Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Mr Chapman is supposed to be a reliable, credible person. Why on earth would a reliable, credible (presumably sensible) person delay in providing potentially useful info to the police?
Hmmmm, when did the reward money come into play

I know it was later but just a thought

Hmmmm, when did the reward money come into play

I know it was later but just a thought

Sept 2016.

EDITED TO ADD: So to confirm, did Chapman say at the inquest he didn't come forward until a family member encouraged him to, then it has come out that LE heard about his sighting via a friend of a friend of a friend?

That could be viewed as inconsistent. Was it proactive on his part but late, or was he prompted by LE?

Det Sgt Laura Beacroft, who joined the investigation in September 2015.........................

Beacroft told the inquest she did not believe Chapman had made up what he had seen from outside his Laurel Street home the morning of 12 September.
Neither car had been identified during the investigation, the inquest was told.

Doubt over William Tyrrell foster mother's claim two cars seen in street

Anyone have a pale, blonde women who was in their late 20's or early 30's at the time, on their radar?

I have read real cases where women have been involved in procuring children for pedos.
Those women generally are pretty cashed up though, and I would imagine they drive vehicles that are not boxy-looking, beat up, fawn coloured 4WDs.
The children are typically a little older, as well. And are procured in denser population areas - which I imagine might be better for anonymity and easier mingling into a crowd.

I cannot believe he did not come forward straight away if he was 100% sure it was William. If he was unsure, then I could understand not coming forward immediately, but he was 100%. I just do not understand people.

Dean Pollard did come forward very early believing he was 100% sure he saw BS van or a van like BS's.

I cannot believe he did not come forward straight away if he was 100% sure it was William. If he was unsure, then I could understand not coming forward immediately, but he was 100%. I just do not understand people.
The 100% sure is suspicious to me. A reliable witness would have said, it looked a lot like William and under the circumstances he believed that it was. I wonder if there was a child in the car at all, or just some sort of outfit hanging up.

Ok, humour me for a moment.

If the tennis club CCTV was secured quickly enough to get footage from the day WT disappeared, then there's a chance LE already knew about the 2 cars.

Let's say it's several weeks later (or March 2015 - whatever is correct) and LE hears of Chapman's detailed sighting of the cars. EDITED TO ADD: Chapman apparently told local police officer's SIL night of WT disappearance but LE didn't follow it up til Mar 2015 - recorded interview in 2017. LE likely didn't have Chapman's details til Mar 2015.

There's a chance that:
1) What was on CCTV has been corroborated by Chapman's detailed info.
2) No cars appeared on the CCTV to corroborate Chapman's sighting.

Beacroft has said in the inquest that she believes Chapman is a trustworthy witness - read into that what you will. But the inquest hasn't mentioned tennis club CCTV. Either that's a strategic move, nothing appeared in the footage, or they got the footage too late...

Interesting to ponder!

Drip feeding comes to mind...a card face down on the table...I personally believe only limited info is being released publicly in the inquest, to progress the purpose of the inquest only and no more. It's so intriguing.

IMO

Last edited:

If the tennis club CCTV was secured quickly enough to get footage from the day WT disappeared, then there's a chance LE already knew about the 2 cars.

Let's say it's several weeks later (or March 2015 - whatever is correct) and LE hears of Chapman's detailed sighting of the cars.

There's a chance that:

Beacroft has said in the inquest that she believes Chapman is a trustworthy witness - read into that what you will. But the inquest hasn't mentioned tennis club CCTV. Either that's a strategic move, nothing appeared in the footage, or they got the footage too late...

Interesting to ponder!

Drip feeding comes to mind...a card face down on the table...I personally believe only limited info is being released publicly in the inquest, to progress the purpose of the inquest only and no more. It's so intriguing.

IMO

If there is any chance this will go to trial. Is it not best to keep a few thing tucked away for later use.

Let's say it's several weeks later (or March 2015 - whatever is correct) and LE hears of Chapman's detailed sighting of the cars.

There's a chance that:

Interesting to ponder!

IMO
Wasn't it mentioned that the tennis club footage was unclear? Not sure if that came from the inquest or an article. I will have a look back.

IMO

I think that the tennis club CCTV is not being (publicly) mentioned because it would fall into the category of "police methodology".

Completely agree that police brief info is being withheld by the Coroner - perhaps from many/all people - which she is allowed to do in the interest of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam