Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Amber Alert -
- Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania -
- Nalani Johnson -
- Black / Female / 2 Years Old -
* 3' :: 30 Lbs. *
- Brown Eyes :: Black Hair -
- Black Shirt -
- Floral-Design Skirt -
*(Born 15 September 2017)*

69338430_10219084941371103_7007165364475789312_n.jpg

Suspect In-Custody:
Sharena Islam Nancy, 25

[Contribution # 6758
Thread # 471011]

Last edited:
I have been watching the WPXI live feed on their web site. They are repeating their 11 PM news. During that newscast they reported that Nalani's father had left the police station in a vehicle with someone and police vehicles also left. Just a moment ago there was a breaking news after a commercial break (can't tell if that was new or happened during the newscast) that said Police were talking with someone - that's it.

ETA: Here is a link to WPXI's live feed.
Watch Pittsburgh Live News

Did they find the driver, or just her car? You would think an Uber driver would be more trackable. Unless she wasn't on the clock. But I'm still not sure how well that story works.

Nalani Johnson

NCMC1367562c1.jpg

• Missing Since Aug 31, 2019
  • Missing From Penn Hills, PA
  • DOB Sep 15, 2017
  • Age Now 1
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Hair Color Black
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 3'0"
  • Weight 30 lbs
Nalani was last seen August 31, 2019. She was last seen wearing a black shirt, a skirt with a floral design, and black sandals.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
Penn Hills Police Department (Pennsylvania) 1-412-473-3705

Have you seen this child? NALANI JOHNSON

Last edited:
Chris Lovingood WTAE on Twitter
SHARE: Folks, 2-year-old Nalani Johnson is still missing after police say she was abducted by 25-year-old Sharena Nancy. Nancy was taken into custody, but Nalani was not in the car Nancy was found driving. We've got more on this coming up on @WTAE at 5 a.m.
EDXdDjOWwAA4TDK.jpg

4:46 AM - 1 Sep 2019

Lori Houy on Twitter
Right now, family, friends and strangers are looking for 2 year old Nalani Johnson in the Monroeville area. An amber alert was issued last night, after the family says a jitney driver drove off with Nalani.
EDYaI33XsAEy0CZ.jpg

9:13 AM - 1 Sep 2019

Anthony Conroy on Twitter
Apparently, the woman who is suspected of abducting a 2-year-old on Saturday (and prompting an Amber Alert) is in custody. The girl -- Nalani Johnson -- remains missing, however.
10:05 AM - 1 Sep 2019

Last edited:
August 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Amber Alert Issued For 2-Year-Old Abducted In Penn Hills
[...]

Allegheny County Police say the car had both Lyft and Uber stickers in the front passenger side windshield.

Nancy is currently at the Penn Hills Police Department and they are trying to determine where Johnson is.

Nancy’s car, a Toyota Prius, was impounded by police. It will be processed, and the FBI has called in members of the Missing Children Task Force.

[...]

Referencing: PA State Police

Last edited:
IMO, I'm wondering if she was ever in the car to begin with. Sounds odd that the father was getting out of the car and the driver took off before getting his daughter out of the car? Hinky meter!

That's actually the normal way to get your kid out of a car. Have you ever tried getting out of a car with a 2 year old already in your arms? That doesn't sound hinky to me at all. I am from this town, I live in this neighborhood. One thing I would never think is that an uber driver (who is tracked by uber) would drive off out of my neighborhood with my kid. This is a mountainous area. Clay Dr is a SERIOUS HILL, the map makes it look like its an easy out but its not. Its hilly and windy and to be honest, I would never have imagined someone would have the guts to try to pull something like this.

The bad part is that we are very close to the turnpike and the parkway which will take a person right to 79. This area is ripe for human trafficking. I hope this is somehow something less sinister than that and that they find this baby soon. Search parties are out this morning.

Can I ask, what makes you think this? I'm not being smart, honestly. Just curious. I'm actually very close to that area at the moment due to my daughter having surgery recently. And I also got the Amber Alert. I was shocked at how quickly a thread went up for her in WS. Glad to see how on top of things all of these members are.

Because I just find it odd that a woman took her and in that amount of time between that the little girl was abducted/reported missing and them finding this woman that little girl is now just gone. I feel like its a possibility this woman took her and gave her to someone else that's why I wondered about sex trafficking. If this would have been a man I would have been worrying about what happens cases typically involving a man.

Woman in custody after toddler abduction in Penn Hills; child still missing
snipped: Sharena Islam Nancy is suspected of fleeing in her car around 5 p.m. with Nalani Johnson inside, setting in motion a statewide Amber Alert

Nancy drove to Monroeville and her 2017 Toyota Yaris with Lyft and Uber stickers in the window was spotted at the intersection of Route 48 and Route 22 at 5:13 p.m., according to investigators.

Police took her into custody shortly after, the release said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77