found her.

I know it was definitely continued to August. I didn’t know they only met once a month. I just assumed tI found where they have 60 days but idk if it’s from the arrest or the prelim hearing (both were close together though). It looks like August is probably close to that deadline. From what I read, if it goes past 60 days then they can start discussing bond or other options. I do think they’ve probably gotten more substantial evidence, just from what @MarieWS has mentioned on here.

I was trying to find video from the initial hearing but only found this one. Somehow, I hadn’t seen this one. It doesn’t offer anything new, and it’s short. It just describes when they found her.

I did find this:

After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday.

Savannah Spurlock's blood was found in David Sparks' bedroom, police say

This sounds about right. The Wed. would be the middle of the month, July 17th, they'd look at the cases, hand over their decisions, and then would probably be released to the local paper at the end of the month.

I also read this;

A clerk at Garrard Circuit Court tells WKYT the grand jury will take up David Sparks' case Aug. 14. It will return indictments Aug. 16.

Grand jury to take up David Sparks case in August

August 14th is a Wed. too.

It is possible that his case was put in front of the GJ on the 14th and we just don't know the outcome yet. It's also possible that they have held it over to Sept. GJ meeting. They're keeping it pretty quiet if it was done in August, but, little towns still speak in hushed tones about such things.

I did find this:

This sounds about right. The Wed. would be the middle of the month, July 17th, they'd look at the cases, hand over their decisions, and then would probably be released to the local paper at the end of the month.

I also read this;

It is possible that his case was put in front of the GJ on the 14th and we just don't know the outcome yet. It's also possible that they have held it over to Sept. GJ meeting. They're keeping it pretty quiet if it was done in August, but, little towns still speak in hushed tones about such things.

@MarieWS might know the date, but she actually posted on here the wk they were supposed to meet and said that they had continued it until September. I saw it posted on the memorial page on FB too, just not the specific day in August.

I did find this:

I also read this;

Grand Jury did not see her case on August 14. It will be seen at a later date. I don’t know what that later date is. If the 60 day rule applies, they would have until mid September to meet on his current charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans