Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Festival to celebrate missing woman's birthday
"A festival is taking place to raise awareness of a woman who has been missing for six months.
[...]
Miss Croucher said the festival was giving her family "something to look forward to" at a difficult time.

Organiser Luke Coates said: "Leah's sister Jade told me that as the weeks go by people stop sharing things about Leah.

"This event is trying to get everyone together to raise awareness and hope.""

I'm surprised there doesn't appear to have been any news coverage of Leah's festival in MSM this week, i thought at least the MK Citizen would have been covering it.

Considering it was supposed to have raised awareness about Leah's disappearance and keep her fresh in everyone's mind the lack of coverage is very disappointing.

Someone has made a petition for leah on change.org I wasnt sure if we are allowed to link to it or not but should be easy enough to find. Its just to try raise more awareness with national news.

I'm surprised there doesn't appear to have been any news coverage of Leah's festival in MSM this week, i thought at least the MK Citizen would have been covering it.

Considering it was supposed to have raised awareness about Leah's disappearance and keep her fresh in everyone's mind the lack of coverage is very disappointing.

I'm also surprised, can't find any write up about it anywhere! Maybe it wasn't well attended?

Someone has made a petition for leah on change.org I wasnt sure if we are allowed to link to it or not but should be easy enough to find. Its just to try raise more awareness with national news.

I've just signed the petition, simply type in change.org leah croucher in Google and it will take you straight to the site.

Petition for more national MSM is over 1500 signatures this morning. Wonder if the family have raised it with them local Member of Parliament to see if they have any ideas in general on the situation. Of course, all missing people are important. I still find Leah’s case unusually baffling.

Someone somewhere knows more than they realise or more than they are letting on.

I think some more charity events have taken place over the weekend so hopefully at least the local newspapers will mention them so we can link them here.

Petition now at 1750+.

I wish there was some new ‘news’ . Even the local papers don’t seem to be producing anything. Another season nearly gone as we move towards autumn and children start returning to school.

I would be inclined to agree with them given all the facts.

A couple things stand out from the night before she disappeared:

• She went to visit someone, and it was later discovered she'd lied about who it was she had gone to see, and so far police and family have not been able to ascertain where she went or who she met, I believe it was for about 45mins to an hour she was gone.

• Leah turned off the location settings on her phone so her whereabouts could not be seen, the phone company said she'd never done this before.

Whatever was going on that evening must be directly linked to whatever has happened to her, it's frustrating that the 'crying girl by the lake' sighting doesn't appear to have been confirmed or ruled out as Leah (unless I've missed something, apologies if so), however it seems that particular sighting raises more questions than answers, particularly how she could have been using a phone when the provider maintains her phone has not been used since 8am that day and the sightings were at 10/11am. So why on earth would she have a secret one?

Could Leah have been involved in something illicit that was big enough that someone would cause her to disappear over it?

Could Leah have been the victim of an entirely random attack by a predator?

Could Leah have decided to run away in the heat of the moment, not packing or preparing beforehand and potentially with financial/practical assistance from a third party? And stay hidden all this time?

All just my own musings. So very much hoping for a positive outcome for Leah's poor family!

I would be inclined to agree with them given all the facts.

A couple things stand out from the night before she disappeared:

• She went to visit someone, and it was later discovered she'd lied about who it was she had gone to see, and so far police and family have not been able to ascertain where she went or who she met, I believe it was for about 45mins to an hour she was gone.

• Leah turned off the location settings on her phone so her whereabouts could not be seen, the phone company said she'd never done this before.

Whatever was going on that evening must be directly linked to whatever has happened to her, it's frustrating that the 'crying girl by the lake' sighting doesn't appear to have been confirmed or ruled out as Leah (unless I've missed something, apologies if so), however it seems that particular sighting raises more questions than answers, particularly how she could have been using a phone when the provider maintains her phone has not been used since 8am that day and the sightings were at 10/11am. So why on earth would she have a secret one?

Could Leah have been involved in something illicit that was big enough that someone would cause her to disappear over it?

Could Leah have been the victim of an entirely random attack by a predator?

Could Leah have decided to run away in the heat of the moment, not packing or preparing beforehand and potentially with financial/practical assistance from a third party? And stay hidden all this time?

All just my own musings. So very much hoping for a positive outcome for Leah's poor family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard