GUILTY UK - Shana Grice, 19, murdered at her Brighton home, 25 Aug 2016

I do not even get what the false statement was. If he assaulted her, it should not matter if they were in or had been in a relationship.

Exactly, have been in a relationship doesnt make her allegation false. And I can't believe he has the nerve to say even now that she committed a criminal offence! At least be a bit contrite..... And he gets to retire on his full pension.

An ex-PC committed misconduct by failing to investigate a teenager's claims she was being harassed by a former boyfriend who later killed her.

Trevor Godfrey told a disciplinary panel he believed Shana Grice's accusations against Michael Lane were a "smokescreen" to hide their affair.

The 19-year-old reported Lane to Sussex Police five times in the months before she was murdered in Brighton in 2016.

The panel found he had not committed gross misconduct.

Police misconduct over victim's stalking claims

A rogue police officer who failed to investigate stalking claims by a 'frightened teenager' who was later murdered is accused of further misconduct - as a hearing is told he messaged a vulnerable victim of crime through a dating app.

PC Jon Barry Mills was found guilty of gross misconduct after he failed to properly investigate claims of stalking and harassment by Shana Grice, 19, who was later murdered by her ex-lover.

Miss Grice had repeatedly reported her ex-partner Michael Lane, 27, to Sussex Police for stalking but was herself fined £90 for 'wasting police time' after she reported him for an assault.
upload_2019-9-2_15-12-14.jpeg
PC who failed to investigate stalking before 19-year-old's murder 'contacted a victim on dating app' | Daily Mail Online

In the UK, can a family file a wrongful death suit?

He said: “In my judgment, there were here prompt, independent inquiries initiated by the state of its own motion, which were effective, both in the manner in which they established the relevant facts and in the results they achieved, which provided a sufficient element of public scrutiny of the investigation or its results to secure proper accountability and which involved the family to the extent necessary to safeguard their legitimate interests.

“In my judgment the coroner was not only entitled to find that these inquiries satisfied Article 2; she was right to do so.”

Neil Hudgell of Hudgell Solicitors, who represented Ms Grice’s family, said in a statement: “This ruling is hugely disappointing.

“It is also unfortunate coming on Christmas Eve, when thoughts naturally turn to our loved ones.
Shana Grice parent's lose High Court bid for full inquest into her death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back