GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

If we take that theory a bit further - who would care about the future life/feelings of the widowed spouse? Let's take a count...
haha OH... facepalm.......

thats why it's sadistic........and because they'd have to deal with her.......COUNT?! LOL

Contrary to your belief that i am competing, its actually interesting tossing thoughts back and forth.........we dont have to agree

Just trying to catch up on things but your post above has inspired a thought - about the hair! It's not all *that* often that we might see a 'bald' woman, right? Could *that* be why 'the witness' 'knew' it was a 'man'? Also.. perhaps the size of the (bald) head, possibly body-shape, all combined.. but maybe SS didn't want to say much for the reasons I mentioned further up - so that he'd have info to compare against in future, should a viable suspect/accused be named?
well it could be reasons, it could be one , that its a ploy in hopes to scare someone out...........this man on the lawn thing was always shady.........the only reason SS gave was the trees,........what we dont know is the question......you cant name an accused unless he's indicted...........there are laws..........IM not wanting a name...........the reports on this are questionable IMHO

I do believe the man on the lawn was described but SS would never reveal that info for protection reasons. I do have a question that's a bit off subject though. Did I recall correctly that SS and McIver were friends? Was it SS who's department investigated the murder? And also was the DA the same as the DA in Putnam county? Just dotting the i's . I've tried a few times to find the name of the DA in Putnam county but I get aggravated and end up with nothing.

I do believe the man on the lawn was described but SS would never reveal that info for protection reasons. I do have a question that's a bit off subject though. Did I recall correctly that SS and McIver were friends? Was it SS who's department investigated the murder? And also was the DA the same as the DA in Putnam county? Just dotting the i's . I've tried a few times to find the name of the DA in Putnam county but I get aggravated and end up with nothing.

I found:

Stephen A Bradley - Putnam Co. DA

Paul L Howard Jr - Fulton Co. DA

“This was a guy who supposedly had vast holdings,” Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said. “He wouldn’t even go over and pay for her ashes.” Howard said when investigators searched the McIver’s condo some six months later, they found Diane’s ashes in a bedroom closet…in a sock drawer.
https://crimeola.com/diane-mciver-wiki/

It made for an unusual dynamic when state witness Atlanta Police Det. Darrin Smith found himself under fire Friday from lead prosecutor Clint Rucker while receiving praise from defense co-counsel Bruce Harvey.
Prosecutor: Gaps in Atlanta police investigation of Tex McIver

Not sure if staff at Putnam County is the same now as in 2018?
Home - Putnam County Prosecutor

Wondering if perhaps she may have been over there for whatever reason (cleaning, dog-sitting, dog-walking, just checking in on the house, perhaps even hoping to talk to the Ds about listing their home for sale), saw something, asked some questions, which resulted in the need for her to be silenced...

Or.. maybe she knew the neighbor was away and was a part of a plan and the other party didn't end up wanting to share whatever the result was.. or maybe she did cleaning for the neighbor and struck up a friendship with Mrs. D and offered to take her out somewhere that Saturday morning.. or.. whatever - the possibilities are many.. just find her worth looking into since she ended up dead only 2 days after RD's body was discovered, and she was affiliated with the same real estate office that had the neighbor's home listed for sale at the time.

Wondering also if she may have been the 'witness' who saw the 'man' in the yard, while checking in on the neighbor's home, reported it right after RD's body was found, then ended up dead herself a day later.. although I'm sure SS wouldn't have so quickly considered her death accidental if that was the case.

SS and Tex were/still are friends. I’ve heard he still believes the shooting was accidental. That incident took place in Fulton County after leaving Putnam County so it was investigated by Fulton County.

It’s a weird case imo.

Something tells me there might be some hurt feelings/hatred between SS and the DA . By now a case like this should have been taken over by the DA's office. Is the DA elected or appointed? Something seems odd about the DA having nothing to say about this case .

SS and Tex were/still are friends. I’ve heard he still believes the shooting was accidental. That incident took place in Fulton County after leaving Putnam County so it was investigated by Fulton County.

It’s a weird case imo.

I think it’s a very strange case. Have watched the re-enactment many times, and find it difficult to believe it was accidental.

IMHO

Just wondering: Say you hurt/kill someone and then dump the body...and you're local, would you be likely to pass by the spot to check it out? (Revisiting the crime scene so to speak). And while checking it out, you see the body you dumped has surfaced! What would you do then?

Has SS stated publicly that he believes that the shooting was accidental?

No not at all. What makes you say that? He has mentioned he thinks it was an extortion and I’m fairly certain the head was removed because of DNA evidence. They were killed in two completely different ways so I do think it was a beating/shooting/beheading while SD was bludgeoned but definitely not drowned.

Just wondering: Say you hurt/kill someone and then dump the body...and you're local, would you be likely to pass by the spot to check it out? (Revisiting the crime scene so to speak). And while checking it out, you see the body you dumped has surfaced! What would you do then?

I’m not positive but fairly certain the guy who found SD and called it in was given a polygraph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back