CA CA - Sacramento Co, Unksex&race UP2374, 5-9, child remains found, Jun'94

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 2374

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2374

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found June 7, 1994 in Sacramento County, CA
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1992 to 1994

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 5-9
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available
DNA: not available

Case History: Estimated date of death is 1 year plus.

I think they got the time of death estimation wrong. I can't find anyone close during that timeframe that's gone missing. Does anyone else have even a vague guess?

I was looking for this one, I thought I had posted about it myself and I came to check on it. I know the person who found this and remember the news reports. When it was in the news, it was reported to be that of a non-human primate. The woman who found it had always called BS on it, though.

The Namus page is pretty bare-bones. Either they opted to keep a lot of information private (which many agencies do), or it's a "stub" entry that's there just to make sure the DNA comparison is run (also common).

Are there any news articles saying the skull might not be human? I feel like with DNA testing it would be pretty easy to find out...

Are there any news articles saying the skull might not be human? I feel like with DNA testing it would be pretty easy to find out...
Initial reports made by the local tv news and The Sacramento Bee reported it to be the skull of a primate. You can find the Sacbee article on their page, but just a preview without paying. They didn't come back and say it was human for about three weeks. In fact, my friend who found it didn't even know until I mentioned it to her a few months ago. That's how under the radar the correction was.

Looked for all kids age 5-9 missing between '92 and '94 and found a few possibles.

1992:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Angela Olmstead, 7, from CA. Went missing with her mother and (2-year-old) brother. Has brown hair
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Scott Echols, 8, from CA. Has brown hair
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Corrine Erstad, 5, from MN. Has brown hair that looks curly in the pictures available

1993:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Chance Wackerhagen, 9, from TX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Jose Fuentes, 7, from CA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Melissa Espinoza, 12, from CA. She's older than the age range but has curly brown hair and went missing from the same county the UID was found in.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Stephanie Crane, 9, from ID. Has curly brown hair
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) David Marko, 3, from CA. Younger than the age range, but from the same state and has brown hair

1994:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Sarah Amiri, 3, from CA. Including her for the same reasons I included David Marko.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Victor Shoemaker, 5, from WV
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Marco Cadenas, 9, from FL

Expanding the search for kids who went missing in 1991, I got a few more. I included slightly younger kids as well just in case 1) they died after they went missing or 2) the age estimate was off.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Amanda Campbell, 4, from CA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) William Majewski, 8, from PA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) James Lewis, 4, from PA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Rasheedya Wilson, 9, from CA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Jennifer Patterson, 7, from NC. Has brown hair that looks curly/wavy from pictures
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/6106/attachments?nav Megan Garner, 3, from TX. Has wavy-looking brown hair

JMO, I like Angela Olmstead, Scott Echols, or maybe Melissa Espinoza, just because she went missing from so close.

Is there any way to find out if the county still has access to the remains? I’d love to see this one identified and I think it might be possible with genetic genealogy.

Case Number​

94-02225

Race​

Unknown

Gender​

Unknown

Age​

Child

Estimated Age​

6 to 8 years old

Height​

Unknown

Weight​

Unknown

Eyes​

Unknown

Hair​

Dark brown, slightly-wavy hair

Date Found​

1994-06-07T07:00:00Z

Date of Death​

Unknown

Case Information​

Child's skull found in a dumpster. Dental x-rays on file.

Scars-Marks-Tattoos​

None

Clothing​

None

Jewelry​

None

Other distinguishing characteristics​

The skull retained the child's first molars, unerupted second molars, bilateral second molars, left first premolar, bilateral unerupted lateral incisors. The right premolars show extensive wear. There is also a cavity in the first premolar. A small patch of dark brown, slightly waving (approximately 5” in length) left on the skull.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back