Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police were called at shortly before 8pm yesterday evening (Saturday, August 24th) to a report by a member of the public of an unidentified object in an area of Accrington Cemetery, Burnley Road.

Officers attended the scene and there is a concern this could be the body of a person. An examination of the scene is on-going but at this stage it is too early to say exactly what the object is or how long it may have been there.
This early statement has me head-scratching.

Just a 'general' question, if the poor lady had been kept in a property or vehicle and later hidden in the cemetery, would this be classed as an organised killer? As opposed to a disorganised one

Just a 'general' question, if the poor lady had been kept in a property or vehicle and later hidden in the cemetery, would this be classed as an organised killer? As opposed to a disorganised one
I don't know. But, I will say keeping a body in a property or vehicle for two weeks then depositing it right smack in the middle of an ongoing search location would require some major cajones.

It’s crazy because she disappeared in daylight just walking on a street with people around! I wonder if she went to the cemetery to meet someone.

I think the police have always thought that Lindsay disappeared in the cemetery or the coppice area simply because there is no other sighting of her after the Burnley Road one at 4.06. If she had continued on the Burnley Road then she would have appeared on more footage.

So did she enter the cemetery, or did she walk up Peel Park Avenue to the coppice? Or perhaps someone picked her up in a car on the Burnley Road just after she was last seen on CCTV?

I think so but would you refer to it as an object? That makes me think that the body had been hidden and only part of it was showing.
This is the first time I have ever heard of a body or human remains referred to as an "object". Still trying to wrap my head around what that possibly could have meant.

Edited to add: Maybe the "object" was a phone or shoe or jacket or some such and further intrusion by LE into the brush/trees revealed the human remains...?

Last edited:
It’s now reported the object found is a female body
Apologies in advance for graphic post. But if they had found a body part, say a leg, would they then announce discovery of a body? Or would body imply they had found all of the lady? Also does the ID announcement seem to be taking a long time to you? Asking based on your LE experience thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member