GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
- Amber Alert -
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania -
- Malani Johnson -
- Black / Female / 2 Years Old -
- Brown Eyes :: Black Hair -
- Black Shirt -
- Skirt with Floral Design -

8312019amber.jpg

Suspect:
Sharena Islam Nancy
Indian-American / Female / Age 25
Brown Eyes :: Black Hair

[Contribution # 6755
Thread # 471011]

Thread #1 - Found Deceased - PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how long it takes to determine the location of a cell phone ping?

If Nancy’s phone ping ultimately led police to the location at Pine Ridge Park, I cannot help but wonder if they had gotten there on Saturday night or Sunday, might Nalani have still been alive?

I realize autopsy will give a time of death, and we have so much more to learn.

But I can’t get this thought out of my head.
It takes awhile to get the warrant so they can have the cell records.

Alexis Johnson on Twitter
Reporting on a 5-month-old PFA against the father of Nalani Johnson when he was not named as a suspect nor has he been charged was wrong and irrelevant.
11:24 PM - 4 Sep 2019

I see her point.
However, the PFA paperwork had already been widely posted on SM and there had been speculation about it over the weekend.
Getting it out in the mainstream and addressing it openly is not necessarily a bad way to deal with this.
In this day of Google and SM it is pretty much impossible to hide ones past.

Reporting on a 5-month-old PFA against the father of Nalani Johnson when he was not named as a suspect nor has he been charged was wrong and irrelevant. Those seconds could have been used to dig into the background of the woman in custody charged with kidnapping that poor baby.
11:20 PM - 4 Sep 2019

With the information that authorities have given, the relationship between the baby's parents has nothing to do with the case. Police found no evidence of the claim that he planned to sell that child. So at that point there is no reason to report any incidents from his past
11:22 PM - 4 Sep 2019

All we know for sure is he is a grieving parent. That is all that was proven up until this point. So why blast an expired PFA and details of threats he made 5 months prior to the kidnapping when there is someone charged. That was irresponsible

She says 5 month old PFA like it was ancient history. I’m sorry but where there’s smoke, there’s fire. He may not necessarily been directly responsible but exposing your child to freaks is not decent parenthood.

Reporting on a 5-month-old PFA against the father of Nalani Johnson when he was not named as a suspect nor has he been charged was wrong and irrelevant. Those seconds could have been used to dig into the background of the woman in custody charged with kidnapping that poor baby.

With the information that authorities have given, the relationship between the baby's parents has nothing to do with the case. Police found no evidence of the claim that he planned to sell that child. So at that point there is no reason to report any incidents from his past

All we know for sure is he is a grieving parent. That is all that was proven up until this point. So why blast an expired PFA and details of threats he made 5 months prior to the kidnapping when there is someone charged. That was irresponsible
I’m guessing that is a relative of his due to the last name? I think she’s focused on the wrong thing at this moment in time a beautiful little girl has lost her life in an horrendous way that is what matters regardless of wether it was irrelevant or not his past has been made public what’s irresponsible is him ever having custody of that child after the threats he made towards his daughter calling it an expired PFA and saying it was 5 months ago is making light of a serious situation. Only 5 months ago he held a gun to his own head with his daughter in the back seat so to me it is relevant Nalani should never have been in his care

I’m guessing that is a relative of his due to the last name? I think she’s focused on the wrong thing at this moment in time a beautiful little girl has lost her life in an horrendous way that is what matters regardless of wether it was irrelevant or not his past has been made public what’s irresponsible is him ever having custody of that child after the threats he made towards his daughter calling it an expired PFA and saying it was 5 months ago is making light of a serious situation. Only 5 months ago he held a gun to his own head with his daughter in the back seat so to me it is relevant Nalani should never have been in his care

From what I can tell not a relative. Looks like a very minor (see insignificant) media (op-Ed etc) member in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
If the genders were reversed we would be saying why did this mother let her partner have access to her child why didn’t this mother safeguard and protect her child why didn’t this mother take notice of the warning signs why did this mother put her relationship before the safety of her child it’s the same thing Nancy’s neighbour said she’s “not right” her own husband couldn’t even say he new definitely she would not have kidnapped a child so Nalanis father new what kind of crazy that woman was and still brought that danger into his daughters life he was incapable of safe guarding and protecting his child and that is why she is no longer here as her father he does have to take some responsibility because he brought that evil into his daughters life

So are you saying he told his mom he knew her but his mom lied and said he didn’t?
I don’t know what he told LE, but his mother said he didn’t know her. So either he lied to his mom or his mom lied to the media.
I’d say it’s more likely he lied than she did. The lame possible excuse of him not wanting his mom to know about the relationship is stupid, because when your precious baby daughter has been kidnapped you do not lie. To anyone. For any reason.

I was asking you what the intent of your OP (original post was), as a few have asked what makes your original statement “factual”. I stated nothing as fact but threw out ideas trying to interpret your post.
This was to have an open dialogue of possible scenarios. Right, wrong, indifferent beyond what any of us would do.
Throwing out ideas is neither “lame or stupid”. Some of us after a few asks still weren’t clear where you got your information, or if it was your opinion. If you aren’t clear or have a link to provide said facts, all people can do is speculate and throw out scenarios, none of which should be ridiculed.
This is a complex, confusing and understandably emotionally charged case. I apologize for seeking clarification as I thought perhaps you saw something in MSM that I did not.

Is this person serious? If so, it is this kind of mentality that gets children killed. Ignoring glaring red flags relevant to the care or lack thereof, history of abuse, bad judgment, etc. is how these poor kids fall through the cracks and end up dead. Of course it should have been reported! His role needs to be exposed too! The baby didn't end up in that woman's car by herself! So sick of this. Moo.
ETA: Also this "reporter" should lose her job due to being a complete idiot. Why give these people a platform.

IMOO, if those neighbors were home and a car pulled through and dumped a child, and that child was a living, breathing, scared child screaming for hours most likely, they WOULD have heard her screaming. I follow the sound of a baby's cry if it is out of place even in public. By her age they usually have the highest pitched squeal too. It is 2nd nature: "alert, alert, alert, baby human in need" I'm waiting on the autopsy I am not convinced Nalani was not already harmed somehow. This is so disturbing I cant accept her dieing of exposure and dehydration yet, I sorry.

Is this person serious? If so, it is this kind of mentality that gets children killed. Ignoring glaring red flags relevant to the care or lack thereof, history of abuse, bad judgment, etc. is how these poor kids fall through the cracks and end up dead. Of course it should have been reported! His role needs to be exposed too! The baby didn't end up in that woman's car by herself! So sick of this. Moo.
I thought exactly the same thing the enablers are already crawling out the wood work
ETA: Also this "reporter" should lose her job due to being a complete idiot. Why give these people a platform.
absolutely correct

:cool: Just because there isn’t a clapping emoji here.

Well, here's the thing - what if, she really told the truth and gave Nalani to someone? This hit the news somewhat early, if she really did what she says she did, the person who had Nalani could have gotten scared and left her in the park. Or she might have left Nalani at the park for someone to pick her up. Just saying... because why leave the baby in the park?
I’m thinking along these lines as well. It seems because of the phone pings that Nancy was most likely the one to drop her at the park, but who knows what the plan was after that. I have trouble believing “leave girl to die in woods” was how it was intended to go. The story about selling Nalani seems too far fetched to be entirely fabricated (one of those little truth to every just kidding things), so it wouldn’t surprise me if human trafficking somehow plays a roll. But then again, Nancy is a complete whackadoo, so really anything is possible. The sane minds we all have will never be able to understand or rationalize the thoughts and actions of the insane minds of these perps.

IMOO, if those neighbors were home and a car pulled through and dumped a child, and that child was a living, breathing, scared child screaming for hours most likely, they WOULD have heard her screaming. I follow the sound of a baby's cry if it is out of place even in public. By her age they usually have the highest pitched squeal too. It is 2nd nature: "alert, alert, alert, baby human in need" I'm waiting on the autopsy I am not convinced Nalani was not already harmed somehow. This is so disturbing I cant accept her dieing of exposure and dehydration yet, I sorry.

Unless she was already weak and dehydrated from not being properly cared for prior to this all going down. Just a thought. If the adults were sidetracked all day, when really was her last meal or drink? Was she sick? Or was she given something to make her sleep? We still don’t know what was in SN hand in the Sheetz picture.

IMHO, I truly don't think it was dehydration and I could be completely wrong. There are always quite a few stories where little ones are found alive after being lost in the woods for days by themselves or God forbid home alone for days with deceased overdosed parents. I believe Nalani would have screaming, crying, and pitching a hissy fit when Nancy drove off with her. IMO, somewhere along the line Nancy suffocated her to shut her up, and set her out in the woods. If Nalani had been alive where she was found, the neighbor(s) would have heard it. Any area dogs would have heard her and barked like nuts alerting their owners. Remember the case last year or so in Pgh where mom filmed herself suffocating son and sent it to the dad telling him he better come check on his son? She told the dad...he looks like he's sleeping. I guess meaning not a scratch on him. MOO

It's looking more and more to me like Nancy just drove off in a mad rage with the baby,and the baby started screaming and crying ,so she took it off into a secluded area,suffocated her to quiet her and left her in the woods to die.I think the police mention of "individuals" was because they won't know for certain the cause of death till the full autopsy report is made,and the possibility of other evidence that may come into light.As for why these crazy people do stuff like this?They turn their anger into sadness because sadness is easier to deal with maybe?They just lack the ability to deal with anger issues.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back