Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of things seem to mysteriously disappear with this case. I've just noted mention of a man in a balaclava seen in Libby's street in that report. When I'd heard it mentioned before that that had been in the papers I looked and couldn't find it as a story.

I'm sure there were other stories in MSM that I can't find.

I guess they were mistakes.
Either mistakes, or people gossiping in comment columns and FB.

As for someone seen wearing a balaclava, people do wear them in very cold weather! Doesn't mean anything by itself.

Either mistakes, or people gossiping in comment columns and FB.

As for someone seen wearing a balaclava, people do wear them in very cold weather! Doesn't mean anything by itself.
Agreed everything has to be taken in conjunction with everything else. In conjunction with an offence in her road - might have relevance. In conjunction with the fact he was quite happy to offend without a balaclava - probably not. He seems to like to be seen

With the new info of the scream mask maybe needs some thought.

Needs more information.

The walk to her house would be in the opposite direction hence not bringing him back past the car. Walking there would probably be quicker than driving cos because it's actually a dead end - you can walk to where she is in seconds but not drive.

To drive her home you'd have turn back onto Cottingham and, initially driving away from her home, turn back into the road where she was sitting but further down. Which would mean she wouldn't necessarily have noticed he wasn't taking her home straight away.

I don't know where he'd go after that to get to the park. Whether via her street or not.

I agree with you about the offer of a warm lift or the claim to be a taxi driver. She must have been freezing by then, plus drunk. Very easily conned.

I also wonder if he employed a bit of assertive 'I know what's best' coercion rather than actual force which might have made her scream. Might explain anything that looked like uncertain, confused reluctance rather than struggling. That's just an opinion though

He'd already offended in her street which is very close to where he'd parked. His house is also minutes from where he'd parked but in the opposite direction. Straight through drive blocked by the dead end. Even though it's not a long detour but I'm still not in agreement with idea he'd seen her and parked.

There was no mention of his car at his sentencing. So I wonder did he park there on his way to a bit of offending once students started to return? Did he park there on the 20th before his Wellesley wank? Or did someone else see her and tell him to get there.
I've always thought he may have driven past and seen her on the bench then went and parked near spidercam. There must be more of him on spidercam because he would have had to drive past to the dead end and turn around to park in front of spidercam ready for a fast exit. He has obviously used that spot before IMO. I also wonder if he drove her to the other large park that cars can drive right thru and park anywhere. Why did they concentrate on the park nearby her house?

Found this. Seems to have come from Facebook, so probably isn't really allowed on here, but it was posted on an earlier thread.

"PaddyOreally? said:

That was on the same night. Some girl was chased Down the road by a man in a balaclava. A taxi pulled up at the end of the road to help but was apparently a fake taxi (normal car with fake taxi stickers on side) but she managed to escape.

It was just near where libby went missing and was apparently reported to the police. People have been talking about this on Facebook".

Here's a mention of balaclava man:
"It has also emerged today that a man in a balaclava was seen near Libby's home, according to the Mirror".
Libby Squire: Sister of Polish butcher arrested insists he's innocent | Daily Mail Online
Yep I finally found it near the end of the article. Also

"Instead of going inside, Miss Squire walked down the road and was seen on CCTV sitting on a bench on the main Beverley Road 300 yards away. "

So if he approached her at that bench, they will have him on the CCTV.

Found this. Seems to have come from Facebook, so probably isn't really allowed on here, but it was posted on an earlier thread.

"PaddyOreally? said:

That was on the same night. Some girl was chased Down the road by a man in a balaclava. A taxi pulled up at the end of the road to help but was apparently a fake taxi (normal car with fake taxi stickers on side) but she managed to escape.

It was just near where libby went missing and was apparently reported to the police. People have been talking about this on Facebook".
I heard that also and I'm sure I read it on MSM. But you can't find it anywhere now.

It could fit in with lots of things. Cyclist on spidercam. Cyclist in oak road CCTV. Man in balaclava in her road earlier.

But without significantly more info you can't really make those connections - cyclists are common. It was -5 so balaclavas not sinister.

I've always thought he may have driven past and seen her on the bench then went and parked near spidercam. There must be more of him on spidercam because he would have had to drive past to the dead end and turn around to park in front of spidercam ready for a fast exit. He has obviously used that spot before IMO. I also wonder if he drove her to the other large park that cars can drive right thru and park anywhere. Why did they concentrate on the park nearby her house?
He may have seen her before parking but there's no reason for him to be that side of Haworth unless he actually parked his car in the roads where he offends and was on his way there for a late night wank?

I think that's risky. DNA won't lead police to you but number plates will. But who knows with him.

In my opinion that would be a very good starting spot for offences that occurred off Beverley road. A good point to wait for students. As well as the fact there was student night at the Welly there was a student pub almoist on the corner on Cottingham road. Students would set off down Haworth to get to homes off Beverley Road. And of course everything studenty in Newlands Avenue.

In addition a lot of final years were finishing dissertations. Staying in the library very late. Again the uni is on Cottingham. Or students on their way back from the SU.

Against that is the stuff dumped by the junction, the lipgloss, screwdriver and hammer which police said were from a different crime. Could have been driving there to dump them after a different crime

And the time - too early to catch students from the club but possibly the pub?

I agree he I think he must have known that road well. Nice dark corner.

But whether he started there or saw her and parked there remains a mystery. And of course there is always the chance someone else told him she was there.

All just my opinions. Nothing concrete to base them on.

I agree with you. And I've also wondered why the police weren't interested in Pearson Park (I think that's what it's called) which is between Libby's bench and the Welly and seems to be known for all kinds of dodgy activity. I guess they were following where the evidence led.

Just out of interest have any of you guys ever seen anyone walking around in public wearing a full balaclava?

Just because some people on here seem to think that's normal but I have never, ever seen a person walking round wearing one?

I'm in the north east so I suppose it's not cold enough for people to wear them.

"PaddyOreally? said:

I remember posting that! It was before I knew the rules about mentioning things that have been seen on social media!
It was mentioned on local hull news website though. I'll have a look for it later!

Just out of interest have any of you guys ever seen anyone walking around in public wearing a full balaclava?
Just because some people on here seem to think that's normal but I have never, ever seen a person walking round wearing one?
I don't know about walking around, but riding a bike, motorcycle, horse, yes I have certainly seen people wear them when it's very cold.

I'm in the north east so I suppose it's not cold enough for people to wear them
d050.gif

I'm in the north east so I suppose it's not cold enough for people to wear them.
I've never seen anyone wearing a balaclava either

Only on the news at IRA funerals . Or the SAS going into that embassy in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam