Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be hard to time correctly, IMO.
But easier and more reliable than fumbling with a long shotgun yourself, trigger one end, barrel the other! I also thought about the reported three shots, which police said was them, and may have been too far away from where they were reported to have been heard, but if one shot first, then maybe the other took 2 shots, fumbling with the gun themselves.

Last edited:
Nobody knows the actual content of the video and I keep thinging that a 30 second segment seems awfully short to cover two individuals last wishes and would be more inclined to think that small portions of the recording have been shown to family members that were specific comments directed toward individuals.

If AS wasn't named in the recording, the RCMP may have nothing to show him and showing him comments directed to his mother or grandmother wouldn't be ethical, nor would it be in anybody's best interest if those private comments were shared with the media.

But easier and more reliable than fumbling with a shotgun yourself!
I'd personally think fumbling with the weapon yourself would be more error-proof than shooting each other. People do sometimes screw up suicides, for lack of a better word, but shooting each other just leaves too much room for error. No accounting for one of them missing and the other being an accurate shot, leaving the surviving one possibly too wounded to finish themselves off.

The timing of the cologne makes me wonder when buying it was discussed with his dad in relation to when Bryer and Kam decided to set out. Like, I wonder if he mentioned it to his dad when he last saw him in June, but then he and Kam made plans to leave only in July, and he just never thought of his dad bringing it or he forgot about the request. Or maybe he knew all along his dad was going to bring it, and he didn't really care that his dad was inconvenienced and wouldn't be able to give it to him. It's so odd.

He just doesn't strike me as a cologne wearing guy for some reason, not sure why... Out of all the things he could get from his dad for over $100, it's cologne? So odd indeed.

Nobody knows the actual content of the video and I keep thinging that a 30 second segment seems awfully short to cover two individuals last wishes and would be more inclined to think that small portions of the recording have been shown to family members that were specific comments directed toward individuals.
SBM

The short length doesn't surprise me. I doubt their sentiments directed to their families consisted of more than each of them saying some variation of "I want to be buried/cremated [insert additional instruction]. You can give my [insert prized possession] to [insert name]. Sorry we did this to you. Love you. Goodbye. "

If AS wasn't named in the recording, the RCMP may have nothing to show him and showing him comments directed to his mother or grandmother wouldn't be ethical, nor would it be in anybody's best interest if those private comments were shared with the media.
I am pretty sure the report said the RCMP have only shown a 30 second segment of the video to family (but specfically selected family), with AS left out.

He just doesn't strike me as a cologne wearing guy for some reason, not sure why... Out of all the things he could get from his dad for over $100, it's cologne? So odd indeed.
Yeah it is odd. I was looking at pictures of them earlier today because of the conversation on here about their general aesthetics yesterday. Bryer's clothing is very plain, as a general rule. He seemed to wear a lot of plain sweatshirts/jackets when he wasn't in camo. I think I only saw one thing he was wearing with a logo, also a sweatshirt.

Fewer pictures of Kam to work with, but even when you can't see exactly what he is wearing, the neckline almost always looks like a T-shirt. The only time I remember seeing him in a jacket is the "butterfly" picture, and his plaid jacket--which, incidentally, I have one just like that--is utilitarian but by virtue of having a pattern is still less plain than most anything Bryer wears.

I actually think that plaid jacket--or one similar to it--might also be in the background of Bryer's Slav squat picture on Instagram. But I am not 100% sure. It did make me wonder if Kam was sitting behind him on the computer while he was demonstrating his Slav squatting/bottle holding skills.

Edited to add: Or maybe Kam draped his jacket over a chair behind Bryer, and he's the one who took the Slav squat pic.

Yes, I could totally see that. I honestly think these two thought they were in a movie of the week sometimes. Everything seems so dramatic in a way.
Or easier to ensure it happens, could easily have barrels pointed at heads/chest and both triggers held close together with both of their hands/fingers on each trigger between them both slowly pulling the triggers on each gun together at same time.

Or easier to ensure it happens, could easily have barrels pointed at heads/chest and both triggers held close together with both of their hands/fingers on each trigger between them both slowly pulling the triggers on each gun together at same time.
Many people flinch with a weapon's recoil (and the noise), so that's not really fool-proof. I simply don't think that's a very practical way to commit suicide. MOO

Yes, I could totally see that. I honestly think these two thought they were in a movie of the week sometimes. Everything seems so dramatic in a way.

Seriously! I guess the whole point is that they were acting out because of some extreme angst or whatever and, growing up on video games like they did, they probably were inclined to the "cinematic" aspects of the whole thing (setting things on fire, giving their real names to strangers, walking around all casual in a military outfit, dying together in the woods). I get a sense that Bryer especially was a super dramatic person, what with his Nazi Ritalin parties and plans for a "militia" and all.

They might've even filmed their own suicides in that video.

I considered it but I don't think so. The phone would have to be in some kind of waterproof enclosure like a Ziploc bag to survive the conditions. If they filmed the suicides it would just be out exposed to the elements and likely would not have been working by the time it was found. They also had no idea how long it would be before they were found, if ever.

Off topic a bit, but saw this photo post on my News Feed on my FB. Obviously it's a US Walmart but wow, someone messed up. Terrible.
View attachment 199924

Someone's getting fired!

Still error-prone.

Yeah it is odd. I was looking at pictures of them earlier today because of the conversation on here about their general aesthetics yesterday. Bryer's clothing is very plain, as a general rule. He seemed to wear a lot of plain sweatshirts/jackets when he wasn't in camo. I think I only saw one thing he was wearing with a logo, also a sweatshirt.

Fewer pictures of Kam to work with, but even when you can't see exactly what he is wearing, the neckline almost always looks like a T-shirt. The only time I remember seeing him in a jacket is the "butterfly" picture, and his plaid jacket--which, incidentally, I have one just like that--is utilitarian but by virtue of having a pattern is still less plain than most anything Bryer wears.

I actually think that plaid jacket--or one similar to it--might also be in the background of Bryer's Slav squat picture on Instagram. But I am not 100% sure. It did make me wonder if Kam was sitting behind him on the computer while he was demonstrating his Slav squatting/bottle holding skills.

Edited to add: Or maybe Kam draped his jacket over a chair behind Bryer, and he's the one who took the Slav squat pic.
What I noticed in the pics I saw was the number of chip bags and drink bottles/cans around the room and that Bryer's hair always appears meticulously groomed and appears much darker than in his childhood pic with his dad, maybe even dyed, while Kam's is tousled!

Many people flinch with a weapon's recoil (and the noise), so that's not really fool-proof. I simply don't think that's a very practical way to commit suicide. MOO

You know what though...what am I talking about. It's these guys. Since when have they ever made a practical decision? This is probably exactly what they did! (JMO)

What I noticed in the pics I saw was the number of chip bags and drink bottles/cans around the room and that Bryer's hair always appears meticulously groomed and appears much darker than in his childhood pic with his dad, maybe even dyed, while Kam's is tousled!
Yes, you're right about the random stuff that's always laying around in Bryer pictures. A foreshadowing of the garbage in the Rav4, I guess.

And Bryer's hair does always look very neatly trimmed--and is quite a bit shorter, really, than I see in a lot of teens around here. I think it's pretty common for hair to darken with age. Mine certainly did. Don't know what his hair looked like at birth, but I was born with jet black hair that as a child cycled through blonde, reddish brown, brown, and then finally settled on about as dark of a brown as you can be without it being black in my teens. And none of that was due to dye!

Kam's tousled hair is more similar to what I see around. His hair is always tousled in the exact same way, which makes me think he was trying to style it that way. I have actually wondered if he was always trying to cover the mole on his forehead. He usually seems to have it strategically placed to do so.

BS would probably have something to say to his dad, since he is one of the people he called when leaving, we don't know if he even called his mother to tell her he was going, perhaps relying on his grandmother to inform her. Also AS had mentioned he became concerned when he hadn't heard from Bryer for several days, so it appears he had regular contact and BS would be very likely to expect his father would see the video.

Seriously! I guess the whole point is that they were acting out because of some extreme angst or whatever and, growing up on video games like they did, they probably were inclined to the "cinematic" aspects of the whole thing (setting things on fire, giving their real names to strangers, walking around all casual in a military outfit, dying together in the woods). I get a sense that Bryer especially was a super dramatic person, what with his Nazi Ritalin parties and plans for a "militia" and all.

I considered it but I don't think so. The phone would have to be in some kind of waterproof enclosure like a Ziploc bag to survive the conditions. If they filmed the suicides it would just be out exposed to the elements and likely would not have been working by the time it was found. They also had no idea how long it would be before they were found, if ever.

Someone's getting fired!

Still error-prone.

They were reported to have both died from being shot, so must have shot themselves one way or another, or someone shot them and left them there in the scrub with two guns!

This case has been a real eye-opener in regard to how the RCMP respond to and disseminate information! Pretty much the entire world was informed of a video days ago, but they were wanting to keep this secret as well. I had questioned previously why it took so long for them to disclose that there was a phone with a message, as it took several days for this info to emerge from when the bodies were reportedly found. (Maybe it was like the keys, ignored and then retrieved days later!)
Law enforcement in Canada is different from in the States. They don't hang all the information out before processing it. We don't have live court trials either. They are pretty strict on RCMP....its a body of the government of Canada and not individual counties etc. There is a huge amount of training one has to go through to become a police officer. They are more conservative here in Canada that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans