Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that her age is part of this as well if she has gone of her own accord. The age for the highest rate of suicide in women is 50-54 followed by 45-49 and the reason is the menopause and the mental health changes it brings. I am 50 and going through it now and have never had mental health problems and right now am feeling depressed and anxious and sometimes it’s out of control. People just underestimate what these hormone changes can do mentally as well as physically.
This is spot on. I’m sorry you are feeling like this but I fully understand because I am 49 and going through the menopause and I have never had anxiety and depression before and now I feel like I have lost myself and I am totally out of control due to my horrific hormones. Some women breeze through it without symptoms and some just have hot flushes , it sounds like you are like me, sufferers of the majority of menopausal symptoms and it truly sucks . There are days when I feel like if I didn’t have children to get up for, I would just walk away, disappear. Lyndsey - please go home if you are able. There is help out there, presuming it’s about depression and menopausal issues and I and I’m sure other sufferers would talk with you and help you and each other through it . God bless you and the same to you too Sally4x

Police update form few mins ago -
Discovery at Accrington Cemetery - update

Following a discovery at Accrington Cemetery on the evening of Saturday, August 24th we can now sadly confirm that the find is that of the body of a woman.

Police were called at shortly before 8pm on Saturday, August 24th to a report by a member of the public of the find in an area of Accrington Cemetery, Burnley Road.

A lengthy and detailed examination of the scene has been carried out through the day by forensic experts.

We are not in a position to confirm the woman’s identity at this stage and while the family of missing teaching assistant Lindsay Birbeck have been told of this latest development we would ask once again that people do not speculate on social media as this could cause the family additional distress.

A Home Office post mortem examination will now be carried out to try to establish the cause of death.

Enquiries are continuing and we will continue to update you when we can.

I agree unless it was buried and has now been disturbed by a fox perhaps?

It's possible, an animal of some sort could have dug something up.

Also, the cemetery is open at all times:

ACCRINGTON CEMETERY

About Accrington Cemetery

Accrington Cemetery is located on Burnley Road (BB5 6HA) and is the largest and oldest cemetery in Hyndburn, dating back to 1864. To date there have been over 61,450 interments carried out.

Cemetery and Crematorium office

The Cemetery and Crematorium office is situated at the main entrance to the cemetery and is open during weekdays. The cemetery itself is open at all times.

Following a discovery at Accrington Cemetery on the evening of Saturday, August 24th we can now sadly confirm that the find is that of the body of a woman.

Police were called at shortly before 8pm on Saturday, August 24th to a report by a member of the public of the find in an area of Accrington Cemetery, Burnley Road.

A lengthy and detailed examination of the scene has been carried out through the day by forensic experts.

We are not in a position to confirm the woman’s identity at this stage and while the family of missing teaching assistant Lindsay Birbeck have been told of this latest development we would ask once again that people do not speculate on social media as this could cause the family additional distress.

A Home Office post mortem examination will now be carried out to try to establish the cause of death.

Thank you for posting the update. It does seem likely this will be Lindsay IMO. V sad not just for family but the community who have been so behind finding her

Updates: Police close Accrington Cemetery

Such sad news - heartbreaking really.

If this is indeed Lindsay's body, LE has a lot of explaining to do.
Regardless of whether the body is Lindsay's, it's still definitely a body; the police have been searching that cemetery since her disappearance and surely other members of the public have visited the cemetery since last week. IMHO the body is highly likely to be poor Lindsay and unfortunately my thoughts on the circumstances of her death are shifting to involving foul play. Either the body hasn't been there since last Monday or, as you say, LE have some explaining to do about why they didn't find her sooner.

Whether or not the body is Lindsay, my thoughts and sympathies go out to the woman's family. :(

Until the police give an update it's difficult to say exactly was has happened here.

However, if it does involve foul play then Accrington has a murderer in it's midst.

Yes, you can take your own life but you can't obscure or bury yourself afterwards. Condolences to her family if it is indeed her. And condolences to the loved ones of the woman nonetheless.

Until the police give an update it's difficult to say exactly was has happened here.

However, if it does involve foul play then Accrington has a murderer in it's midst.
I think given previous reports stating the body was concealed, it's a fair conclusion that murder is afoot and the residents of Accrington should be alarmed indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304