Detroit Youth Choir wows on America's Got Talent

cried my eyes out the whole time. I don't watch that show (but give me some So You Think You Can Dance anyday!) but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and just... wow... Even now I am emotional for those kids. I have no idea if they have any potential to win but the experience alone for them is incredible! Thanks for posting the performance here @BetteDavisEyes.

(it was way over 100 here yesterday and I am always freezing inside this time of year so chills are just a thing lol... I have my portable space heater on today here at the office - crazy!) I really did go through 5 tissues during their whole montage. My dogs wondered why I was crying so!

What does the gold button mean? They don't have to perform against anyone else until the end? Or will they perform each week, do you know? I hate that I am going to have to record this show now lol... That Simon guy drives me crazy with his knowitall attitude and the blonde dancer woman judge seems so insincere with her critiques from what little I saw.

cried my eyes out the whole time. I don't watch that show (but give me some So You Think You Can Dance anyday!) but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and just... wow... Even now I am emotional for those kids. I have no idea if they have any potential to win but the experience alone for them is incredible! Thanks for posting the performance here @BetteDavisEyes.
I'm not crying - YOU'RE crying!!! I love SYTYCD too... I even cry during that show...

And I just love Terry Crews.

(it was way over 100 here yesterday and I am always freezing inside this time of year so chills are just a thing lol... I have my portable space heater on today here at the office - crazy!) I really did go through 5 tissues during their whole montage. My dogs wondered why I was crying so!

What does the gold button mean? They don't have to perform against anyone else until the end? Or will they perform each week, do you know? I hate that I am going to have to record this show now lol... That Simon guy drives me crazy with his knowitall attitude and the blonde dancer woman judge seems so insincere with her critiques from what little I saw.

Google search:

What does it mean to get the golden buzzer?
During auditions, each judge is allowed to use the Golden Buzzer to send an act automatically into the live shows, regardless of the opinion of the other judges; when it was initially used, the buzzer simply saved an act from elimination.

Detroit Youth Choir awes in 'Got Talent' quarterfinals

The stakes were high Tuesday night, but the Detroit Youth Choir rose to the occasion.

Two months after the local vocal ensemble won the "golden buzzer" during "America's Got Talent," the young performers earned more renown as they competed in the last round of the quarterfinals on the NBC show.

The group, which features participants ages 8-18, opened the show by performing a rendition of the song "The Champion," credited to Carrie Underwood and Ludacris...

Detroit Youth Choir makes it to next round of 'America's Got Talent'

...The group now goes on to compete in the show's next round, along with 22 other acts. The next round of performances takes place Sept. 3 and Sept. 10, with results shows airing Sept. 4 and Sept. 11.

From there, 10 acts will graduate to the finals on Sept. 17 and Sept. 18, with one act going on to win a slot as a Las Vegas headline act and earning a $1 million prize...

Can't imagine the Detroit Youth Choir as a Vegas headline act but I am so happy for these kids and for the city - anything good is good, YKWIM?

Too bad two contestants can't win. I really would like to see Kodi Lee win. He is awesome and amazing. But the choir is good too! : )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back