Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about not understanding why they'd want the van instead of their own truck. If their truck running poorly had been the only issue the two boys had, and they'd had no intention or inclination to harm/kill anyone, they could have called their parents for help. I'd be willing to bet (just because its what parents do) that their families would gladly have paid for their truck to be towed and repaired. I even think AS would have gone to get the two boys if their truck was inoperable and they were stranded.
Definitely, I think so too.

What was a perfectly good truck and camper became a burned out shell of rubble only seven days later. There had to be some reason for torching it. If they had fled to northern Manitoba in it instead, LD would still be alive.
Things changed after murdering two people. An older pickup with a camper is easier to spot than a vehicle that is more commonly seen on the road.

Does anyone have a link of Trevor Pierre descrption of the state in which he found the victims? I don't seem to find it. Thanks.

I wonder how many people came across the victims' bodies before the police did? Very early on in the investigation someone posted a picture of the two bodies on a FB group. The picture was also posted here. I kinda wish I could unsee it. Thankfully it looks like it's scrubbed from the internet as I've seen no mention of it anywhere.

I don't think vehicle problems were a factor in any way in LF and CD's murders, though it could have been with LD (suspect that was more any vehicle that wasn't tied to them would do, though, than the truck wasn't working).

For a few days after the first murders, Kam and Bryer apparently drove a few hundred miles in that truck. If they were having mechanical issues, I don't think they were having significant problems to put that kind of distance between them and the first crime scene.
Exactly ... I never thought they wanted/needed that van.

Sickening. I wonder what would have happened if BS's various social media accounts would have been reported to authorities?

Edit - in light of some recent local news, I'm gonna guess nothing would have happened, but it could have at least made for an electronic trail of sorts.

Agree. Pretending to masturbate to Hitler on Snapchat is really bizarre behaviour. Geepers.

Things changed after murdering two people. An older pickup with a camper is easier to spot than a vehicle that is more commonly seen on the road.

Perhaps but who knew they were anywhere near Laird the night of the 14th? Had they fled in the truck and camper and texted their family from time to time that all was well, it may have been weeks or months if ever when they were identified as suspects because they wouldn’t have been deemed missing persons. In northern provinces their truck and camper wasn’t quite that distinctive as it’s a common mode of transportation for tourists in the summer. It was the burning of it that immediately brought attention onto them.

I’m hoping forensics will have determined if the van was operative or not and if any fingerprints or DNA put one of them in the driver’s seat.

I wonder how many people came across the victims' bodies before the police did? Very early on in the investigation someone posted a picture of the two bodies on a FB group. The picture was also posted here. I kinda wish I could unsee it. Thankfully it looks like it's scrubbed from the internet as I've seen no mention of it anywhere.

The trucker reportedly stayed on site until the police arrived. I wouldn’t put much reliability on death photos posted on FB. Too many quacks who somehow conjure of photos of dead people to gain lurid attention every time there’s an opportunity. Think of what low level of scruples somebody would have to even take actual photos of death scenes, let alone to post them for others to look at. :(

The trucker reportedly stayed on site until the police arrived. I wouldn’t put much reliability on death photos posted on FB. Too many quacks who somehow conjure of photos of dead people to gain lurid attention every time there’s an opportunity. Think of what low level of scruples somebody would have to even take actual photos of death scenes, let alone to post them for others to look at. :(

They were definitely real unfortunately. It had their vehicle in view and everything. I'm just glad it's gone.

No, that's pretty standard for socially awkward teenagers trying to be edgy. People I knew in high school made way worse jokes than that, and they've never killed anyone (that I know of!)

But BS is accused of killing three people. When you look at all of the red flags all he reads like a deranged and dangerous individual. Doxxing other gamers, threatening fellow students, the intense interest in playing war, military/camo, the photo with the gun in his mouth and so on.

This quote is interesting, how police may gain insight into the minds of B or K and possible motive based on comments from family members. AS has never said why he was able to predict their deaths before it occurred but he must’ve had a reason to know the two would never allow a peaceful, voluntarily arrest.

Retired Mountie says answers could still come in B.C. homicides
“Peter German, who retired from the RCMP in 2012, said it will be hard, but there is already some key evidence available that speaks to motive.

“At least one of the individuals seemed to be highly influenced by violent video games,” he said. “His father has spoken publicly about what he believed would happen — death, suicide, going out in a blaze of glory.

“That all goes to motive.”...”

I mean, they were Canadian.

I'm pretty sure his birthday was April 12, 2000 -- a funeral home in Winnipeg accidentally made his death announcement public at first, and it was posted elsewhere. But don't quote me on that! The "911" thing is kind of weird.

SBM
LOL at your Canadian quip!

Would you happen to remember what the name of that Winnipeg funeral home was, by chance?

Thank you kindly (in true Canadian fashion)

I’m hoping forensics will have determined if the van was operative or not and if any fingerprints or DNA put one of them in the drivers seat

The possible retrieval fingerprints was one reason I was surprised to see that they had taped up the rear broken window and left the handle exposed. They could have easily made the plastic a bit larger and covered the rear door handle too.

But BS is accused of killing three people. When you look at all of the red flags all he reads like a deranged and dangerous individual. Doxxing other gamers, threatening fellow students, the intense interest in playing war, military/camo, the photo with the gun in his mouth and so on.

In hindsight, yes. Knowing the context of his upbringing, yes. I agree that the homicide/suicide threats, gun in mouth photo, and talk about militias and totalitarian regimes and all that, were overlooked red flags.

However, I don't think that fellow gamers would have considered vulgar jokes about Hitler or jokes about killing people to be unusual. That's pretty standard. I'm not sure because I'm not a gamer, but I don't think even doxxing other gamers would be considered that unusual -- troll behavior, yes, but not that uncommon. Airsoft and violent video games are also common hobbies among teenagers these days, although he did seem to get way too into it.

Also, as far as we know, he didn't have any history of actual violence before this. Like if you think of the typical teenager with antisocial personality disorder or whatever, they're very violent from a young age, they're in and out of institutions, punishment has no effect on them, and they aren't scared of much, definitely not prison. There's no evidence any of that was the case here. All of his family members said he was very well-behaved, and his dad said that Bryer and Kam never got into fights or anything.

This seems more like a case of a person who had issues for a long time -- issues that were most likely ignored and untreated for many years, based on what we know -- but had it under control to some extent (as in, they still acted like an a-hole, but nothing too terrible, all things considered) and then something caused them to totally go off the rails and snap. Hopefully we will find out what that "something" was.

So I think saying that people should have known he was a "deranged and dangerous individual" seems like a bit of a stretch. I think people definitely knew he was troubled and weird, and should have taken certain signs more seriously. I don't think it's like those cases where we find out the person was reported a bunch of times to authorities like "yeah, this person is going to go out and shoot people." This was a very slow-moving crisis and I think it could have been prevented if just one or two things had changed, or been noticed.

SBM
LOL at your Canadian quip!

Would you happen to remember what the name of that Winnipeg funeral home was, by chance?

Thank you kindly (in true Canadian fashion)

I'll see if I can dig it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member