Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly what part of the road the van was spotted, but if it's the road that was searched by police years later (Houston Mitchell Drive) then I recall from the times I've driven that road to visit family there is a winery out there. It's accessible by a sealed road off HMD. Could it have been someone leaving the winery pulled over for some reason?

It was Houston Mitchell Drive. Spedding, coincidentally, drove past the search site just as police were going to start searching.
It seems that the testimony/statement said that the van was driving out of a bush trail ... not sure that can be taken that it was pulled over.
As the driver stopped the van 'abruptly' and ducked their head not to be seen as they were driving out of the trail, it might be that the driver recognised the vehicle that was driving by as Dean Pollard's vehicle?

DT.JPG

Maybe it wasn't BS's van, but if that was in his Police statement, the Police had good reason to suspect it was him that day.

I wonder if the police have ever done a process of elimination on the van. How many other vans that could be in the area, ones that looked just like Spedding's van, perhaps with signwriting on the side.
I wonder what kinds of vehicles the other tradies who worked at FGM's house drove at the time.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
2m
He was interviewed by police about this sighting and it led to a subsequent search of the bush surrounding where he saw the van, which found nothing of note. However, he told the court today he is now not sure it was Mr Spedding’s van.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
4m
The clarification of a suppression order means we can now report what was said by witness Dean Pollard. He told police back in 2014 that he saw a white van, which he thought was Bill Spedding’s, driving out of a dirt track the day after William vanished.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

gosh how am i going to cope when i cant get the last week of info arghhhhh and all the input..might have to move to aus for a week lollll

If you mean with the website being down this weekend ... Tricia 'hopes' it will be up on Monday (US time) so sometime Tuesday our (Aus) time. And that is barring any unforeseen issues with the repairs. Could be even longer.

As we do not know IF and a big IF PS has any priors ....

What motive do we think he would have had or what could have happened IF he was responsible for William missing?

I am so completely confused with all the testimonies now from PS and RD etc I just dont know what direction it is heading now.

As we do not know IF and a big IF PS has any priors ....

What motive do we think he would have had or what could have happened IF he was responsible for William missing?

I am so completely confused with all the testimonies now from PS and RD etc I just dont know what direction it is heading now.
i just listened to the last podcast. PS has no priors. RD sounds very suspicious, refused to speak in police interviews and apparently at the inquest there was a legal argument surrounding him that was not able to be reported as per court orders...

I wish they asked Dean Pollard today if the van he saw could have possibly been RD’s and shown him a photo. That would help. Honestly, there seems to be so many missed opportunities in this inquest.

I’m also worried that BS’ legal drama is going to cause witnesses to panic about legal action against them and change their stories. It was so inappropriate to announce his intentions before the inquest finished. IMO, it has the potential to alter the outcome of the inquest.

I wish they asked Dean Pollard today if the van he saw could have possibly been RD’s and shown him a photo. That would help. Honestly, there seems to be so many missed opportunities in this inquest.

I’m also worried that BS’ legal drama is going to cause witnesses to panic about legal action against them and change their stories. It was so inappropriate to announce his intentions before the inquest finished. IMO, it has the potential to alter the outcome of the inquest.

seems like BS legal team is after Jubelin...

bbm
but the truth is the truth.
if everybody is telling 100% factual information then it shouldn't matter who is threatening who with law suits.
if spedding putting on the heavys starts flushing out relevant information in any direction it should be welcomed...and if its silencing people well then maybe there's a reason for that.... again truth isnt to be afraid of......o_O

moo

RD seems interesting:

Was living in his van just up the road
Worked at the service station (may have seen the family, spoke to the FGM)
Car similar to his seen going into the bush with a driver that bobbed down
Refuses to talk to police in the police interview
Sex offender
Closed court for something regarding him today

bbm
but the truth is the truth.
if everybody is telling 100% factual information then it shouldn't matter who is threatening who with law suits.
if spedding putting on the heavys starts flushing out relevant information in any direction it should be welcomed...and if its silencing people well then maybe there's a reason for that.... again truth isnt to be afraid of......o_O

moo

True, and that is how you and I would think.

But there are people who don't want to get involved in any police investigation, and having someone like Peter O'Brien spouting off about considering suing the police dept could be enough to intimidate some people. Intimidate them enough to say "I'm outta here - they haven't found the little boy anyway".

I think BS has a cunning lawyer, I’m cynical about the one witness who thought he was at the assembly, especially when someone pointed out the witness was a fb friend of BS.
He still rates high up as my POI.

RD seems interesting:

Was living in his van just up the road
Worked at the service station (may have seen the family, spoke to the FGM)
Car similar to his seen going into the bush with a driver that bobbed down
Refuses to talk to police in the police interview
Sex offender
Closed court for something regarding him today

Was there closed court for something regarding Donohoe today?
I guess I must have missed that. What led up to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313