MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
hansonwoman-1565620431.jpg

Hanson police are searching for a missing woman who was last heard from on Wednesday.

Sandra Crispo, 54, is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and has blue eyes and brown hair.

Police said Crispo has ties to the Quincy area.

The Hanson Police Department said it has no reason to believe any foul play is involved.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 781-293-4625.

Hanson police searching for missing woman

AUG 11, 2019
Police are searching for a missing Hanson woman | Boston.com
[...]

Crispo was least heard from on Wednesday, Aug. 7, and lives on Spofford Avenue, a release from the Hanson Police Department said.

A Facebook post from a woman who identified herself as Crispo’s daughter said Crispo moved to Hanson about three months ago from the Quincy area.

[...]

Hanson Police Department (Facebook)

67932541_2381115618668345_5993419526316752896_n.jpg

• Reported as missing by family from Hanson.
  • Last contact was with family on Wednesday August 7th.
  • She has previous ties to Quincy.
Hanson Police Dept. on Twitter

If you do a FB search, "Sandra Crispo missing," there are multiple posts from friends and family (including her son and daughter) about Sandra being missing, in addition to the HPD and media posts. At this time, there are over 500 comments on all of the posts, and 6,000 shares. I read through all of the comments. People are very concerned, and LE is taking this case very seriously.

Google map of Sandra's current town of Hanson, MA to the town where she has ties, Quincy, MA:

upload_2019-8-13_21-56-42.png
Google Maps

Last edited:
NamUs #MP59450
Sandra E Crispo
Original

Demographics
Missing Age: 54 Years
Current Age: 54 Years
First Name: Sandra
Middle Name:E
Last Name: Crispo

Sex: Female
Height: 5' 6" - 5' 7" (66 - 67 Inches)
Weight: 125 - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: August 9, 2019
NamUs Case Created: August 15, 2019
Last Known Location Map
County: Plymouth County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Crispo was last seen on Wednesday afternoon 08/09/19 when she was dropped off at her residence in Hanson. Crispo spoke with her family later that evening via home phone. Family members tried calling Crispo several times on Thursday and could never reach her. When Crispo never showed up on Friday (08/09/19) to watch the grandchildren, family members checked the residence. After not being home, not having transportation, and never returning any of their telephone calls...family members came into the Hanson Police Department to report Crispo missing. Crispo has neither a cellular phone nor any social media accounts. Crispo's only form of communication between family was through her land-line telephone. Numerous area checks (including the residence) were conducted with no results. Family members were notified and statements were taken. A check of Crispo's telephone and bank records was conducted with no additional information obtained. There is an open and active investigation with the report number of: 19-420-OF. A reverse 911 call was sent out to all surrounding residents and numerous posts were issued on social media. The Hanson Police department continues to actively search for any helpful information relating to the disappearance of Sandra E. Crispo. For additional information relating to this report, please contact the Hanson Police Department (781) 293-4625. (Sgt. Peter F. Calogero)

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Dark shoulder length hair with bangs
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hanson woman with Quincy ties missing
HANSON — Police on Sunday were searching for a 54-year-old Hanson woman with ties to Quincy who had been reported missing.

Police said that Sandra Crispo of Spofford Avenue was last heard from on Wednesday, Aug. 7. She is described as a 5-foot-9 white woman with blue eyes and brown hair, according to police.

Hanson police said that foul play is not suspected and the case remains an active investigation.

Police are asking anyone who sees a person matching Crispo’s description, or who has any information as to her whereabouts, to contact the Hanson Police Department at 781-293-4625.

Some details from this article:
  • Sandra was last seen at her home on Spofford Ave. Wed, Aug. 7 about 5 p.m., when a family member gave her ride. Sandra had just dropped her car off with a mechanic.
  • No one heard from her on Thurs.
  • Fri. a.m. when her daughter dropped by, she saw all the lights on in the house, the back door open, and her dog inside without food or water.
  • Since then, police have conducted seven searches.
  • She was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and pink, 3/4-length sweat pants, and slip-on shoes.

It doesn't seem, per the video and article, that anything in the house was out of place...such as showing signs of a struggle or anything like that. The video says she was seen when she had stopped by the nearby convenience store earlier Thursday and that Thurs. about 5 pm a family member dropped her off at her home. I wonder if she had been stalked and someone was waiting for her inside her home. Just odd and little to go on given she has no cell phone nor social media accounts.

So the absolute last contact was sometime Wednesday evening in a call from her home.

"lights on, a/c on." So she could have left Wednesday night after the phone call, after dark, but still hot enough to leave the a/c on.

A friend of mine lives in that area and has been posting about the search on Facebook. Doesn't sound like there's been any progress.

I am wondering if she usually parks her car outside. Since her car was with the mechanic, perhaps someone thought no one was home? Good time for a burglary and then found out she was home? Just pondering aloud...wish we had more information. MOO

Just conjecturing, but since nothing was really disturbed, I'm wondering if someone she knew stopped by with a "let's go get an ice cream" and she hopped in their car, expecting to be back in just a few minutes. That would explain leaving the lights, a/c on, etc.

I've heard no mention of neighbors. Were there no neighbors to ask about noise/activity?

Police Looking For Information After Hanson Grandmother ‘Vanished’ Weeks Ago

August 26, 2019

[...]

“She’s probably the happiest I’ve ever seen her. She made a room for the boys. She decorated it. She loved having them over. Every day she would look forward to her grandchildren,” said Crispo’s daughter, Laina McMahon.

Beside McMahon and her husband, Crispo is a primary caregiver for her three grandsons.

[...]

Crispo was driven home by a relative while her car was in the shop on Wednesday, August 7. Her daughter called but couldn’t get in touch with her that Thursday. She found her home empty Friday.

“I pulled up to her house. We looked in her front window and all the lights were on. The dog had been there, he didn’t have any food, didn’t have any water. The back door was unlocked and there was no sign of her,” she said.

Crispo does not have a cell phone or computer. Her daughter said she has no health issues and is single.

Police Looking For Information After Hanson Grandmother 'Vanished' Weeks Ago

I wonder if she always left her backdoor unlocked or if that was unusual? No food or water for the doggie is bad news... MOO. :(

I live in a nearby town and am watching this case. It’s very strange. A couple of things:

The phone call someone supposedly had with her on Wednesday after she returned from dropping her car at the mechanic (call is referenced upthread) is not reported in many of the articles. To me this makes a difference: if no Wednesday phone call took place, someone could have been waiting for her in the house when she arrived home (which relative drove her?). If there was a phone call, it moves the timeline later. But: the houses where she lives are very small and close together, and there are no signs of a struggle. It seems unlikely that she was taken out by force and no one saw or heard anything.

Also, one of the articles said she moved from Quincy (a larger, more urban town about 20 minutes away) only a few months before. I can’t help considering the possibility that someone from her life there resurfaced, perhaps someone her family doesn’t know about. If she went off with someone for a drive, it would explain her leaving the house open and the dog.

HPD says they don’t have any reason to suspect foul play. I assume this is because there were no signs that she was taken by force and no one reported anything amiss, and they can’t find any suspicious activity in her past or with her associates. This doesn’t mean that there wasn’t foul play, of course. To me is seems unlikely that she would go off somewhere alone to hurt herself or do drugs (and no money has left her account). And no signs that she had dementia, or it’s unlikely that she would have been a caregiver for her daughter’s kids. Very odd!!

no signs of foul play can mean many things, as we've learned in cases like the Kelsey Berreth case. Nothing obvious happened at her house- no blood, no other body fluids, no upturned chairs or signs of a struggle, no sign of a forced entry- to which LE would state this because technically, it's true, until more evidence comes in.

We've seen on many cases here where that changes.

I also hate to bring this up and right now, this is not my opinion, but just another angle- she could have done self harm. She might have known that someone would come by the house within a day or two to take care of the dog, or if she was in bad shape mentally, she wouldn't think to leave out food or water for the dog. Many people assume that the person would never leave their animals without the basics, but again, we've seen it happen where they do. I don't believe this is the case here, but it's an angle we can't rule out yet, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77