Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its old news I believe from the early/mid 2000s or before and frankly I'm not even sure there is anything to the relationship but see what you think. I get the sense that some might try to 'up' their credibility via association with Spence but Pattis goes one better via acknowledging the connection and thrashing them via his blog and writings.

Pattis makes mention of association with Spence via his website bio: About | Norm pattis

"He worked with Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming and as a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)".

You might check Pattis blog as I believe he talks some about Spence there. But probaby the best person to track down would be a Pattis groupie/follower, which I am definately not. I didn't spend to much time on looking at this issue as it wasn't immediately clear that there was much to the 'relationship' between Pattis and Spence beyond a brief association.

Spence is an interesting character and has been quite 'creative' over the years in terms of money making ventures so perhaps his 'focus' on wealth accumulation rubbed Pattis the wrong way? IDK.

Leave Him Alone, Norm
Is Gerry Spence Passe?
Tax Lawyers College?
https://www.overlawyered.com/2005/04/gerry-spences-trial-lawyers-college/
https://gerryspence.com

I believe Mike Cernovich (mentioned in prior post that No Case Norm is Top 10 Criminal Defense atty) was also a participant in Gerry Spence training institute.

Pattis seems to have a history of attacking people via his blog so not being too interested in general about this particular attack just chalked it up to 'Norm being Norm'.

MOO
I did not know Spence was still alive; I know he isn't practicing anymore as he has to be well into his 80's. He was/is legendary and is a true and honorable warrior.

Now that I see NP claimed connection is Spence's very well known annual summer seminar, I will officially yawn. Lots and lots of lawyers have walked through the doors of that seminar.

The premier organization in the country by which to determine a lawyer's standing in the national legal community is The American College of Trial Lawyers. By invitation only, after years of vetting. One black ball and no invitation. Less than 2% of all lawyers are even considered. Is NP a member?

Is NP recognized as a Master by The American Inns of Court? This is another non-profit lawyer organization that does not make money advertising for lawyers. Also very, very exclusive and not biased -both prosecutors and defense attorneys (and judges) can be invited, if demeaned sufficiently "excellent" and professional. Paid ratings come and go. Recognition by those groups are the gold standard (in additional to Bar certification).

OMgosh, just thought of something. Could this
be something that shows up at trial, you know
like the "talking from the grave" that does him in?
I've seen this in other trials where the deceased
spouse shared many of the threats and inuendo
's of what the murderer planned to do.
wouldn't that be a 'gotcha' if JD beat him at his
own game through her writings.
Winning.
If wishes were horses... seriously, I would expect no less from JD and her family and friends to have documented things well beyond what was in the court documents, and for GF's lawyers and LE to have it all well in hand. There was good reason, IMO, for the judge in their divorce case to have sealed those documents within a few weeks of JD's disappearance and then FD/MT's arrests for tampering and hindering when it became obvious that there was a trail of terror leading up to and contemporaneous with her disappearance, and her estranged husband was not letting up.

IIRC, within a few weeks of FD hiring NP, he filed a motion to 'dissolve' the divorce proceedings because JD wasn't around for FD and NP to counter her (paraphrasing here). That motion was quickly retracted or whatever the legal term is, because of I assume, the extenuating circumstances, and likely the judge and DA saying no way, like wow, he's been charged in her disappearance! This is not a "No Fault" divorce, by any stretch of the imagination! No No, Fo Fo, no Go Go!!

Every motion FD and attorneys have filed since JD's disappearance have been, IMO, ludicrous, and meant to detract from charges against him (and MT) and shift the focus to the complexities of the divorce and child custody and financial aspects of his relationship with JD and her family. Not her disappearance! Not the bloody evidence!

And for FoDiDo to be cluelessly operating like a bull in a china shop, giving one after another 'reveal' on what he was up to, just goes to show he is a flaming sword sealing his own fate.

MOO de MOO de Moody Me

I did not know Spence was still alive; I know he isn't practicing anymore as he has to be well into his 80's. He was/is legendary and is a true and honorable warrior.

Now that I see NP claimed connection is Spence's very well known annual summer seminar, I will officially yawn. Lots and lots of lawyers have walked through the doors of that seminar.

The premier organization in the country by which to determine a lawyer's standing in the national legal community is The American College of Trial Lawyers. By invitation only, after years of vetting. One black ball and no invitation. Less than 2% of all lawyers are even considered. Is NP a member?

Is NP recognized as a Master by The American Inns of Court? This is another non-profit lawyer organization that does not make money advertising for lawyers. Also very, very exclusive and not biased -both prosecutors and defense attorneys (and judges) can be invited, if demeaned sufficiently "excellent" and professional. Paid ratings come and go. Recognition by those groups are the gold standard (in additional to Bar certification).
Thanks for this info! Appreciate the help figuring out which groups are which in this big section of the legal universe!

Did not see Pattis listed on The American College of Trial Lawyers as a Fellow.

The American Inns of Court is a members only search so could not get any info.

Punched a garage attendant? Wonder what set him off? Maybe meeting with the in-laws didn’t go as planned? Some financial issues that Mr. Farber brought up to FD, I bet. It sounds like the Farbers are very well loved, known and respected. I doubt Mr. Farber would talk to his son in law about how he was treating/mistreating JD at their apartment in the city. I’d see that talk taking place elsewhere. Maybe Mill Pond. Was that the name of the Farber’s other property?
Maybe if Hilliard Farber was alive today, FD would not be defending himself. I’d have called friends in high places to share my grief. FD would be singing in a boy’s choir.

Don’t you mean friends in low places? That’s who I’d call...

This is such a terrible tragedy that this wonderful woman has just disappeared at the prime of her life, just when she was getting some distance between herself and a terrible brute and psychopath of a man she married, and starting to enjoy some independence and being a mom and writing again, without being under assault all the time by Mr. Machiavelli.

Some days, when I check here and in the news for any developments on JD's disappearance, I'm crestfallen that there is no real news that looks like it is leading to charges.

Other days, I'm flat out disgusted and in disbelief when there is news, that it's more of the same corrupt, end run, creepy, stealthy, gonna-try-to-get-away-with-whatever-we-can combo of mafioso bravado and playground antics on the part of FD and lawyers.

It's really disheartening. And surreal. I just can't fathom how deep FD's tentacles reach into JD's and the children's lives and the family assets, and how unshakeable they seem to be. It's unnerving. Just MOO, apparently having a hard time taking it all in (the latest shenanigans groping towards the older children).

I wish there was one authoritative figure who could kick it all to the curb (whatever doesn't directly pertain to JD's disappearance and likely murder), and just knock some heads together and make an arrest. MOOOOOooooooo

That’s the problem with sociopaths. Narcissists. They are SO BELIEVABLE bc they believe what’s coming out of their mouths. When Norm Pattis puts him on the stand, that's when some one on the jury can get swayed. Or two. Or more. And he walks. Especially a woman. Judge or jury member. A woman is more susceptible MOO based on my life’s experiences... I suppose same is true in reverse heterosexual gender. Male/female. MOO based on life's experiences.
And if Norm puts any of the kids on the stand?
And still no sign of Jennifer. I just hope there was brain DNA in whatever they recovered from the recycling dump.
I wonder if GF has hired her own private investigators.

Just as a reminder...there are those who do have close relationships with the children and are not family members...........just sayin'

Jennifer Dulos divorce shows controversial role of court-appointed child guardians

BBM:
In the Dulos divorce, both sides are now calling for Meehan to be removed as guardian ad litem. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have previously called for Meehan to be removed. In June, Reuben Midler, who is representing Jennifer Dulos, filed a motion accusing the GAL of wrongly releasing a sealed psychological evaluation done on the family.

The evaluation ended up in the hands of Fotis Dulos’ new attorneys and has been used to support Norm Pattis’ “Gone Girl” and “revenge suicide” theories for Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Meehan could not be reached for comment for this story.

Just as a reminder...there are those who do have close relationships with the children and are not family members...........just sayin'

Jennifer Dulos divorce shows controversial role of court-appointed child guardians

BBM:
In the Dulos divorce, both sides are now calling for Meehan to be removed as guardian ad litem. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have previously called for Meehan to be removed. In June, Reuben Midler, who is representing Jennifer Dulos, filed a motion accusing the GAL of wrongly releasing a sealed psychological evaluation done on the family.

The evaluation ended up in the hands of Fotis Dulos’ new attorneys and has been used to support Norm Pattis’ “Gone Girl” and “revenge suicide” theories for Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Meehan could not be reached for comment for this story.
BBM, first line in above quote
Sorry...not sure what point you are trying to make when you say: "just a reminder".

If wishes were horses... seriously, I would expect no less from JD and her family and friends to have documented things well beyond what was in the court documents, and for GF's lawyers and LE to have it all well in hand. There was good reason, IMO, for the judge in their divorce case to have sealed those documents within a few weeks of JD's disappearance and then FD/MT's arrests for tampering and hindering when it became obvious that there was a trail of terror leading up to and contemporaneous with her disappearance, and her estranged husband was not letting up.

IIRC, within a few weeks of FD hiring NP, he filed a motion to 'dissolve' the divorce proceedings because JD wasn't around for FD and NP to counter her (paraphrasing here). That motion was quickly retracted or whatever the legal term is, because of I assume, the extenuating circumstances, and likely the judge and DA saying no way, like wow, he's been charged in her disappearance! This is not a "No Fault" divorce, by any stretch of the imagination! No No, Fo Fo, no Go Go!!

Every motion FD and attorneys have filed since JD's disappearance have been, IMO, ludicrous, and meant to detract from charges against him (and MT) and shift the focus to the complexities of the divorce and child custody and financial aspects of his relationship with JD and her family. Not her disappearance! Not the bloody evidence!

And for FoDiDo to be cluelessly operating like a bull in a china shop, giving one after another 'reveal' on what he was up to, just goes to show he is a flaming sword sealing his own fate.

MOO de MOO de Moody Me

Your last paragraph...that's exactly what I think LE and SA are waiting/watching for...as hard as it may be for us to wait.

That’s the problem with sociopaths. Narcissists. They are SO BELIEVABLE bc they believe what’s coming out of their mouths. When Norm Pattis puts him on the stand, that's when some one on the jury can get swayed. Or two. Or more. And he walks. Especially a woman. Judge or jury member. A woman is more susceptible MOO based on my life’s experiences... I suppose same is true in reverse heterosexual gender. Male/female. MOO based on life's experiences.
And if Norm puts any of the kids on the stand?
And still no sign of Jennifer. I just hope there was brain DNA in whatever they recovered from the recycling dump.
I wonder if GF has hired her own private investigators.
You mention brain DNA. JD has said FD had a gun so not speculation....I take her word for it. Gun=Brain Matter to me. I have been saying for the longest, what does blood spatter say? And why is FD getting a gun at this late stage? Gun has been possibility to me for a long time. JMO.

Farber v. Dulos
199.00 08/22/2019 P OBJECTION TO MOTION
Document.gif
newred.gif

SUPPLEMENTAL OBJECTION TO MOTION RE: BOND & REPLY TO OBJECTION TO REQUESTS FOR PRODUCTION
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17598937

GF lawyers are calling it a “media road show”
Thanks for posting this link and just jumping off your post -

Reading through some of those letters/emails/etc., sure do play into motive, do they not? Yet Norm and crew want to blame GF and/or her legal counsel and the media and the public for ruining Fore Group/Fotis Dulos?! It looks to me, like we have said here, he/FD has done a good job of that himself! Pfffttt

He had a lot of rage, anger, motive, and it just reinforces my theory that not only was her death brutal, but so was his getting rid of her remains. JMO

Thanks for posting this link and just jumping off your post -

Reading through some of those letters/emails/etc., sure do play into motive, do they not? Yet Norm and crew want to blame GF and/or her legal counsel and the media and the public for ruining Fore Group/Fotis Dulos?! It looks to me, like we have said here, he/FD has done a good job of that himself! Pfffttt

He had a lot of rage, anger, motive, and it just reinforces my theory that not only was her death brutal, but so was his getting rid of her remains. JMO

I am still with swimming with the fish. Big upturn in great white shark sightings. Easy to take lawyer’s boat for a spin. Dropping off chub as they putt putt along.
She’s somewhere. Burning flesh at the plant would have alerted personnel to odd odor.

I am still with swimming with the fish. Big upturn in great white shark sightings. Easy to take lawyer’s boat for a spin. Dropping off chub as they putt putt along.
She’s somewhere. Burning flesh at the plant would have alerted personnel to odd odor.
Anything is possible. Where was the time required? IDK. Just seems too risky. Everything FD did was risky. But still...getting body/pieces to a marina? Not sure the smell of burning flesh would have been readily distinguished at the plant. Other bodies have been disposed of in that way and I never heard it reported that employees sensed an odd smell. IMO.

FO just wants the 13 year olds?

FO is telling the other children that FO does not want them?

Great (sad) point, @CTGrammy . Seriously?! :mad:
the children have experienced the traumatic disappearance of their mother who was a present loving parent..FD looks like he is trying to cause more trauma by splitting the children- giving the legal excuse they are of age..horrific..he is a monster..

I came cross this and thought it was interesting to hear Dr. Gloria Farber talk, especially about successfully educating children:

I also love this picture of her smiling and I like to think she is talking to Jennifer, saying something like "I'm on it baby girl!"

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics