Found Deceased MO - Vivian Fitzenrider, 3, Mountain Grove, 27 Aug 2019

Body of missing 3-year-old from Mountain Grove found

This says no foul play is suspected - poor sweet baby.

Interesting, it no longer says that. It now says "An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the child’s death is being conducted by investigators of the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control, the Mountain Grove Police Department, and the Wright County Sheriff’s Department."

She has been identified as Vivian Fitzenrider.

An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the child’s death is being conducted by investigators of the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control, the Mountain Grove Police Department, and the Wright County Sheriff’s Department.

Searchers find body of missing Mountain Grove, Mo. child in nearby pond

Interesting, it no longer says that. It now says "An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the child’s death is being conducted by investigators of the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control, the Mountain Grove Police Department, and the Wright County Sheriff’s Department."

I am guessing just to confirm that she indeed drown.
Ugh, so tragic.
RIP Vivian

I still see the no foul play suspected.

Just 200 yards from her home. RIP little angel.

Just wanted to bump this case. There's nothing in the news after late August. The investigation was apparently still ongoing, but after that, not a word. Yes, it appears to be an accidental drowning, but it would be nice to have some closure from the authorities. I can't find anything.

200 yards seems to me like a very long distance for a 3-year old to wander. That's two football fields. Was she given to wandering like this before?

I would like to hear the outcome of this "continuing investigation." What bothers me is I can't find a single word in the news about the conclusions of this investigation. This was late August and we're beginning October now.

"There will be an autopsy performed and also a child fatality review board will look at that," said Sgt. Jeff Kinder of the Missouri Highway Patrol. "We are involved in the investigation now, the Mountain Grove Police Department as well as the Wright County Sheriff's Office. This is a continuing investigation."

An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the child’s death is being conducted by investigators of the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Division of Drug and Crime Control, the Mountain Grove Police Department, and the Wright County Sheriff’s Department. The investigators do not suspect any foul play.

Just some things I found to add to the thread. RIP sweet girl

Incident report
Missouri State Highway Patrol - Boat/Drowning Incident Report Details
DROWNING. NEXT OF KIN NOTIFIED. DROWNING OCCURRED AS VICTIM 1 WANDERED FROM A RESIDENCE AND INTO A PRIVATE POND. SUBJECT WAS SUBMERGED AND LATER LOCATED. PRONOUNCED BY THE WRIGHT COUNTY CORONER BEN HURTT AT 0712 HOURS TROOP G DROWNING #4 FOR 2019

Vivian Rose Fitzenrider Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information
Vivian Rose Fitzenrider was born August 8, 2016 in Houston, Missouri, and passed away August 28, 2019, near her home in Mountain Grove, Missouri. She had just celebrated her 3rd birthday.
Vivian was preceded in death by her biological mother, Rachel Masters

That obituary made me cry so much! Bless that family--so many loved ones left behind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back