Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

Tuesday 20August 2019 - court attendance by me - 10-11:45am (the morning session).
Location: Court #7 on 4th floor, Supreme Court of Australia, George Street, Brisbane.

IMO: Some years back, I attended court in Southport where I observed the accused JC to be dressed in stubbie shorts, and of a very scruffy appearance - he appeared to be nervous; continually looking for attention. Today in court was a totally different individual. Dressed in a black suit, his appearance was that of what I would consider to be 'business-like'. He was attentive of the court process and remained silent.

The jury is made up of 7 women and 5 men (all of Caucasian appearance) - approx 30-60 years of age.

First witness on the stand was someone new to the witness list - a rel estate agent from Upper Coomera and his interaction with JC on 5February 2013. (Note Novy disappeared on the night of 6February). The witness is Mr GWB. ... JC attended the realtor's office to enquire of properties for sale and agreed to attend an open house at 5pm the same day 5February. JC was accompanied by his two small children at the open house inspection - explaining that his wife had told him to move out and so he was looking for an alternative property for himself. Witness used the following words... "the f... b... kicked me out are the crass words that JC used with me."

JC did not follow up with the realtor after this inspection, and did not attend the auction of the property. Mr GWB has had no contact with JC since 5February 2013.

Witness Mr H is the owner of a company that supplies security alarms, cctv etc with JC being a client for both the private residence at 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera as well as the business of Candan Industries in Chetwyn Street, Loganholme (owned by JC).

Of note 6 February 2013:
Activity report 5:15:46pm alarm armed
Activity report 6:58:39pm alarm disarmed
Activity report 6:59:59pm alarm armed

[I understand this relates to a proposed argument by the prosecution that this was the potential of JC attending his place of business to collect a firearm]

There is cctv footage to support that it was JC who attended to create this activity report.

Further witnesses in this morning session fit into 2 categories:
A - claimed sightings of Novy's vehicle parked in Kopps Road, Oxenford on the afternoon of 6February 2013.
Three female witnesses - LdeM, CM, AE - see attached maps generated by me for detail of the evidence as given (with added comment by me from my personal experience). Similar maps were used in the courtroom.
B - claimed sightings of Novy's vehicle parked in Bowden Court, Nerang where it was recovered by police on 11February 2013.
2 female witnesses HJ and MDS. Identified the location of the Blue-Black Volvo (Novy's vehicle) - 1st witness Sunday 10Feb 8:30pm; 2nd witness 9Feb 11pm - this witness was also of the opinion that the vehicle was present as early as on the evening of the 8thFeb.

I plan to attend court again next week.

Tuesday 20August 2019 - court attendance by me - 10-11:45am (the morning session).
Location: Court #7 on 4th floor, Supreme Court of Australia, George Street, Brisbane.

IMO: Some years back, I attended court in Southport where I observed the accused JC to be dressed in stubbie shorts, and of a very scruffy appearance - he appeared to be nervous; continually looking for attention. Today in court was a totally different individual. Dressed in a black suit, his appearance was that of what I would consider to be 'business-like'. He was attentive of the court process and remained silent.

The jury is made up of 7 women and 5 men (all of Caucasian appearance) - approx 30-60 years of age.

First witness on the stand was someone new to the witness list - a rel estate agent from Upper Coomera and his interaction with JC on 5February 2013. (Note Novy disappeared on the night of 6February). The witness is Mr GWB. ... JC attended the realtor's office to enquire of properties for sale and agreed to attend an open house at 5pm the same day 5February. JC was accompanied by his two small children at the open house inspection - explaining that his wife had told him to move out and so he was looking for an alternative property for himself. Witness used the following words... "the f... b... kicked me out are the crass words that JC used with me."

JC did not follow up with the realtor after this inspection, and did not attend the auction of the property. Mr GWB has had no contact with JC since 5February 2013.

Witness Mr H is the owner of a company that supplies security alarms, cctv etc with JC being a client for both the private residence at 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera as well as the business of Candan Industries in Chetwyn Street, Loganholme (owned by JC).

Of note 6 February 2013:

[I understand this relates to a proposed argument by the prosecution that this was the potential of JC attending his place of business to collect a firearm]

There is cctv footage to support that it was JC who attended to create this activity report.

A - claimed sightings of Novy's vehicle parked in Kopps Road, Oxenford on the afternoon of 6February 2013.
Three female witnesses - LdeM, CM, AE - see attached maps generated by me for detail of the evidence as given (with added comment by me from my personal experience). Similar maps were used in the courtroom.
B - claimed sightings of Novy's vehicle parked in Bowden Court, Nerang where it was recovered by police on 11February 2013.
2 female witnesses HJ and MDS. Identified the location of the Blue-Black Volvo (Novy's vehicle) - 1st witness Sunday 10Feb 8:30pm; 2nd witness 9Feb 11pm - this witness was also of the opinion that the vehicle was present as early as on the evening of the 8thFeb.

Thank, MM. Great to have some first-hand news of the trial. :)

Of note 6 February 2013:

Thanks MM, Great report :)

Seems Chardon's barrister is now trying to create reasonable doubt ....

The former part-time lover of a Gold Coast mother allegedly murdered by her husband took sick leave from work the day she disappeared and wasn't contactable, a court has heard.

..... Brisbane Supreme Court trial heard Mr Talaei-Khoe was absent from work the day the mother-of-two last spoke to her friends on February 6, 2013.
He also stayed away the following day and didn't answer his phone.

It wasn't until Queensland police visited Mr Talaei-Khoe's home to ask about Ms Chardon four days later, on February 10, that he resurfaced.

Mr Talaei-Khoei said he lived alone. "(But) I lived in a resort and used a card to get in ... also the resort had a reception ... and I remember they had (CCTV) so if that is an alibi you are incorrect," he said, presuming Mr Kimmins was accusing him of not having one.

Novy Chardon's lover 'uncontactable' the day she disappeared

Some Tweets from today

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
34m
Chardon trial: ‘He said if you can find someone he would pay 10 thousand US dollars If I can find a hitman. When do you want it to happen?it depends when I can get my wife to come to Philippines because I want it to happen in Philippines
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
39m
Chardon trial: ‘ The word I can’t forget is the time he asked me can you kill? What did you say? I asked him who do you want to kill? My wife’
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
1h
Chardon trial: Filipino man who met john chardon in online chat room called ‘Asian Dating’ says accused told him he wanted to put girls through school - including his niece ‘He took the child in other room because he said he had a gift for her a present for her ‘
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
13m
Chardon trial: witness says accused ‘supported 6 students’ through school
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
14m
Chardon trial: bank statements showing pages of money being transferred from accused’s account to Phillipines to fund girls’ education. Payments like 90000 PHP (Aud $2500)
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
20m
Chardon trial: ‘john said he was happy to send them to the best school... but when he is in Phillipines he wants to have sex with them. If possible they should be virgins.. not fussy.’
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
32m
Chardon trial ‘He wants me to find a cliff... Some caves.. and leave her there
@7NewsBrisbane

• Novy Chardon, 34, told her brother she feared for her life before she was killed
  • Novy went missing on February 2013 and her body was found six years later
  • Her husband, John William Chardon, is accused of murdering her
  • Novy had told her brother that John had been unfaithful and owned a pistol
  • She also said that John had started acting violently towards her
Novy Chardon said she feared for her life before she was allegedly murdered by husband John Chardon | Daily Mail Online

BBM: Well that is a pretty big typo. Novy has never been found - although the article does state that she has never been found further down.

Of all the serial killers, Child abusers and just filth on earth I have read about he would have to be the one I detest the most.

What an ugly human.
Hope there is so much presented to incriminate him, that he cannot escape a Guilty verdict.
Life behind bars, will not end well for this Creep.
MOO.

I attended the Supreme Court Brisbane on Monday 26August; 10am-11:30am. Accused put into the dock - dressed in blue jeans, sports jacket, open shirt/no tie. The public gallery was well attended. I did my usual; sitting with the law students - best seats in the house.

The first 15mins were admin matters with judge and legals (no jury) - additional material, clarification questions from the jury... discussion re use of the term 'unlawful killing', rather than murder... etc etc
Of Note: the rest of the week will likely be made up of police interviews, video/audio taped statements etc. The indication I got was that the Crown case will likely end Friday - 30th August 2019. Defense will follow into next week.

Jury brought in about 10:20am.

There was only one witness during this morning session. A Filipino man in his 30's (with female translator), continuing his testimony from Friday session. A Crown witness, now under cross examination by the defense barrister. I believe the Filipino man's name is Marshall.

I sat through an hour of very confusing cross examination (chopping and changing of dates and evidence etc). I kept notes thinking that my confusion was because I wasn't familiar with his previous testimony, however eventually the Crown intervened, the jury was excused and the witness and translator left while legal discussion unfolded before the judge.

The confusion was that there had been 'a deal' made between crown and defense previously; that this Filipino witness' sexual relationship with John Chardon NOT be discussed in front of the jury' taken into consideration of the case. Due to this 'gag order' the questioning by the defense was totally out of context and 'misleading in gravity'.

Mr Marshall (through Filipino translation) claimed that John Chardon had asked him if he 'would kill for him'; if he knew a 'hit man' and the defense was endeavouring to dismiss this request out-of-hand as if the two men hardly knew each other - a frivolous conversation (as argued by the Crown).

However... the history between the two men is that they met in 2011 through the Australian Embassy in Cebu City, Philippines when John Chardon proposed a philanthropic endeavour/sponsorship of education of young Filipino girls...
There was a falling out fairly quickly between JC and this Filipino male Mr Marshall (testimony by the witness is that 'JC just wanted to have sex with the girls; wanted to have sex with virgins').

Apart from the recipient of Chardon's financial support for schooling (and after-school sexual favours according to the witness)... John Chardon and Mr Marshall (Filipino) had formed an intimate connection/homosexual relationship together around this same time with money changing hands from JC to Mr Marshall for personal 'expenses'. This hit-man request was after a consensual sexual session between the two adult males at John Chardon's accommodation at the Marriott Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines. Marshall's testimony today... "I composed myself [after sex] and replied, I'll see if I can find someone".

That's about as far as we got with evidence, when the jury was set back to their rooms - the Crown had approached the bench wanting to discuss the way that the testimony was unfolding (see above)...

It was almost 11:30am, so the judge called for a break and we all left the court room - I spoke to the translator outside in the foyer, initially to thank her for her time etc. It was then, that she and Marshall's decided to chat to me, so I sat with them until they were recalled and I elected to leave the court precinct and get on with my day.

Note: I had originally discounted the 'hit-man' testimony as a potential claim for reward money (IMO, defense had already appeared to be heading that way - during cross-examination)...
What came out in our convo in the foyer without my even asking, was the detail that Marshall knew of Australian divorce settlements. He told me that Chardon's argument was that he would have to pay 50% of his assets to Novy, that it would cost him AU$1mill. etc etc...

I remain 'on the fence' as to integrity of all of Marshall's testimony - both on, and off the record. I doubt in the overall scheme of things, that it will make a difference to the outcome - just more exposure of what goes on inside the sicko head of John Chardon.

I'll make a point of getting to court during the defense, next week.

I attended the Supreme Court Brisbane on Monday 26August; 10am-11:30am. Accused put into the dock - dressed in blue jeans, sports jacket, open shirt/no tie. The public gallery was well attended. I did my usual; sitting with the law students - best seats in the house.

The first 15mins were admin matters with judge and legals (no jury) - additional material, clarification questions from the jury... discussion re use of the term 'unlawful killing', rather than murder... etc etc
Of Note: the rest of the week will likely be made up of police interviews, video/audio taped statements etc. The indication I got was that the Crown case will likely end Friday - 30th August 2019. Defense will follow into next week.

Jury brought in about 10:20am.

There was only one witness during this morning session. A Filipino man in his 30's (with female translator), continuing his testimony from Friday session. A Crown witness, now under cross examination by the defense barrister. I believe the Filipino man's name is Marshall.

I sat through an hour of very confusing cross examination (chopping and changing of dates and evidence etc). I kept notes thinking that my confusion was because I wasn't familiar with his previous testimony, however eventually the Crown intervened, the jury was excused and the witness and translator left while legal discussion unfolded before the judge.

The confusion was that there had been 'a deal' made between crown and defense previously; that this Filipino witness' sexual relationship with John Chardon NOT be discussed in front of the jury' taken into consideration of the case. Due to this 'gag order' the questioning by the defense was totally out of context and 'misleading in gravity'.

Mr Marshall (through Filipino translation) claimed that John Chardon had asked him if he 'would kill for him'; if he knew a 'hit man' and the defense was endeavouring to dismiss this request out-of-hand as if the two men hardly knew each other - a frivolous conversation (as argued by the Crown).

However... the history between the two men is that they met in 2011 through the Australian Embassy in Cebu City, Philippines when John Chardon proposed a philanthropic endeavour/sponsorship of education of young Filipino girls...
There was a falling out fairly quickly between JC and this Filipino male Mr Marshall (testimony by the witness is that 'JC just wanted to have sex with the girls; wanted to have sex with virgins').

Apart from the recipient of Chardon's financial support for schooling (and after-school sexual favours according to the witness)... John Chardon and Mr Marshall (Filipino) had formed an intimate connection/homosexual relationship together around this same time with money changing hands from JC to Mr Marshall for personal 'expenses'. This hit-man request was after a consensual sexual session between the two adult males at John Chardon's accommodation at the Marriott Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines. Marshall's testimony today... "I composed myself [after sex] and replied, I'll see if I can find someone".

That's about as far as we got with evidence, when the jury was set back to their rooms - the Crown had approached the bench wanting to discuss the way that the testimony was unfolding (see above)...

It was almost 11:30am, so the judge called for a break and we all left the court room - I spoke to the translator outside in the foyer, initially to thank her for her time etc. It was then, that she and Marshall's decided to chat to me, so I sat with them until they were recalled and I elected to leave the court precinct and get on with my day.

Note: I had originally discounted the 'hit-man' testimony as a potential claim for reward money (IMO, defense had already appeared to be heading that way - during cross-examination)...
What came out in our convo in the foyer without my even asking, was the detail that Marshall knew of Australian divorce settlements. He told me that Chardon's argument was that he would have to pay 50% of his assets to Novy, that it would cost him AU$1mill. etc etc...

I remain 'on the fence' as to integrity of all of Marshall's testimony - both on, and off the record. I doubt in the overall scheme of things, that it will make a difference to the outcome - just more exposure of what goes on inside the sicko head of John Chardon.

I'll make a point of getting to court during the defense, next week.

Mountain Misst, you have been great with your account of the proceedings.
Hope to hear more, re Defence from you.:):):)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back