CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fictionisbetter

Reaction score
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."

Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 -
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
Thread #6 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6
Thread #7 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all new to me..
Looking at their member list I found 2 people who live in the area we want searched and I will call both of them. I called the owner of SWARM this morning.. I have no experience with this Drone myself but I have purchased one and I am practicing with it each night when I get home. I would prefer experienced operators. So it takes time to get volunteers to come together unless it is a LE request. He told me about custom software designed by one of his volunteers they use on any video taken, even by the helicopter used by SAR group who has already searched. So if allowed by the sheriff he could start with that. Other then that the request is on their web site and on their Facebook page.. This is where we begin..

Thank you! She may not be easy to spot but her red and white cap/hat might be.

Being a photographer enthusiast, I must reveal this: the EXIF data of an image file (photograph) may be edited to change the date and time that shows 'when' a photograph was taken. It isn't difficult. In fact, it's quite easy. That someone appears in a photograph does not necessarily prove that that someone was at the location shown in the photograph on the date/time recorded in the EXIF metadata.

Gas station. Ice. Assist in/out truck. Photograph(s). Walk ahead. Beer.

A jigsaw puzzle with blurred edges................
Yes, I can verify that. It's very simple. It can be done before or after - change the time and date on camera before or change data afterwards.

There are forensics that can narrow the time and date, if not determine the exact time and date. Without a forensic investigation, one would not be able to definitively state the time and date.

Yes, I can verify that. It's very simple. It can be done before or after - change the time and date on camera before or change data afterwards.

There are forensics that can narrow the time and date, if not determine the exact time and date. Without a forensic investigation, one would not be able to definitively state the time and date.

If all else fails, they could always go the “position of the sun route.”

I cited a case a few threads ago where a guy created an alibi by filming himself fishing.

NASA experts were able to determine that the time stamp on the video was wrong, based on the position of the sun.

That type of thing could solve any time issue here.

Thank you! She may not be easy to spot but her red and white cap/hat might be.
Or that container she was holding .. You are correct .. At this moment that is what we are seeking to find with a Drone search of the possible walking path from start of the location that RT lost sight of his wife and beyond. in both directions to the Location of the 5th wheel trailer connected to the Ford F Model .. And other scenario that could have happened..

Last edited:
Or that container she was holding .. You are correct .. At this moment that is what we are seeking to find with a Drone search of the possible walking path and byond in both directions to the MH location
If she even had a hat on or a container or even made it to the location. Still waiting for more verification than RT.

If all else fails, they could always go the “position of the sun route.”

I cited a case a few threads ago where a guy created an alibi by filming himself fishing.

NASA experts were able to determine that the time stamp on the video was wrong, based on the position of the sun.

That type of thing could solve any time issue here.

(I remember that Forensic Files. I’ve been dying to bring it up here, glad you mentioned it. I can still see that goofy fishing video in my head.)

Last edited:
The luckiest abductor ever, who came upon the perfect victim, at the perfect time.

He also wasn’t spotted, and managed to get Barb to disappear without a trace.

Naw. She’s dead in the desert, or her body is hidden in another location.

I’m leaning towards the latter, and it’s not even close.

@MassGuy, meet Facetious! ;-)

This is the only scenario where I think abduction could have happened. She ended up down the road, out of sight and accepted a ride.

I am puzzled on this one.

On the one hand it is very common to get lost, even in the desert, and its extremely difficult to find lost people.

On the other hand its should have been easy for her to find her way back to the RV.

There are lots of unknown here, no data from LE, no hard-digital data we have seen. The only thing we have is a statement from her husband and so we are limited to parsing his every word to look for inconsistencies.

I don't agree that his actions are too far out of the ordinary considering the circumstances.

I am surprised that if there was foul-play that LE hasn't acted in some visible way yet. They have had time to uncover digital inconsistencies (phone, gps, camera metadata, credit cards, video).

Thanks for posting this, you make some good points

The luckiest abductor ever, who came upon the perfect victim, at the perfect time.

I agree that it is highly unlikely an abductor appeared but it is, of course, possible. Stranger things have happened. But the simplest answer, in my opinion, is this did not happen.

Best post ever on this thread.

Its really not a lot of unaccounted-for time to hide a body.

Assume for a moment that LE has pictures of her at the site (reported by our VI and also the fact that LE searched for 9 days for some reason). So she was there in the morning (at least) after they got ice, after dropping off the dog etc...

If RT perpetrated a crime then he had to leave, and then be back at the location on Kelbacker rd. when he called the police from his phone... Because if he called from anywhere else LE would nail him in short order. He couldn't call LE from the Kelbacker site and then leave to hide something because he would have no idea what the response time would be. Imagine if LE showed up and you weren't there.

How much time would he actually have?

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

@MassGuy - can you expand your theory a little? I think the 'where' would be somewhere in the desert, but, would the location need to be accessible by vehicle or at least near to where a vehicle can be parked. A dead body would be hard work to move, especially in the heat, yes? Likewise, digging a grave would also be difficult in that heat? So, on this basis, where would be a good place to hide a body, that is accessible to a vehicle.

I am sure that you have already a scenario in your head, would be grateful for you to share!

Its really not a lot of unaccounted-for time to hide a body.

Assume for a moment that LE has pictures of her at the site (reported by our VI and also the fact that LE searched for 9 days for some reason). So she was there in the morning (at least) after they got ice, after dropping off the dog etc...

If RT perpetrated a crime then he had to leave, and then be back at the location on Kelbacker rd. when he called the police from his phone... Because if he called from anywhere else LE would nail him in short order. He couldn't call LE from the Kelbacker site and then leave to hide something because he would have no idea what the response time would be. Imagine if LE showed up and you weren't there.

How much time would he actually have?
I'm not sure either. I would like @dbdb11 to confirm that LE have in fact got verified time stamped photos of that afternoon. I ask as I believe that original post that stated a time of 2pm has been deleted).

I suppose you could go out to that site with your wife, take some photos with a camera set to the wrong date (a date you plan in advance) and then later go back to that site after committing a crime on that pre-planned date; thus establishing a false timeline.

The more complicated it gets the less likely it seems to me.

Wouldn't a divorce have been so much easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken