IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

Other than the fact that MJS lives in Delphi and is of similar height and weight to the BG, is there anything that links him to the Monon Bridge murders? I'm sure we are all hoping the arrest of this creep will be a break in the Delphi case, but it may not. thoughts?
-just my opinion
Well, there is a close relative that lives not far from the bridge, members of the extended family that knew the girls, HE knew the girls and would perhaps therefore have known through someone or some post that the girls were going there. Did one of the girls know something? I am beginning to wonder as others here have for some time. Although he's not officially a POI in the Delphi case, he'd make a good one given what was said in the April PC. There are a number of unofficial POI's amongst us, but none would appear to fit that PC this well. My POI just does not fit that PC although he would be absolutely capable of the crime. And, many times a killer does not appear to be a killer and that's why they get away with it. JMO
ed:sp

he very well could have been molested prior to and/or after the divorce. So many families are full of sexual violations on children and women, and keeping secrets is part of the psychological make up of people in the family. Rationalizations on not reporting go on forever. Covering for abusers is quite literally in the DNA, and is a major cause of substance use/abuse. In the 90's, proving molestation was not as "streamlined", and would have been an expensive trial. Without that conviction or findings by CPS, the father would not have been barred from custody.

I actually wondered whether something happened between him and his young sister and thats why they were separated in different homes after the divorce. Perhaps that was the reason for the divorce.

Well, there is a close relative that lives not far from the bridge, members of the extended family that knew the girls, HE knew the girls and would perhaps therefore have known through someone or some post that the girls were going there. Did one of the girls know something? I am beginning to wonder as others here have for some time. Although he's not officially a POI in the Delphi case, he'd make a good one given what was said in the April PC. There are a number of unofficial POI's amongst us, but none would appear to fit that PC this well. My POI just does not fit that PC although he would be absolutely capable of the crime. And, many times a killer does not appear to be a killer and that's why they get away with it. JMO
Quoting my own post here, as I know there are holes in this theory too.

If it was MJS, why did the girls not recognize him? He was certainly well "wrapped up" in his jacket and hoody or hat or whatever, and he was avoiding looking up directly at them, but wouldn't someone have recognized the voice? I still struggle with the voice and Leazenby saying he recognized the voice or something to that effect. So, while he makes for a good POI, it still may not be him.

As a profiler mentioned the other day, did BG change his appearance under the guise of sprucing himself up for Valentine's Day. Turns up all clean shaven, fresh haircut. Was his marriage also floundering and would it appear he was making an effort?

All just speculation. Trying to make sense of the senseless act this crime was.

ETA: The profiler was John Kelly on Youtube

Last edited:

Absolutely 100% agree with this.

I actually wondered whether something happened between him and his young sister and thats why they were separated in different homes after the divorce. Perhaps that was the reason for the divorce.
But didn't his mother put up the bond?? If my son had molested my daughter (although I never had one), I seriously doubt I would do this given what he has been charged for. JMO

Abby's Facebook said she worked as a taste tester for The Pizza King in Flora. (It also said she worked as a taste tester for Pizza Hut. Pizza King has removed their Facebook page, so now it just says she worked at Pizza Hut.)

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here - but what a weird coincidence.
I would take that as a joke by Libby. A lot of kids post they work somewhere when they are clearly school kids. A group of local thugs had on their fb pages they worked for well know brand. They were video beating a young girl and people were petitioning the firm to sack them. They made an announcement that they were never associated with the company.

I would take that as a joke by Libby. A lot of kids post they work somewhere when they are clearly school kids. A group of local thugs had on their fb pages they worked for well know brand. They were video beating a young girl and people were petitioning the firm to sack them. They made an announcement that they were never associated with the company.

I've even seen adults-age people do that. Weird.

Also, does anyone else remember "B" Sandifur being a POI at the beginning? Apparently he listed a pocket knife on Letgo the day after the murders. Was there any more reason as to why he gained some people's attention?

I don’t think any Sandifur was a POI early on. But I do recall the name Sandifur being mentioned in a lot of the conversations/theories/rumors/discussions that were swirling around early on.

MOO "Taste tester" isn't really a job. It is more like being a friend of King Pizza. Probably involves free samples.
I have heard The Flora girls were also "taste testers." MOO Its a just a fun thing

just wondering who is the guy 2 people over on Carter's left (OUR right) giving a sideways glance. In the 2nd pic attached here. Anyone know? Curious.
Replying to myself... still wondering...is special agent Danny Youmara? Was he the one who was on scene early because he was visiting family in the area??

Quoting my own post here, as I know there are holes in this theory too.

If it was MJS, why did the girls not recognize him? He was certainly well "wrapped up" in his jacket and hoody or hat or whatever, and he was avoiding looking up directly at them, but wouldn't someone have recognized the voice? I still struggle with the voice and Leazenby saying he recognized the voice or something to that effect. So, while he makes for a good POI, it still may not be him.

As a profiler mentioned the other day, did BG change his appearance under the guise of sprucing himself up for Valentine's Day. Turns up all clean shaven, fresh haircut. Was his marriage also floundering and would it appear he was making an effort?

All just speculation. Trying to make sense of the senseless act this crime was.

Yes, to me, that is the one hole in this scenario. I know we don’t know exactly what the girls said on the bridge, or how they said it, but the general thinking seems to be that they did not know or recognize the BG.
But then that thinking doesn’t really jibe with the PC vibe and LE talking about the killer being from Delphi, etc; knowing his voice; etc. The indication from the PC is that this guy is known around town, and very possibly by a lot of people and possibly the girls.
Other people have talked about BG being “in disguise” and I never really latched on to that thinking. But now...I’m starting to wonder if maybe he was purposely “wrapped up”, as you say. Perhaps the girls didn’t recognize him until he had already crossed the bridge and pulled a weapon and they never said his name because of the chaos at that time. Just my speculation. Maybe trying too hard to make this work.

Yes, to me, that is the one hole in this scenario. I know we don’t know exactly what the girls said on the bridge, or how they said it, but the general thinking seems to be that they did not know or recognize the BG.
But then that thinking doesn’t really jibe with the PC vibe and LE talking about the killer being from Delphi, etc; knowing his voice; etc. The indication from the PC is that this guy is known around town, and very possibly by a lot of people and possibly the girls.
Other people have talked about BG being “in disguise” and I never really latched on to that thinking. But now...I’m starting to wonder if maybe he was purposely “wrapped up”, as you say. Perhaps the girls didn’t recognize him until he had already crossed the bridge and pulled a weapon and they never said his name because of the chaos at that time. Just my speculation. Maybe trying too hard to make this work.

They could have not recognized for a few reasons, if he was being a evasive. For instance he looked down and interested away from them when they looked back etc.

Ah, but maybe it does fit if John Kelly is right about BG cleaning himself up under the guise of a "new" look for his wife (or other)? NBG sketch shows a clean shaven, groomed man. I could see MJS looking like that with a little grooming, and not the "hot mess" as one of our friends here commented yesterday, the way he looked in his recent mug shot. Hmmmm, maybe it does fit. Grooming himself WAS the disguise :) JMO

Ah, but maybe it does fit if John Kelly is right about BG cleaning himself up under the guise of a "new" look for his wife (or other)? NBG sketch shows a clean shaven, groomed man. I could see MJS looking like that with a little grooming, and not the "hot mess" as one of our friends here commented yesterday, the way he looked in his recent mug shot. Hmmmm, maybe it does fit. Grooming himself WAS the disguise :) JMO

I can go with that!
I was not able to see any of the photos people say they saw of MJS before his “hot mess” mugshot. The ones that folks say look like the sketch. Wish I had.

My apologies for giving the impression I was sleuthing family last night with my reply.

I was trying to get a link to where it said Abby and Libby were supposed to meet someone. Where did this info come from?

Could that be the angle that LE moved away from at the beginning of the investigation? LE said at the beginning (paraphrase) know what your kids are doing/who they’re talking to, then they veered away from that. Maybe they were steered away from it....

~RIP M+J

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back