TX TX - Phillip Brandenburg, 1, Dallas, 1 May 1975

Unfortunately, we were wrong.

Phillip Steven Brandenburg and Jonathan Edward Brandenburg are different boys, it seems.

So Franklin Delano Floyd did take a boy that we have no idea the whereabouts of.

Phillip Steven Brandenburg is missing. Jonathan Brandenburg was born in 1975, after Floyd left. He said in Facebook comments he never met his sister.

Meaning that Franklin Delano Floyd is likely responsible for the deaths of at least 4 people (Phillip Steven Brandenburg, Cheryl Ann Commesso, Suzanne Maree Sevakis, and Michael Anthony Hughes).

Let's try to get Phillip on Doe Network, NamUs, and the Charley Project.
I NEED to learn to read!

This is an exciting update, for sure!
Forty-five years ago today, a baby boy was born in a North Carolina hospital. Named Phillip Steven Brandenburg, the infant quickly disappeared. He is listed on some websites as a missing endangered child—a boy who some have believed was abducted by a killer now awaiting execution in Florida.

But the boy is not even mentioned by other databases. Just weeks after his birth, his biological mother married a man named Franklin Delano Floyd, whose trail of felonies spanned the country and have been the subject of best-selling true-crime books.

The existence, let alone whereabouts, of the boy named Phillip Steven could not be determined for decades by anybody—detectives, writers, or family members.

Also born on April 12, 1974 at the Carolinas Medical Center in Lincolnton was Phillip Steven Patterson, adopted by a couple named Mary and Bob Patterson just six weeks into his life.

Just weeks ago, amid a time of family mourning, Patterson’s mother told him something. That something resulted in him going to a local police station, and giving a DNA sample to law enforcement.

His cheek swab could provide some resolution: whether the two Philip Stevens with the same first and middle names, and birthdays, are the same person.
Exclusive: N.C. Man Waits for DNA Results Putting Him in Wake of Death Row Killer

This is very exciting , and I'm guessing this is why the sister commented on Matt's blog to me that she didn't understand , she probably never knew of him . so very sad.

I need to get Finding Sharon now that it's out.

I haven't really followed things since it was determined the brother wasn't missing. But now he was in fact missing. But it's still maybe missing?

It would be cool if someone familiar with genealogy websites were to create a family tree for Sharon and all her kin.

I need to get Finding Sharon now that it's out.

I haven't really followed things since it was determined the brother wasn't missing. But now he was in fact missing. But it's still maybe missing?

It would be cool if someone familiar with genealogy websites were to create a family tree for Sharon and all her kin.

its GOOD BOOK and our speculation appears to be correct about the "family Dynamics" there's one of Suzanne's sisters on FB that CLEARLY is pissed about their upbringing and lies that were told .

wow, this is so interesting but confusing
if the 'adoption' was legal, then why couldn't whoever was looking for him (who was looking for him? who put the entry in Namus?) find him, esp. since he had the same first and middle names and same birthdate?

its GOOD BOOK and our speculation appears to be correct about the "family Dynamics" there's one of Suzanne's sisters on FB that CLEARLY is pissed about their upbringing and lies that were told .
What search terms should I be using on FB to find this sister and her comments? Is there a specific group or am I looking for the sister herself?

What search terms should I be using on FB to find this sister and her comments? Is there a specific group or am I looking for the sister herself?
look at "A Beautiful Child FB and its easy to follow the trail of family the sisters that are on there are Friends with the other sister that is very vocal about mom and shes at the opposite end of the country too, West coast

Yes he was a match but I cant find the article , Ill keep looking

I first read about this case a few years ago, and followed up today... so I'm only now learning that Sharon Marshall was finally identified as Suzanne Sevakis, and all the rest of the now available information. I've not read Matt's books, but I have read his website and a few others I've found out there. I was sad to learn that Suzanne's mother never found her daughter (or her son for that matter). I wondered what steps she took to look for them besides contacting police? I found myself wondering today why she wasn't screaming from the rooftops once her daughter's true identity was revealed, along with how FDF "raised" (kept her captive) all those years? I'd be screaming blue murder, and looking for some way to sue to police who had not so much as filed a missing person's report for my children!! I'd go so far as to see FDF in prison (who's to say she has or hasn't?) and be hounding that fool or manipulating him to try to get some answers at least as to where Phillip ended up, and where Michael ended up!!

So I'm still trying to determine if the DNA matched to the man who was adopted who shared the same name as Suzanne's brother: Phillip Stephen....? Any results?

Also... I read the obit for Suzanne's mother's most recent husband... I found it curious that her husband had a son listed with the same surname as her son Phillip... things that make ya go hrm...

I first read about this case a few years ago, and followed up today... so I'm only now learning that Sharon Marshall was finally identified as Suzanne Sevakis, and all the rest of the now available information. I've not read Matt's books, but I have read his website and a few others I've found out there. I was sad to learn that Suzanne's mother never found her daughter (or her son for that matter). I wondered what steps she took to look for them besides contacting police? I found myself wondering today why she wasn't screaming from the rooftops once her daughter's true identity was revealed, along with how FDF "raised" (kept her captive) all those years? I'd be screaming blue murder, and looking for some way to sue to police who had not so much as filed a missing person's report for my children!! I'd go so far as to see FDF in prison (who's to say she has or hasn't?) and be hounding that fool or manipulating him to try to get some answers at least as to where Phillip ended up, and where Michael ended up!!

So I'm still trying to determine if the DNA matched to the man who was adopted who shared the same name as Suzanne's brother: Phillip Stephen....? Any results?

Also... I read the obit for Suzanne's mother's most recent husband... I found it curious that her husband had a son listed with the same surname as her son Phillip... things that make ya go hrm...

Read the 2nd book , you wont feel sorry for her mother AT ALL!

Read the 2nd book , you wont feel sorry for her mother AT ALL!

I just ordered it. From what I read though, it appears that mom decided to place Phillip for adoption BECAUSE she had FDF the new man in her life under some assumed name and she quite literally appears to have chosen that man over her son, so she placed the child for adoption and somehow failed to mention that to police!! I find it hard to believe that the man who's DNA was being tested as recently as late April 2019 wouldn't be the Phillip that she gave up for adoption given that his adoptive mother knew Sandi and had worked with her for a time before becoming the child's adoptive mother.

I'm ordering the second book probably this week but by all accounts it seems mom really didn't seem to give one iota that her daughter was missing. So I wonder... did she SELL her daughter to the man she married? Also, if she REALLY gave a damn for that child, or her other children, wouldn't she be screaming about the injustice of the police having done nothing to help her find them all these years??? I mean some sort of law suit or damages or something???? Argh.

On Facebook tonight:

1 hr·
UPDATE:
So we have some more remarkable news from a story that never ceases to amaze me. From FINDING SHARON, you'll remember an infant known as "Stevie." Some people, like Sharon's sister Allison, vaguely remember him. Others, like the FBI, though it was a hoax. Well, we found "Stevie" last summer (or he found us) and the FBI conducted DNA testing. After a very long wait the result came in a couple of weeks ago, and it was positive. He's Sharon/Suzanne's half brother. That's all I can share at the moment. For those of you who have yet to read FINDING SHARON, you can find it here at AMAZON...

A Beautiful Child

Last edited:
She had left him at birth , in a hospital in NC and he was adopted I thought I had posted the news article it was very detailed , it might have been on her main thread , but Glad hes safe and had a better life , I found her other brother on FB and you can tell the effect that "MOM" had on his life Matt's Book seems true to form if you follow the FB rabbit hole of Suzanne's siblings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back