GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/08...s-brandon-theesfeld-on-capital-murder-charge/

Aug 30, 2019

Former Ole Miss student Brandon Theesfeld was indicted on a capital murder charge by a Grand Jury on Friday.

Theesfeld is charged in the murder of Ally Kostial, a former classmate of his whose body was found in the Buford Ridge area of Harmontown on July 20 by Lafayette County Sheriffs Deputies. It was confirmed through the preliminary autopsy report that Kostial died from multiple gunshot wounds.

“(Theesfeld) did unlawfully, willfully and feloniously and without authority of law and with or without deliberate design to effect death, kill and murder Alexandria Madison Kostial, a human being, by shooting her with a firearm,” the signed indictment reads.

The indictment continues to state Theesefeld murdered Kostial while “engaged in the commission of the felony crime of Kidnapping.”

Thank goodness for the indictment. I could be wrong, used to it on occasion actually, but my guess is the prosecution gave the defense something the day before to show them that lowered bond was not going to work where they changed it to a mental evaluation at the last minute.

I know I am biased but this little creep can go away and stay there.

He looks like a little punk but not so much of one apparently that he cannot kill in cold blood for his selfish arse.

Jmo.

The kidnapping piece is interesting. I was under the impression that Ally went willingly with this manipulative b@$turd, so I wasn’t thinking kidnapping. But in MS, kidnapping occurs when someone is confined, or held against their will through persuasion from deception or flattery- which would essentially be the result if he took her to a remote area under the premise of “let’s talk”. In MS, kidnapping w murder is LWOP, if I skimmed correctly while running out the door.
Mississippi Kidnapping/Abduction Laws – Kidnapping

Does anyone have a new opinion on the pregnancy rumors, given the charges?

Does anyone have a new opinion on the pregnancy rumors, given the charges?
Stop me if this sounds idiotic:

If indeed Ally was pregnant, would LE have to present that fact to the Grand Jury and ask for a second murder charge?

Would her family have any influence on whether that fact came out and that charge was made?

Since kidnapping qualifies this as a capital crime would the DA be willing to exclude the baby's death (assuming there was a baby) from the indictment?

About the kidnapping:
So there is either video of Brandon taking Ally against her will, a witness or perhaps there is evidence that she had been tied up, maybe rope burns on her wrists and ankles?

If he was able to kidnap her, kill her and escape to Memphis his thinking was fairly organized and may put a crimp in that insanity defense. Farese is going to earn his money on this one!
I wonder if Lafayette County throws in an extra ration of bologna for the Labor Day holiday?!

Last edited:

If indeed Ally was pregnant, would LE have to present that fact to the Grand Jury and ask for a second murder charge?

Would her family have any influence on whether that fact came out and that charge was made?

Since kidnapping qualifies this as a capital crime would the DA be willing to exclude the baby's death (assuming there was a baby) from the indictment?

About the kidnapping:
So there is either video of Brandon taking Ally against her will, a witness or perhaps there is evidence that she had been tied up, maybe rope burns on her wrists and ankles?

If he was able to kidnap her, kill her and escape to Memphis his thinking was fairly organized and may put a crimp in that insanity defense. Farese is going to earn his money on this one!
I wonder if Lafayette County throws in an extra ration of bologna for the Labor Day holiday?!
I thought this precise thought and then I saw you wrote it!

The pregnancy rumors seemed so well developed and the way all the file docs including the autopsy were sealed lead me to believe we do indeed have a bologna sandwich here!

I also wonder if the DA chose not to go down the path of the extra charge for the pregnancy, possibly with the victims family ok, if it were going to bring a level of politics to this case that would/could detract from justice? Doesn't make sense to me but perhaps it was important for the family.

IDK, just throwing up spitballs trying to understand MS as its far away from my realm of understanding. MOO

About the kidnapping:

I had the same questions. I would have assumed a fetal homicide would have come into play at the grand jury stage if she were pregnant. And I understand why the parents would want that information hidden, however, I think as a prosecution strategy, killing a fetus would definitely NOT go over well with a Mississippi jury and would pretty much seal the deal for the harshest sentence.
Edited to add: And if the early media reports are from accurate sources, the bullet wounds were exclusively in the torso, which also seemed very deliberate.

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/08...s-brandon-theesfeld-on-capital-murder-charge/

Aug 30, 2019

Former Ole Miss student Brandon Theesfeld was indicted on a capital murder charge by a Grand Jury on Friday.

Theesfeld is charged in the murder of Ally Kostial, a former classmate of his whose body was found in the Buford Ridge area of Harmontown on July 20 by Lafayette County Sheriffs Deputies. It was confirmed through the preliminary autopsy report that Kostial died from multiple gunshot wounds.

“(Theesfeld) did unlawfully, willfully and feloniously and without authority of law and with or without deliberate design to effect death, kill and murder Alexandria Madison Kostial, a human being, by shooting her with a firearm,” the signed indictment reads.

The indictment continues to state Theesefeld murdered Kostial while “engaged in the commission of the felony crime of Kidnapping.”
Just getting home and seeing this! Thanks for the update! What great news! One step closer to justice for this young lady and her family.

I thought this precise thought and then I saw you wrote it!

The pregnancy rumors seemed so well developed and the way all the file docs including the autopsy were sealed lead me to believe we do indeed have a bologna sandwich here!

I also wonder if the DA chose not to go down the path of the extra charge for the pregnancy, possibly with the victims family ok, if it were going to bring a level of politics to this case that would/could detract from justice? Doesn't make sense to me but perhaps it was important for the family.

IDK, just throwing up spitballs trying to understand MS as its far away from my realm of understanding. MOO
I have a thought...just hope I can state it clearly..could it be possible that the DA thought it more likely to receive a capital murder guilty verdict without disclosing a pregnancy? Is it possible that adding a fetal murder charge would make it easier for BT to get off with insanity? Especially if the DA has to have the burden of proof. By keeping any evidence of a pregnancy there would be no reason for insanity. JMO

I thought that but I looked at Mississippi codes and it appears that the capital charge is because of the kidnapping being part of the crime. Synopsis: Mississippi Murder Laws - FindLaw
Yes, the kidnapping would certainly boost to a Capital charge, but I was thinking they were "piling-on," so to speak -- hoping to get a plea. I'm sure the prosecutor knows these attorneys, and the prosecution is trying to make this as painful as possible.
Slow, torturous drip, drip, drips.

IMO, she wasn’t pregnant or it would’ve been added to the charges.

Maybe she *WAS* pregnant?? And this is what the bomb-on-me tweet was about?
Pregnancy was my first thought when I "heard" the bomb-on-me lyric. Her telling him about a pregnancy would definitely be a bomb. "How do I get outta this?" -- that's when he started to panic -- and make plans, IMO.

I have a thought...just hope I can state it clearly..could it be possible that the DA thought it more likely to receive a capital murder guilty verdict without disclosing a pregnancy? Is it possible that adding a fetal murder charge would make it easier for BT to get off with insanity? Especially if the DA has to have the burden of proof. By keeping any evidence of a pregnancy there would be no reason for insanity. JMO
IMO if she was pregnant it’s highly unlikely they’d get through a trial without that information coming out. Contained in the autopsy and/or brought up in witness testimony. To your point, if she were pregnant the defense very well might want to bring it up in which case I’d think the DA would want to get in front of it and control the narrative as much as possible.

Interpreting facts as we know them, it’s clear her friends believed she was pregnant, but at the time of her death she was not. If that’s the case I can think of a way defense might spin the story to the defendant’s advantage. I don’t want to spell it out though and potentially spark more victim bashing.

If she was not pregnant, then there is the problem of a motive. Without that, I do not see a clear and obvious motive. Jealousy? I doubt it, it sounds like they had an up and down relationship to begin with and he was the one who seemed to control it. Why would he go off to the tune of eight shots or whatever it was? Over what?

Could she have thought she was pregnant (e.g. late) and was wrong? It does happen...

Just thoughts.

If she was not pregnant, then there is the problem of a motive. Without that, I do not see a clear and obvious motive. Jealousy? I doubt it, it sounds like they had an up and down relationship to begin with and he was the one who seemed to control it. Why would he go off to the tune of eight shots or whatever it was? Over what?

Could she have thought she was pregnant (e.g. late) and was wrong? It does happen...

Just thoughts.

Pardon me while I board the thought train.

Perhaps she was over it and moved on. Found another man, someone he perceived as a friend (not sure he had any real friends.) She told him that night via text. He tried that pleeeease just talk to me about it game that has worked thus far. She agreed but only in front of her place. Didn’t go as he was wanting and forced her in the car.

Pardon me while I board the thought train.

Perhaps she was over it and moved on. Found another man, someone he perceived as a friend (not sure he had any real friends.) She told him that night via text. He tried that pleeeease just talk to me about it game that has worked thus far. She agreed but only in front of her place. Didn’t go as he was wanting and forced her in the car.

Definitely possible. He seems the type if he was not the one ruling her emotions, he would then have a problem if he thought she moved on and his control was gone...

Jmo.

The kidnapping piece is interesting. I was under the impression that Ally went willingly with this manipulative b@$turd, so I wasn’t thinking kidnapping. But in MS, kidnapping occurs when someone is confined, or held against their will through persuasion from deception or flattery- which would essentially be the result if he took her to a remote area under the premise of “let’s talk”. In MS, kidnapping w murder is LWOP, if I skimmed correctly while running out the door.
Mississippi Kidnapping/Abduction Laws – Kidnapping
Holding someone at gunpoint against their will also qualifies for kidnapping in most states. I've seen it many times when a convenience store, etc., is robbed at gunpoint -- the clerks and the customers are held there at gunpoint, definitely against their wills, and kidnapping is included in the robbery charge. Dunno about Miss., but if so, even if she went out there with him willingly, and he held a gun on her, that could also be considered kidnapping, thus boosting the offense to Capital Murder.

Last edited:
Re: the kidnapping. So, my understanding of the grand jury phase is to determine if there is enough evidence for the case to go forward. The fact that there is a kidnapping charge implies that there is evidence of a kidnapping, correct? (Someone can clarify...I am not an attorney.) I am curious as to how they know she was kidnapped. Did they find evidence on/with her body? Did she text a friend that night to say that Brandon was taking her somewhere? Was a kidnapping evident on the convenience store surveillance video*? Law enforcement must have gotten this info somehow and it must have been very reliable.

MOO/my theory is that Ally texted a friend that she was being taken somewhere, or perhaps that Brandon was acting erratically and she was scared. Stay with me here...I always thought it was SO coincidental that an officer happened to check the lake area -- that specific spot -- and came upon her body a mere hours after she died. LE said it was a routine check of the area -- but was it really? Maybe this wasn't a coincidence...perhaps a friend received this weird text from Ally, and alerted authorities about it, which is why they went checking around the area. They seemed to home in on Brandon pretty quickly.

My other question -- what do you think of this "information" that Farese received the day before the bond hearing? What do you think it was? I wonder if they received notification that there was evidence that he kidnapped her, which would make it a capital case. MOO of course.

* I always thought it was strange that the surveillance video wasn't ever revealed. I believe a reporter asked for it early on. If the two of them had simply been on camera buying beer and cheetos, wouldn't it have been released like the video of Ally walking and texting in Oxford? I wonder if there was something incriminating on that video and the DA was just waiting to reveal it at the right time....again just my own supposition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back