AZ AZ - Jesse Conger, 37, marine veteran, Scottsdale, 14 August 2019

I had to come see if there was anything new...:(. Each day this is looking worse and worse. Please let him be safe!
I wonder why his vehicle has NV plates? Rental? There are so many different state plates around the PHX area. That was one thing that stood out to me when I moved here. Some of it due to the rental cars, but so many people come here to winter and vacation all year round. So finding this particular plate wouldn't necessarily stand out to anyone.

Please think before you do anything Jesse. Think again. And again. Many people and resources are readily available to help you. I pray you stay safe.

I understand and agree with your comment. I hope this young man is safe.

Unfortunately there is no cure for depression or PTSD. Many people seek treatment over and over and over again. Remission is possible, but often not for long. Many people have tried so many prescription drugs and different therapies with little to no relief.

They knew he had bad depression and PTSD... when he stayed in bed for two days and would not talk to his GF... maybe someone should have stepped in - I can't imagine how hard this is for her but I kinda wish she had alerted someone else then, during that first day he did not get out of bed, which was reportedly out of character for him. I am not blaming anyone - this hurts all around for anyone who knows and loves this man... but we've got to do more for our veterans who suffer with PTSD, etc.

I hope there is news soon.

@BethAnn777 - I posted when you were posting and agree... but that's just not good enough, ya know? We (collectively, culturally) have to do something. There is no cure but there has to be a healthy way to manage PTSD... better that what we've got...

They knew he had bad depression and PTSD... when he stayed in bed for two days and would not talk to his GF... maybe someone should have stepped in - I can't imagine how hard this is for her but I kinda wish she had alerted someone else then, during that first day he did not get out of bed, which was reportedly out of character for him. I am not blaming anyone - this hurts all around for anyone who knows and loves this man... but we've got to do more for our veterans who suffer with PTSD, etc.

I hope there is news soon.

@BethAnn777 - I posted when you were posting and agree... but that's just not good enough, ya know? We (collectively, culturally) have to do something. There is no cure but there has to be a healthy way to manage PTSD... better that what we've got...

Agreed. More help, more support, etc. is needed. What exactly would actually help is the million dollar question. And then there is getting someone to accept the help. And if someone who suffers has ever reached out for help before and find themselves right back in the same spot again, it feels pointless. Speaking from experience, while it’s nice that someone cares and reaches out, if prescription drugs and therapy don’t help, it then feels very hopeless.

Last edited:
Sister makes emotional plea to veteran who went missing in Scottsdale

https://ktar.com/story/2709642/sist...a-to-missing-veteran-last-seen-in-scottsdale/

Bill Pulte
✔@pulte

NOW $30K DOLLAR REWARD
My wife and I sick to our stomachs about missing Combat Veteran Jesse. We’re now increasing THE REWARD to $30,000 CASH to the person who finds him LEES FERRY, AZ. Find our brother-in-arms!
2764.png
1f1fa-1f1f8.png

Agreed. More help, more support, etc. is needed. What exactly would actually help is the million dollar question. And then there is getting someone to accept the help. And if someone who suffers has ever reached out for help before and find themselves right back in the same spot again, it feels pointless. Speaking from experience, while it’s nice that someone cares and reaches out, if prescription drugs and therapy don’t help, it then feels very hopeless.

I think the best way to help are the organizations which are being formed by military veterans themselves who have gone through these same struggles themselves, and have overcome.

The veterans usually do not ever open up with their families or even friends who arent veterans.

The bond is never broken with other veterans though because they know only they can fully understand.

Thank goodness I have seen many such wonderful organizations being promoted on Fox News in recent months. These type of organizations formed by veterans themselves will save lives of many veterans.

All of them have military veterans who are in the medical, and mental health field, and every field needed who volunteer their services without it costing any veteran a dime.

Imo, only veterans who have struggled with the same things can help others or if they have served themselves.

The veterans will open up to them when they will not with others... even if they seek therapy from a nonveteran they feel the nonveteran therapists really cant relate to any of their struggles, and truthfully...they can't.

Jmho

Mark Love helped coordinate planes and a helicopter to search the area around Phoenix and popular lakes for Conger.

“It’s the right thing to do,” Love said, “and it’s important to bring them [the family] some closure for them to bring him home hopefully.”

The main goal is to locate Jesse Conger’s silver 2015 Toyota Camry with Nevada plates.

According to Love, multiple silver cars were seen during Wednesday’s flyover, which will need to be checked on the ground.

Wednesday’s search focused on areas Conger liked to go, such as Apache, Canyon and Roosevelt lakes.

A boat will be launched Thursday morning and the banks will be checked as well.
There is a Google map here where you can see where the family has already looked.

Search for missing Marine Jesse Conger takes to the skies

crap. if we knew he liked those lakes, why weren't we searching day 1 there? Just so sad... sounds to me like there might be no saving Jesse, but why not still hope, right? Tough day to search - the weather is awful - very hot (close to 110) and very humid. Plus, we had rain last night, churning up whatever is in the lakes...

Jesse was raised in Odgen, Utah, but had been living in Orem, Utah until shortly before he went missing, when he had moved to Scottsdale. The Michigan connection comes in from Pulte - the builder who put up the reward money. Pulte is very big out here but must also have a connection to Jesse or his family, to perhaps the military, or perhaps soldiers in this type of PTSD situation. Not sure on that connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back