Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

I guess they’ll announce this afterward Orange Sock’s PC but they added on their case updates that they’ve identified Philadelphia Jane Doe!!! So excited for them!
I saw that last night. I’m so excited and amazed at this new science. I can def see the next 10 years even more improvements and all but very few being identified. I’ve been bugging osbi ( Oklahoma state bureau of investigation) about the “lime lady” I’m hoping they got enough to upload this time. I’m going to bug them now about a skull that was found on some trails near where I live. It’s been years ago and idk even know if they are working too hard on it

I saw that last night. I’m so excited and amazed at this new science. I can def see the next 10 years even more improvements and all but very few being identified. I’ve been bugging osbi ( Oklahoma state bureau of investigation) about the “lime lady” I’m hoping they got enough to upload this time. I’m going to bug them now about a skull that was found on some trails near where I live. It’s been years ago and idk even know if they are working too hard on it
Lime Lady! Such an interesting case. DDP works as hard as they can on all of their cases, as seen on cases like Belle in the Well (10,000 hours!!!), so I have faith that Lime Lady will be identified this year or next year. She’s definitely waited long enough.

Agreed, the only does I can see not being identified through this method are:

1. Very old ones. Does from the 50s or earlier. These remains will be particularly tricky to get DNA from. Though you never know, maybe even these will be found some day through technology advancement.
2. Does which have been cremated. Some places had a policy of cremating does if they weren't identified within a set time frame, and unfortunately this means they'll probably never be identified unless it's through other means such as dentals taken prior to cremation.
3. Does whose remains have been lost. Either being lost in evidence boxes which have gone to the bottom of a very big pile, or in evidence boxes which have been lost in fire or flood damage etc. These does are unlikely to even be on any systems. Or, the does who have been buried but no record was made of where they were buried, so their bodies will be extremely difficult to locate (and identify as that particular doe).

But I think other than does in these particular circumstances, all does may one day be identified and bring their families closure.

I am thinking: now she is not missing anymore but her murder must be treated as a cold case. Should we open a new thread??

I am thinking: now she is not missing anymore but her murder must be treated as a cold case. Should we open a new thread??

No need. All discussions relevant to her case, including her murder and murderer can be here otherwise people can get lost if too many threads are open for one case. (in my humble opinion)

Basically we know these facts:
-According to officials, Jackson began working at Ramada Inn in Amarillo in 1978. Later that year, she then began working at an assisted living center called Burmont in Azle, Texas.
-Investigators learned Jackson's social security activity halted after 1979

Not much

Investigators are hoping the fog of time will clear enough for potential witnesses to point them to a suspect.

Abilene police shared Tuesday on Facebook the Williamson County request for information on the case. Jackson lived in Abilene in the 1970s and attended local schools, police said.

According to Williamson County sheriff's office, Jackson in 1978 worked at the Ramada Inn at 2508 E. Interstate 40 in Amarillo and then at Bur-Mont Inc. at 7150 Gantt Access Road in Azle. An Internet search indicates a nursing home is at that location today.
Investigators seek tips on Orange Socks victim now identified as Debra Jackson of Abilene

According to Williamson County sheriff's office, Jackson in 1978 worked at the Ramada Inn at 2508 E. Interstate 40 in Amarillo and then at Bur-Mont Inc. at 7150 Gantt Access Road in Azle. An Internet search indicates a nursing home is at that location t
Investigators seek tips on Orange Socks victim now identified as Debra Jackson of Abilene

The article says that Debra "Jackson also was known as Debra Louise Larned and Debra Louise Moon, the fflyer stated."

Why did she used those alias? Any clue about that?

I’d suspect she would use those aliases because she wouldn’t want any association with her family.

From the article about the type of job unknown in 1979, it is a real estate agency owned by one or more people. However, I do not know the exact job she was working in the agency. Hope this helps, though!

Basically we know these facts:
-According to officials, Jackson began working at Ramada Inn in Amarillo in 1978. Later that year, she then began working at an assisted living center called Burmont in Azle, Texas.
-Investigators learned Jackson's social security activity halted after 1979

Not much
Saying "not much" is not enough. What we know and have is almost nothing.
I think this case won't be easily solved, unfortunately...

It is amazing that when she disappeared nobody noticed it. I mean, not the family, but the people that worked with her. No one thought that it was weird that one day she did not come back???
I have always wondered that. I mean, she had to be staying somewhere in those couple years since she had seen her family. What about all of her stuff, clothes, books, etc.? Autopsy showed signs she may have been transient when she was found (unshaven legs, make shift pad). Could she have willingly left her job and place sometime before and had actually been homeless at the time of her death? What is the timeline for her case?

FWIW, I grew up very close to my brother. We had a loving family for the most part.,... we were loved, fed, clothed, a house over our heads. Nothing extravagant. We all grew up and have had long marriages and happy drug-free children who are raising great kids of their own so far. All except for my one brother who made very poor choices later in life. He was estranged from me and my other brother for years, but my mom and sister stayed in touch. All pretty normal living.

What I am getting at now is that he has not kept in touch with my one sister like he used to and we are assuming he doesn't want to. Nothing happened, just no contact. He supposedly moved to Mexico with a friend to start a restaurant, but if he went missing, no one in our family would ever know because we have no way to find him and he doesn't want to be found........ just my personal life experience why family may not have known where she was or what she was doing all those years.

I wish something was known about her last employer. When was her last check? Where were they located? If we knew where maybe someone would remember her....

I Googled the name of the company and I couldn't find anything, but then I Googled RE West....LOL...It's trucking company in Tennessee that incorporated in...wait for it...1979.....I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

About Us — R. E. West Transportation

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member