MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) — Law enforcement agencies digging in Macomb County as part of a joint investigation on unsolved homicides in Macomb County found articles that resemble clothing, sources tell 7 Action News.

The dig has been happening every day since Monday morning on the north side of the Clinton River just south of 23 Mile Rd. Sources tell 7 Action News the dig will resume on Monday.

Police find articles resembling clothing during Macomb Twp. dig in decades-long cold case

MACOMB TWP. (WWJ) - While no bodies have been found, some clues may have been uncovered in a search for multiple missing girls suspected to be victims of a serial killer.

According to sources speaking to WWJ Newsradio 950 on Friday, investigators digging in northern Macomb County have apparently found some items of interest.

Family members of at least one of the girls have been asked to review several unspecified items, which reports say may include clothing.

'A Lot Has Happened' In Dig For Remains Of Missing Girls In Macomb Township

Here's another article mentioning clothes.

Clothes found at Macomb Township homicide search site, police say

I haven't looked at these cases in a while, but it would be great if Ream produces some results and gives their families some peace. He turned Macomb into a dangerous place. That name came up so often when looking at these older cases.

Police are also searching new locations in the area, according to authorities.

This guy. What a textbook case for a narcissistic sociopath and serial killer

Inside the mind of Arthur Ream, convicted killer writing behind bars

"In his writings, Ream also does a lot of self reflection and focuses on his anger issues:

"Anger can lead to re-offending because I focus my anger toward one person, and if that person is a young and vulnerable female I could re-offend. Focusing my anger at one person makes me feel better."

He also listed his "triggers:"

• Being told I'm not getting my way.
  • Being told something bad by my boss, I'm laid off/fired.
  • Getting in a small car accident.
  • Being told no, and not given any reason.
  • Guys showing up late for work all the time.

Ream also wrote about power, stating:

"When I am in the need to feel like I have power and control I may look for someone that is impressionable that I can control, this could lead to them becoming a victim."

And then he wrote about loneliness:

"Loneliness leads to fantasizing, and that could lead to a new victim."

And of course he always deflects and blames it on others. I'm surprised he's finally giving LE some information.

This guy. What a textbook case for a narcissistic sociopath and serial killer

Inside the mind of Arthur Ream, convicted killer writing behind bars

"In his writings, Ream also does a lot of self reflection and focuses on his anger issues:

"Anger can lead to re-offending because I focus my anger toward one person, and if that person is a young and vulnerable female I could re-offend. Focusing my anger at one person makes me feel better."

He also listed his "triggers:"

• Being told I'm not getting my way.
  • Being told something bad by my boss, I'm laid off/fired.
  • Getting in a small car accident.
  • Being told no, and not given any reason.
  • Guys showing up late for work all the time.

Ream also wrote about power, stating:

"When I am in the need to feel like I have power and control I may look for someone that is impressionable that I can control, this could lead to them becoming a victim."

And then he wrote about loneliness:

"Loneliness leads to fantasizing, and that could lead to a new victim."

And of course he always deflects and blames it on others. I'm surprised he's finally giving LE some information.

That's oddly honest. Do you think he would remember every victim? Not names but exact burial spots and abduction dates?

@Betty P What do you think about him saying his son killed a girl? It would be nice if he could tell the truth without sprinkling in lies. Having cops question him and people wonder who he killed where their bodies are must be amusing for him. It breaks up his prison time and it gives him power.

That's oddly honest. Do you think he would remember every victim? Not names but exact burial spots and abduction dates?

He mentions having an active fantasy life, typical for some serial killers. If so, it probably means he relives his previous crimes in fantasies and remembers those details about locations and dates. Ted Bundy and Dennis Rader (BTK) were able to accurately recall details of the many murders they committed. Bundy was able to tell investigators where to find the remains of many of his victims. Samuel Little has been telling investigators about his many victims.

Samuel Little - Wikipedia

Killers blaming other people for murders they committed is also typical. Since Ream's victims were young girls, he may be blaming his son to avoid getting harsh treatment from other inmates in prison. JMO

• Kellie-Marie-Brownlee-Image-300x165.jpg
Kellie Marie Brownlee
Height 5'7" (at time of disappearance)
Weight 125-135 lbs (at time of disappearance)
Parents Loretta Brownlee, Paul Brownlee
Date of Birth November 5, 1964
Date of Disappearance May 20, 1982
Missing from Novi, Michigan
Boyfriend Mark Graves

Hope is still alive for Kellie Brownlee’s family, who despite searching for over 36 years, believe she could still be alive. The investigation is still ongoing, and the search for Brownlee is still on.

Mark Graves, Brownlee’s boyfriend, asked countless people if they saw or heard from the 17-year-old when she went missing in 1982. According to reports, she had been staying at his place with his family. But on the morning of May 20, 1982 (after they’d taken the bus to school together), Brownlee was never seen again.

Brownlee has been missing for more than three decades. Though her mother knows that her daughter could be dead, she would still like to believe otherwise.

LINK:
https://crimeola.com/kellie-marie-brownlee-missing-arthur-ream/

Hi! I was almost kidnapped from the same mall just before Valentine's Day but I cannot remember the exact year, it was 1984 or 1985. It was 12 oaks mall. I just was scared to death when I googled searched if anyone else did get kidnapped from there, and was shocked to find a girl with the same name as me was in fact kidnapped a few years before me. I had recently met up with my sister online, and we were talking about, " that one time we were almost kidnapped" and it was 12 oaks mall. It was Valentines or the day before because our mom drove up to buy valentines presents, I was in 10th grade I think so it mustve been 1985. I remember the details of the guy exactly but I think it was little traumatic as I cant remember if I was 14 or 15. Anyway the guy wore a navy blue like puffer coat, and he had dark hair and a roundy face --was not very tall. no facial hair. He mustve been in his 30s. He was touching himself under his jacket, even though the mall was full, and I was young and thought I must not be seeing what I am seeing, so I looked away....but when I slowly looked back over, yes he was staring at me and touching himself..the story is a long one, but one in which ,my sister and I ran through the mall and he ran after us, just not giving up. I ran itno the Fanny Farmer chocolates and he was standing right behind me looking at my face in the glass and me looking at him in the glass...he went outside the store to like wait, because I was yelling help to anyone there, but no one was on the floor, they were back in the back room..so as he waited we made a run for it to run back to my mom and step dad. They were mad at us thinking we were joking but I was terrified. Anyway, later this man walked right up to my step dad and me, like " where have you been" to which I grabbed my step dad and said, see thats him! So my step dad chased him out of the mall. I think it was scary like the man had done this before to be so brave and relentless in his chase of us. I had night mares that night.

p,s, Do you have any pictures of the potential suspects? I know my situation was 2-3 years later, but it was just oddly similar in some areas...like my name was the same, my appearance back then was very similar. I had dark permed hair, as was the style back then. Same mall...just scary.

p,s, Do you have any pictures of the potential suspects? I know my situation was 2-3 years later, but it was just oddly similar in some areas...like my name was the same, my appearance back then was very similar. I had dark permed hair, as was the style back then. Same mall...just scary.

Hi Kelliw8,

Did you live in the area and did you file a police report?
Right now Arthur Ream is the main suspect. Also, Kellie's father Paul Brownlee, Serial killer Mike DeBardeleban and a couple others that haven't been completely ruled out.
Do you still live in the area or did you move shortly after your incident?
Kellie's disappearance was all over the news and in newspapers. Of course, you were young and may not have kept up with the local news.
I would contact the West Bloomfield Michigan police department and ask for the lead investigator on the Kellie Brownlee case. Tell him what happened to you. Even minor details. That must have been very frightening and I thank you for giving us your information.
Any tips or leads are taken very seriously.

Hi Kelliw8,

Did you live in the area and did you file a police report?
Right now Arthur Ream is the main suspect. Also, Kellie's father Paul Brownlee, Serial killer Mike DeBardeleban and a couple others that haven't been completely ruled out.
Do you still live in the area or did you move shortly after your incident?
Kellie's disappearance was all over the news and in newspapers. Of course, you were young and may not have kept up with the local news.
I would contact the West Bloomfield Michigan police department and ask for the lead investigator on the Kellie Brownlee case. Tell him what happened to you. Even minor details. That must have been very frightening and I thank you for giving us your information.
Any tips or leads are taken very seriously.
They've looked at Ream, which I'd describe as due diligence. I certainly wouldn't say that Ream is a better suspect than Paul Brownlee.

They've looked at Ream, which I'd describe as due diligence. I certainly wouldn't say that Ream is a better suspect than Paul Brownlee.

I agree. I just thought they suspected him more than Paul. I have different thoughts, of course. Did they ever find anything at the dig site that was released publicly?

I agree. I just thought they suspected him more than Paul. I have different thoughts, of course. Did they ever find anything at the dig site that was released publicly?
Clothing was found, but they didn't know whether it was connected to any disappearances. Nothing beyond that has been released publicly so far as I know.
-
My understanding is that the dig was primarily to look for Kimberly King. I think the other missing women were mentioned as possibilities simply because they went missing while Ream was free and because Ream claimed to have murdered several people.

KBrownlee.jpg
KBrownlee1.jpg
KBrownlee3.jpg
KBrownlee2.jpg

Left and center: Brownlee, circa 1982; Right: Age-progressed to age 41 (circa 2005)

Kellie Marie Brownlee
Missing since May 20, 1982 from Novi, Oakland County, Michigan.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: November 5, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 135 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks: She has double-pierced ears.
    • Clothing: She wore a long sleeved peach blouse, white painter pants
      and Nina brand, burgundy high heels at the time of disappearance.
    • Dentals: Available. Brownlee's left front tooth is capped.
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Brownlee was last seen at the Twelve Oaks Mall in Bloomfield, MI around 11.00 on May 20, 1982. On the morning of May 20, 1982, Kellie and her boyfriend took the bus to school, but Kellie didn't attend class. At 09.00, she hitchhiked to Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi to apply for a job. At 11.00, Kellie ran into a friend's mom who offered Kellie a ride, but Kellie wanted to put in more applications before heading home. That was the last time anyone saw her.

Kellie was a "Wall Tuckian," the nickname for the big-haired girls in blue jeans, high heels and army jackets who hung around Walled Lake in the early 1980s. She listened to Ozzy Osbourne and smoked Marlboro Reds.
Kellie was staying with her boyfriend and his family in their apartment in Walled Lake, Michigan in May 1982. She had moved out of her family's West Bloomfield, Michigan home after telling friends that her stepfather abused her. Her friends stated that they had seen bruises on Kellie's body before she vanished.

The boyfriend reported that Kellie was missing when she did not return to his family's apartment or call him by 21:00. A search was initiated soon after, but little evidence was located. The boyfriend was ruled out as a suspect early on in the investigation. Speculation began to center around the stepfather, who claimed that he was visiting his father-in-law's grave and going to the gym on the day Kellie disappeared. He also denied abusing Kellie in any way and maintained he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Foul play is suspected in this case.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning Brownlee's case, please contact:
West Bloomfield Police Department
248-682-9200

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 82-6461
NCMEC #: NCMC600451
NCIC Number: M-086153645
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information related to this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 60DFMI

Justice for Kellie from a Taylor-Tuckian to a Wall-Tuckian. Funny how places get nicknames. I've heard people say it was because of being a certain type with big hair in the 1980's and maybe that was a thing too but really it began when lots of people from the hill states like Kentucky flooded into Michigan to work at the various auto plants and their supportive part factories. It wasn't said in a derogatory way. It just saying us native Michiganders were feeling a little overwhelmed with the influx of newcomers. Anyway, I hope someone will see her photos and read her loyal friend's description on this thread and it will spark a memory so hopefully she can finally come home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back