Resolved NY - Kings Co, Jamaica Bay, UnsFem 23-33, UP15911, tattoos, breast implants, Sep'16 - N/A

I wonder how this so called "deviant crowd" is reacting on a real dead girl's body. Sorry, I've seen a lot and I can appreciate art in all his forms, also the somewhat stranger things....but really... I think this girl/woman was at least a follower, maybe even a model.

I wonder if they even know she is gone. So many people just know each other from online and don't even know each other in person. Also so many kids now have tattoos and look like that. I think it's more common these days, than when we were growing up. ( I'm assuming we are around the same age hehehe!)

Last edited:
She was active on Instagram in December 2016, so probably not our UID unless someone was posting for her. It looks like she saw her family for Christmas 2016 so that missing info might be out of date.

Edit: found her Facebook. Looks like she's not missing! She posted earlier this year.
Oops ok Never Mind on Krystal!!!!! Thanks for finding her info!!

Could the girl be Kalie?
She looks similar to me to the goth girl in the photo thatvUnñicenced PI posted earlier on this thread. Don't know if Kalie is around Either.? Glad to AT least there is activityon this thread. I wonder now if they found the mandible will they ever release a sketch??

Jawbone discovered in Floyd Bennett Field linked to dead body found three years ago

bn-jaw-found-jamaica-bay-2017-08-09-bk01_sl.jpg

A volunteer cleanup crew discovered a human jawbone while bagging garbage in Floyd Bennett Field earlier this year, which the city’s Chief Medical Examiner recently tied to a decomposing body recovered from the park on Jamaica Bay in 2016.

The members of a South Carolina-based environmental group were picking up garbage and flotsam that had washed up over by the Raptor Point area of the national park in May when one member spotted the mandible at the water’s edge during low tide, according to the group’s chief do-gooder.

“It was at the edge of the water, and it was just sitting there,” said Rudy Socha, chief executive officer of Wounded Nature. “There was no dirt on it, no mud — nothing.”

Police collected the jaw bone and handed the appendage off to the Medical Examiner’s Office, which ran DNA tests that concluded earlier this week that the mandible belonged to a woman, whose badly decomposing body was discovered along the coast of Jamaica Bay nearly three years ago, a spokeswoman for the Medical Examiner’s office confirmed.

The woman’s fingers were too rotten to obtain usable fingerprints, but police attempted to use her distinctive tattoos that were still visible, including a panther with claws on her lower abdomen, lips with a hypodermic needle piercing them on the back of her left shoulder, and a large, black cross on her right ring figure, to identify the body.

Jawbone discovered in Floyd Bennett Field linked to dead body found three years ago - QNS.com
Charleston-based nonprofit discovers human jawbone in New York coastal cleanup

To add: At least this now explains why there was never sketch made for this Jane Doe. Not all parts of her head were recovered when she was initially found. Really sad and gruesome.

The article mentions her fingers were too Rotten to get prints.. does anyone have any idea about how long it takes for fingers to rot in water?

I wonder how much media exposure they gave this girl on the news when she was found and if they made fliers and hung them around as they have when some people here in the city have gone missing. ( or maybe it's family and friends that hang up the fliers I don't know)

Just adding some more possibilities. This girl looks like she has a nose ring in the photo. http://www.missingin.org/reg10769/alexys_joanann_henbury.

Alexys Joanann Henbury Went Missing In Springfield Township Michigan in October 2015
NAT_30617_1.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

NAT_30617_2.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

Missing
Last seen alive: October 11, 2015

Circumstances: Was reportedly in Detroit to visit friends.
First Name: Alexys Joanann
Middle Name: Joanann
Last Name: Henbury
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 24
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 62.0
Weight: 120.0
State: Michigan
County: Oakland
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eye: Blue
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Focus
Year: 2015
Style: Sedan
Vehicle Color: White
Tag Number: DHE0978

Run a Free Background Check On Alexys Joanann Henbury

Just adding some more possibilities. This girl looks like she has a nose ring in the photo. http://www.missingin.org/reg10769/alexys_joanann_henbury.

Alexys Joanann Henbury Went Missing In Springfield Township Michigan in October 2015
NAT_30617_1.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

NAT_30617_2.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

Missing
Last seen alive: October 11, 2015

Circumstances: Was reportedly in Detroit to visit friends.
First Name: Alexys Joanann
Middle Name: Joanann
Last Name: Henbury
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 24
Height: 62.0
Weight: 120.0
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eye: Blue
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Focus
Year: 2015
Style: Sedan
Vehicle Color: White
Tag Number: DHE0978

Run a Free Background Check On Alexys Joanann Henbury
She's active on Facebook too! Either some families forgot to cancel/check in when their loved ones returned or some sites are out of date.

She's active on Facebook too! Either some families forgot to cancel/check in when their loved ones returned or some sites are out of date.

Oh dear!!! IAM doing pretty bad here! Thanks Unlicenced PI for checking!!

Ok maaaaybe this girl her height off by couple of inches but she had colored her hair Orange and previously had it black.. does not mentiontats but anything can happen from Jan 2016 to Sept 2016

Ljindita Hodzic - Michigan Missing Person Directory

NAT_32444_1.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

Missing
Last seen alive: January 31, 2016

Circumstances: Left Home on foot
First Name: Ljindita
Last Name: Hodzic
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 15
Ethnicity: Other
Height: 66.0
Weight: 125.0
Zip: 48336
Appearance
Hair: Orange
Head Hair: Recently died from black - Long curly
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Mole on right chin
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Run a Free Background Check On Ljindita Hodzic

Ok maaaaybe this girl her height off by couple of inches but she had colored her hair Orange and previously had it black.. does not mentiontats but anything can happen from Jan 2016 to Sept 2016

Ljindita Hodzic - Michigan Missing Person Directory

NAT_32444_1.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

Missing
Last seen alive: January 31, 2016

Circumstances: Left Home on foot
First Name: Ljindita
Last Name: Hodzic
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 15
Ethnicity: Other
Height: 66.0
Weight: 125.0
Zip: 48336
Appearance
Hair: Orange
Head Hair: Recently died from black - Long curly
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Mole on right chin
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Run a Free Background Check On Ljindita Hodzic
Alive and well!

Also, you're doing great!! These are good suggestions, keep going! I'm relieved these girls aren't missing anymore :)

here is another one Kalei Plemons missing from 2014

87d280daeb742c8bf69ab70036562268.jpg
How about Kalei Plemons? I posted her a while back but she really reminds me of the girl you had posted from that Goth page.. Thank you Unlicenced PI!

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, as someone who has many tattoos and has always had a fascination with them. The panther honestly is a very generic tattoo that I feel I've seen in tattoo shops as 'stock' ideas. It doesn't look very detailed or from any particular style. Maybe someone just starting out in the tattoo business? The tongue/needle one reads the same to me.

My ex was a 'aspiring' tattoo artist and used to tattoo friends and such at his house, including my first 2 tattoos. I later went to a shop for a few and am currently researching different tattoo artists in my area for my next piece(s). The home tattoos were honestly stock stuff or things found online, but at the end of the day, you still need some artistic touch to make it look decent. As artists tattoo more, they start figuring out their style and it becomes more distinctive. The cross could be religious or cultural, but it could also just be a fad.

The only tattoo that really stands out to me is the corset. It looked a little better well done and the ink darker and possibly fresher and done in a more professional setting.

I honestly think that it might not be a terrible idea to get information about her tattoos out to local bars/clubs/gentlemen's clubs to see if anyone recalls those tattoos. If she were a dancer, bar tender/server or even someone who went out in the local scene - maybe someone would remember the tattoos.

Maybe I missed something but namus lists her as 5'4 and 95 pounds which would make her underweight with a bmi of 16.1. Was there any evidence of drug abuse other than the tattoo? Or anorexia, homeless, or just someone with a small frame?

Maybe I missed something but namus lists her as 5'4 and 95 pounds which would make her underweight with a bmi of 16.1. Was there any evidence of drug abuse other than the tattoo? Or anorexia, homeless, or just someone with a small frame?

I do not recall anywhere that she was suspected of drug use. While the needle is concerning and could be a flag for drug use, I would venture it's more just because it was a 'cool' image OR perhaps they were into vampires or something? MOO I have known many drug addicts in my days and can't recall a single one that would tattoo something like that or have the money to get a tattoo due to their drug use. This also could point in the direction of a home-based tattoo artist/beginning artist that would probably not be as expensive as an established artist with a style/regular clients.

Not to be too graphic but in my humble opinion her low weight is due to high decomposition when found and also due not all of her body parts being recovered... They have weighted what they found of her.

Only now we know that her mandible was found only few weeks ago, so when found she could have been quite decomposed with jaw already desintigrated from skull in the water or her whole head was missing. But then again police state that she had long blond hair - so it might be natural decomposition with parts missing rather then decapitation. Police at that time also stated they have recovered only one breast (implant).

All this, state of her body when found is a bit mind boggling - or high decomposition with some parts of the body being submerged in the water and some not (still visible tattoos but some body parts already missing) or she was mutilated. So far I lean on first, being partialy in water in hot summer months (July, August).

Cause of death was never released so we can't rule out some kind of accident but neither muder. Drug use can't be rule out either.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, as someone who has many tattoos and has always had a fascination with them. The panther honestly is a very generic tattoo that I feel I've seen in tattoo shops as 'stock' ideas. It doesn't look very detailed or from any particular style. Maybe someone just starting out in the tattoo business? The tongue/needle one reads the same to me.

My ex was a 'aspiring' tattoo artist and used to tattoo friends and such at his house, including my first 2 tattoos. I later went to a shop for a few and am currently researching different tattoo artists in my area for my next piece(s). The home tattoos were honestly stock stuff or things found online, but at the end of the day, you still need some artistic touch to make it look decent. As artists tattoo more, they start figuring out their style and it becomes more distinctive. The cross could be religious or cultural, but it could also just be a fad.

The only tattoo that really stands out to me is the corset. It looked a little better well done and the ink darker and possibly fresher and done in a more professional setting.

I honestly think that it might not be a terrible idea to get information about her tattoos out to local bars/clubs/gentlemen's clubs to see if anyone recalls those tattoos. If she were a dancer, bar tender/server or even someone who went out in the local scene - maybe someone would remember the tattoos.

Thank you for this Nancy.

As someone who used to like corsets that tattoo did stand out to me too. It is Not something tattood often or get by many and it might say a lot about her personality, likes and even life style. I was thinking too about goth or someone who liked burlesque.

Add to that black widow tattoo on her breast and breast implants and you get somewhat mental image of her persona.

One good thing is those tattoos are unique and point to certain communites. Her corset tattoo is quite big and people who knew her would definitely know about it.

Downside is she was found in New York, where million people and tourists migrate in and out everyday. She could be from anywhere and those who worked there 2 years ago might be long gone too. Best chance is to search and appeal through those "special" communities - goth, burlesque, dancers, tattoo artists etc

Thank you for this Nancy.

As someone who used to like corsets that tattoo did stand out to me too. It is Not something tattood often or get by many and it might say a lot about her personality, likes and even life style. I was thinking too about goth or someone who liked burlesque.

Add to that black widow tattoo on her breast and breast implants and you get somewhat mental image of her persona.

One good thing is those tattoos are unique and point to certain communites. Her corset tattoo is quite big and people who knew her would definitely know about it.

Downside is she was found in New York, where million people and tourists migrate in and out everyday. She could be from anywhere and those who worked there 2 years ago might be long gone too. Best chance is to search and appeal through those "special" communities - goth, burlesque, dancers, tattoo artists etc

My biggest worry - she was found in NY and unfortunately, I see way too many similar cases here that have been unsolved/unidentified. :( I have hope that with persistence, we will give her her name back.

Sadly I don't think she has been in the news much. I don't recall her even the first time around she was in the news and the tattoos images were published by the news stations. I was looking again this time when they found the mandible. Articles were published here and there but again nothing with images that will catch the públic eye and attention. It's sad how many people found unidentified and how many DONT even make the news.

AND as for the tattoos YES they do look like they were done by someone starting out and the black panther looks like it was a cover up for something else.. just my opinion. For some reason I thought the original images were posted on this thread but I could not find them.

I too believe she has to be known. But maybe just a transplanted New Yorker that did not really have roots here so she was not really known. There has been such an influx of people here in the last 10 years I barely know all my own neighbors and we were a block that we all knew each other. .

. I wonder if she floated from New Jersey or even Staten Island. I am assuming she was thrown in the water in July or August. I wonder if the body got stuck somewhere for a while and eventually dislodged and ended up in Brooklyn. The possibilities are endless and sad. Ugh

Jawbone discovered in Floyd Bennett Field linked to dead body found three years ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back