CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-posting this Mike Galanos (HLN) video from July 19 because there has been a lot of discussion tonight about what LE may be investigating.

Mike's guest is Randy Sutton, a retired police lieutenant with the Las Vegas PD and founder of The Wounded Blue, and he talks about what is likely going on in the investigation.

Among other things, he says (about the 2:45 mark), "There's no doubt that they're investigating this not just as a missing person."

It's less than 5 minutes long and worth a listen, IMO. :)

Apologies, but I am now more confused than ever. Your earlier post, then, is misleading as to RT's character?
if barbara never went missing i would never have looked into roberts past, because i've always liked and respected him. dont mean to confuse, but also do not want to mislead.

Oh, and as an aside, Death Valley has put up signs that say, basically, hike at your own peril after 10 am. Don't hike at all after 10 am is what the park literature says when the daytime highs are 120 or higher.

One person died of heat stroke in the last 3 days, and every summer, during August and September, single car collisions/motorcycle accidents go up:

Death Valley reports two deaths across three days

People may disregard of course, then walk around, get disoriented, then try to drive (MOO).

Anyway, it's that time of year.

Re-posting this Mike Galanos (HLN) video from July 19 because there has been a lot of discussion tonight about what LE may be investigating.

Mike's guest is Randy Sutton, a retired police lieutenant with the Las Vegas PD and founder of The Wounded Blue, and he talks about what is likely going on in the investigation.

Among other things, he says (about the 2:45 mark), "There's no doubt that they're investigating this not just as a missing person."

“motive & opportunity “

Thanks for this PommyMommy. Did LE find any friends of Barbara to question about her marriage? As far as we know she had no friends. No one she felt she could confide in and that just really breaks my heart.

Thinking deceptive ... rewrite the story told

What if they were there for a purpose..
To retrieve something.
It is a normal thing to do.
They do this all the time.
He takes the backpack and they walk to the rocks where something has been placed for pick up.
He stops to put something in his backpack and BT walks off to the 5th wheeled she is not involved with this. At the road she is met by others. They are supposed to be there to make sure the proper person retrieves something. She is not allowed to own a cell phone.

Last edited:
“motive & opportunity “
Yes, I think LE treats all missing persons cases as a potential crime, especially when they believe the person is not voluntarily missing.
They will usually use any and all resources available to them.
The first 72 hours or so are crucial in terms of gathering evidence.
It seems as if they have been very thorough, although I guess the family would know more than we do about that. Imo

Yes, I think LE treats all missing persons cases as a potential crime, especially when they believe the person is not voluntarily missing.
They will usually use any and all resources available to them.
The first 72 hours or so are crucial in terms of gathering evidence.
It seems as if they have been very thorough, although I guess the family would know more than we do about that. Imo
As to the bolded, YES. It is pretty hard to be voluntarily missing, when you are wearing a bikini in the desert, and you have no food or water, no cash, no phone, no vehicle, no place to get out of the elements.

So she could be lost, but the place she was last reported missing makes it seem unlikely. If she was on the marked trail, and she could see the RV and the main road, it is hard to believe she could get lost, if she really was headed back to the RV.

As I recall, LE said they do not believe she was abducted. As to how she got wherever she is, I imagine she was driven there. LE hasn't said much; they did say there were pictures and that they believed she was where RT said she was. However, SAR searched and did not find her there. So I am "thinking outside of the box" to explore all possibilities. One possibility is that the photos were actually taken another day and the timestamp was changed, or the photos were altered. It's fairly easy to cut and paste a person onto another background. I'm not saying that's what happened - but it's one possibility. MOO
I’ve posted this before but i keep feeling more and more sure that this is a strong possibility: I think the pix could have been taken when they arrived at Kelbaker. Then they continue down the road to wherever they were going to camp. But they make another stop along the way. Then back to Kelbaker where the 911 call apparently came from. There seems to plenty of time for this. I’m not convinced they actually walked 2 miles anywhere, which would free up even more time if I’m correct. IMO IMO MOO etc.

Amazing - and the news announcer says they'll (HLN) will stay on top of the case. Be great if a lot of us would click through to HLN's FB page and follow, and then message and ask for updates (any warrants yet?) on this case.

Amazing - and the news announcer says they'll (HLN) will stay on top of the case. Be great if a lot of us would click through to HLN's FB page and follow, and then message and ask for updates (any warrants yet?) on this case.
Yes, that's exactly what @dbdb11 asked us to do with this post. It's had over 46k views but it needs some more likes, comments, and shares. I set my FB settings to "only me" and share. That way, my friends don't see it on my timeline over and over. :) MOO

He can work for a game manufacturer or the military or Google next week. We only had 6 children. 3 boys and 3 girls and I feel so God Blessed to have them all as adults today .. So take it proper to what I am telling you.
We never allowed them to have computers or gaming tech in their room .. front room or kitchen area Always .. What you wrote is an addiction .. That needs to be avoided.
He can work for a game manufacturer or the military or Google next week. We only had 6 children. 3 boys and 3 girls and I feel so God Blessed to have them all as adults today .. So take it proper to what I am telling you.
We never allowed them to have computers or gaming tech in their room .. front room or kitchen area Always .. What you wrote is an addiction .. That needs to be avoided.
I totally agree but he is 19 now and I am just a grandma and don't make the rules in their house.

Private Plane, Who Knew?

@Twistinginthewind :) Thanks for your post.
Could be as you say, no one (or not many) knew.
Brings to mind a couple I know w $ XX,000,000+ moolah who discuss/disclose little to their 'poor relations' (or to anyone) about their $ or toys, etc, because, originally coming from same socio-economic level as others in fam, they do not want to be seen as bragging or arrogant. Aside from a few 'indulgences' they live a modest life. The opposite of 'all flash, no cash' types.

Maybe RT & BT just stayed low key about some things - like the plane?
Just a possibility, not saying it's true.
I just want to throw this in, as regards RT possibly owning a small plane. I had a long-time neighbor and friend who loved to fly and became a licensed pilot. She scraped, scrimped and worked her butt off and eventually was able to buy herself a small single-engine plane. She was never, ever wealthy or came close to having extra $.
Money/finances may or may well not have any bearing on BT being missing. Like everyone else here, I'd give anything to know more :(
Still praying for Barb, her family and the investigators.

I just want to throw this in, as regards RT possibly owning a small plane. I had a long-time neighbor and friend who loved to fly and became a licensed pilot. She scraped, scrimped and worked her butt off and eventually was able to buy herself a small single-engine plane. She was never, ever wealthy or came close to having extra $.
Money/finances may or may well not have any bearing on BT being missing. Like everyone else here, I'd give anything to know more :(
Still praying for Barb, her family and the investigators.
A lot of pilots rent planes. Way cheaper. JMO

25 Reasons Renting an Airplane is Better than Buying | Inflight Pilot Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members