OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, IMO I think they WILL stand. In OH a notary public can only witness the signing of a document while it is in progress by the signer in front of the notary. And the notary cannot witness the signatures of their own family members. (I’m looking for the rule, they recently rescinded some rules and new rules effective 9/20/19 so it may take me a bit. So this is moo). If the documents were signed in Pike Co then taken to RN to “witness” in Scioto Co then she is bearing false witness. I’m trying to understand a scenario where BW would be signing the documents. Evidently they needed notarized signatures of 2 signers. Count 18 on BW indictment https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

I have a blank copy of a form called “Declaration of Appointment of Guardianship in the Event of My Death or Incapacity” that I have in my Rhoden/Gilley Murders notes. It’s in my Dropbox but I can’t figure out yet how to get it from there to here.I’m not sure where I got it but I’m 99% sure it was from my investigation or I wouldn’t have it. As soon as I can figure it out I will post it.

I don't think BW would have had to sign it. They all 4 planned everything so even if he didn't sign, wouldn't he be charged?

Her case wasn't dismissed, she lost that round and got angry....

During a hearing Wednesday, Newcomb asked Deering to toss out the forgery charges. She got combative when a prosecutor asked if she had full command of her memory when she testified before a grand jury.

"Yes, if you have to be 100 percent, yes," Newcomb said. "If it makes you happy. Excuse me, I don't mean to get sassy but you're kind of irritating me. I'm sorry, judge."

Deering's ruling:

“It’s a serious thing to violate court orders and you could go to jail,” Deering said. "There’s been a serious violation of this court order, so I’m going to expand the order. No phone calls can be taken from Angela Wagner and no calls are to be taken by her from anyone else in that house.

If the court finds calls are being received or made to Wagner or if people while at that house are receiving or making calls to her then one of two things will happen; you’ll go to jail or you can’t live in that home anymore."

Seems like they are all sassy. That is very disrespectful. They do believe they are above the law IMO.
I pray those beliefs are put to rest. Mind boggling that people can do what they did and then be irritated by questions. My 2 cents.

I'd be an awful criminal.

BBM, IMO I think they WILL stand. In OH a notary public can only witness the signing of a document while it is in progress by the signer in front of the notary. And the notary cannot witness the signatures of their own family members. (I’m looking for the rule, they recently rescinded some rules and new rules effective 9/20/19 so it may take me a bit. So this is moo). If the documents were signed in Pike Co then taken to RN to “witness” in Scioto Co then she is bearing false witness. I’m trying to understand a scenario where BW would be signing the documents. Evidently they needed notarized signatures of 2 signers. Count 18 on BW indictment https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

I have a blank copy of a form called “Declaration of Appointment of Guardianship in the Event of My Death or Incapacity” that I have in my Rhoden/Gilley Murders notes. It’s in my Dropbox but I can’t figure out yet how to get it from there to here.I’m not sure where I got it but I’m 99% sure it was from my investigation or I wouldn’t have it. As soon as I can figure it out I will post it.

Thanks!!

Deering's ruling:

“It’s a serious thing to violate court orders and you could go to jail,” Deering said. "There’s been a serious violation of this court order, so I’m going to expand the order. No phone calls can be taken from Angela Wagner and no calls are to be taken by her from anyone else in that house.

If the court finds calls are being received or made to Wagner or if people while at that house are receiving or making calls to her then one of two things will happen; you’ll go to jail or you can’t live in that home anymore."

Yes, but he said the same thing the last time he warned her. JMO, she and AW will do it again. It's sowing disorder and eventually chaos into all the trials. What is bungled in one trial spreads to the others. We know they've already been illegally sharing information about at least 2 or 3 of the 4 murder suspects. They were plotting ways to mess up the trials, coordinate false testimony and send each other messages when testifying with coded words.

That's the kind of thing that results in a mistrial, and we know the state and county won't pay for a whole new set of 4 capital trials. Maybe it's a feature, not a bug.

Betty,

Thank you for posting all of the details and everything that you do in this forum.

No problem, happy to help. Sorry for the interruptions today. I missed some of the hearing, but things got busy, had to stop and talk, etc. We're not used to these long hearings. This one was over 2 hours today.

The link I posted above to one of the news station FB pages has a video covering most of the hearing, so the parts I missed should be in there. It just doesn't have the last part, after they took a 10 minute recess.

We really need an answer on why that happened.

Yes, but he said the same thing the last time he warned her. JMO, she and AW will do it again. It's sowing disorder and eventually chaos into all the trials. What is bungled in one trial spreads to the others. We know they've already been illegally sharing information about at least 2 or 3 of the 4 murder suspects. They were plotting ways to mess up the trials, coordinate false testimony and send each other messages when testifying with coded words.

That's the kind of thing that results in a mistrial, and we know the state and county won't pay for a whole new set of 4 capital trials. Maybe it's a feature, not a bug.

I will have to research this, is this information from the hearing today? So far I watched the witness TP give testimony and I saw the end with the rulings but did I miss all this?

Quote from your post:

"We know they've already been illegally sharing information about at least 2 or 3 of the 4 murder suspects. They were plotting ways to mess up the trials, coordinate false testimony and send each other messages when testifying with coded words."

Yeah, she's powerful, in ways that have nothing to do with religion or church, JMO. We've been saying that from the beginning, and I still believe it's the reason why it took so long to arrest the W4. JMO, that would never have happened without public pressure and attention on the case, plus an election that was coming up.

What does FW have on these people? Why does the criminal justice system, the AG & prosecutor and the Ohio news media think a bunch of extremely violent, murderous, white nationalist, drug dealing, grifting pseudo-Christians are people to hold in high esteem?

JMO, they and their "gang" must have a lot of dirt on a lot of people. The news media just goes along with whatever the AG's office or the governor tells them to do.

We need a good journalist to stick to this like glue. I know some try, but drop the ball. More "sunshine" on facts. IMO

Her case wasn't dismissed, she lost that round and got angry....

During a hearing Wednesday, Newcomb asked Deering to toss out the forgery charges. She got combative when a prosecutor asked if she had full command of her memory when she testified before a grand jury.

"Yes, if you have to be 100 percent, yes," Newcomb said. "If it makes you happy. Excuse me, I don't mean to get sassy but you're kind of irritating me. I'm sorry, judge."

I was shocked as I listened to her in court. How often do defendants get by with insulting the county prosecutor in front of the judge?

I will have to research this, is this information from the hearing today? So far I watched the witness TP give testimony and I saw the end with the rulings but did I miss all this?

Quote from your post:

"We know they've already been illegally sharing information about at least 2 or 3 of the 4 murder suspects. They were plotting ways to mess up the trials, coordinate false testimony and send each other messages when testifying with coded words."
There was definitely 2 parts separated by news feeds today. And it seems that some was blocked out.

Quote from your post:

Yes, AC said they were discussing how to use certain "buzzwords" when testifying in court. She said AW was discussing her lawyers strategies for her trial with RN. She was trying to get RN and family to send messages to Jake W, among other things. IIRC, FW's name came up, too.

ETA: Robin W's name came up, too. AW was trying to get info and pass information through her brother and, I think, his wife/girlfriend. They were also talking on speaker phone with other family members in the room. JMO, it sounded like there was enough there to get a mistrial on AW's case before it's even started.

Last edited:
Who cares that she didn’t go to jail today, you guys are acting like the case was dismissed or something.

This is a very good judge and he is giving the suspects the benefit of the doubt so they can’t come back later and say something was unfair.

I have to admit that I have never been glued to all proceedings (pretrial) like I have this case.
Is this "normal" for pretrial hearings?

No problem, happy to help. Sorry for the interruptions today. I missed some of the hearing, but things got busy, had to stop and talk, etc. We're not used to these long hearings. This one was over 2 hours today.

The link I posted above to one of the news station FB pages has a video covering most of the hearing, so the parts I missed should be in there. It just doesn't have the last part, after they took a 10 minute recess.

We really need an answer on why that happened.
We need a "love" button next to the "like" button for wonderful posters like you!!!!

Yes, AC said they were discussing how to use certain "buzzwords" when testifying in court. She said AW was discussing her lawyers strategies for her trial with RN. She was trying to get RN and family to send messages to Jake W, among other things.

Wow! Thankx...
Well what this is, is a sinking ship. The ship's filling with H2O and the defendants only have mop buckets to bail with.

All this shows is the complete desperation of 2 massively controlling women (sociopaths) who know they are going down in flames in spectacular glory. They will fight tooth and nail, what little they can, but they can't win the long game.

Only the long game matters. The long game is:

Jurors #1 through # 12.
We are the Jury, we are the public,
the Jury is us....
and the Jury does see now and will see at the trial---the truth---and that is what will convict them.

They will all be convicted. All 5. They cannot overcome this much evidence. Their ship will sink to the bottom of the sea.

Last edited:
I was shocked as I listened to her in court. How often do defendants get by with insulting the county prosecutor in front of the judge?

I didn't see it as insulting, to know this particular prosecutor, he is (to be somewhat blunt)... an overbearing <modsnip>

What I found insulting however was when he and AC laughed out loud at the defense attorney. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member