SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

I did not discuss what was said in what was removed but i think down to what has been removed must be some kind of involvement. I did state it was impossible to take off my last comment but it was.... I have no further comment on this case as its chosen comments only. Why... who knows. All may not be as innocent as it seems. Again thats just an opinion.

I will re word and see if this stays on. In first few appeals no mention of purchasing a property was mentioned..... why was this mentioned at a later stage ? Buying a property is a big deal so why suggest it was just a holiday.... then forget to state it was to look for property...

I will re word and see if this stays on. In first few appeals no mention of purchasing a property was mentioned..... why was this mentioned at a later stage ? Buying a property is a big deal so why suggest it was just a holiday.... then forget to state it was to look for property...
I dont think buying a property is the relevant point. The relevant point is they may have had a large amount of cash on their persons which could have bearing on the motive for their disappearance. JMO

I dont think buying a property is the relevant point. The relevant point is they may have had a large amount of cash on their persons which could have bearing on the motive for their disappearance. JMO
I find it a bit weird that they had planned to pay a property with cash. Normal thing to do here in Spain is to pay with a bank transfer. Never heard of people buying a property with cash unless in circunstances where for some reason the money was obtained by illegal means, not saying its the case here but just that seems very weird, and very dangerous too, to be on the street with so many money on yourself.

I find it a bit weird that they had planned to pay a property with cash. Normal thing to do here in Spain is to pay with a bank transfer. Never heard of people buying a property with cash unless in circunstances where for some reason the money was obtained by illegal means, not saying its the case here but just that seems very weird, and very dangerous too, to be on the street with so many money on yourself.

BBM

C'mon, you know better than that. Every 'how to buy property in Spain' page warns against the practice of paying part of the price under the table, and would they do that if it did not happen?

BBM

C'mon, you know better than that. Every 'how to buy property in Spain' page warns against the practice of paying part of the price under the table, and would they do that if it did not happen?
Exactly! I already gave the example of selling my property in Madrid for half bank mortgage money and half cash under the table. It happens all the time.

Exactly! I already gave the example of selling my property in Madrid for half bank mortgage money and half cash under the table. It happens all the time.
Well i have lived in Spain all my life and i have never heard or such a thing. Maybe of paying a car repair under the table, or paying a house reform under the table. But never of paying a property under the table because that its highly illegal and you can get in very bad trouble with the law for doing that. And by the way i dont think you should admit that you commited a crime on the internet, its really easy to find a person by their ip adress.

Well i have lived in Spain all my life and i have never heard or such a thing. Maybe of paying a car repair under the table, or paying a house reform under the table. But never of paying a property under the table because that its highly illegal and you can get in very bad trouble with the law for doing that. And by the way i dont think you should admit that you commited a crime on the internet, its really easy to find a person by their ip adress.

Again, you can read better than that. No one says ALL of the property would be paid cash, but PART of the price may well be paid under the table.

So you’re Spanish? I’m shocked that you’ve never heard of it because I lived there for years (born there, mother’s whole side of family from there and husband also from there). It was the way things were done in Madrid and also in the Basque Country. Not always obviously but it was one way to get around homes that were “rent protected” or however you call it in English. It was also a way to spend the dinero negro that many workers earned by not charging customers IVA or providing receipts. The government knew about it. There were articles in El Pais, El Mundo and even ABC about the “black” underground economy and how it would affect their status in the EU.

Again, you can read better than that. No one says ALL of the property would be paid cash, but PART of the price may well be paid under the table.
I read perfectly fine, and i am saying that paying even a part in cash if you are doing that to avoid paying taxes its illegal, sure some people may do it with legally obtained money, but the reason they do it its still to avoid taxes and that is still a crime. But buying a house in cash is usually more asociated with money launderers and people that get the money from illegal activities like selling drugs. If Daniel and Liam really had cash to buy a house with them when they went missing i think police should look into it, specially where that money had come from. And even if they just wanted to do a little tax evasion but the money was earned legaly having so many money on them could have put them at risk for a robbery.

So you’re Spanish? I’m shocked that you’ve never heard of it because I lived there for years (born there, mother’s whole side of family from there and husband also from there). It was the way things were done in Madrid and also in the Basque Country. Not always obviously but it was one way to get around homes that were “rent protected” or however you call it in English. It was also a way to spend the dinero negro that many workers earned by not charging customers IVA or providing receipts. The government knew about it. There were articles in El Pais, El Mundo and even ABC about the “black” underground economy and how it would affect their status in the EU.

I never experienced it first hand no. I was once offered to pay a small house reform this way, but thats it. I would never risk buying a house "in black", the fiscal autorities take their job pretty seriously, specially in recent years since the economic crisis.

jy8i6uxfjaizivgfj02m.jpg

From left to right: Liam Poole and Daniel Poole
Emotional appeal for information on Daniel and Liam Poole

https://www.lbtrust.org/single-post/2019/04/01/Daniel-and-Liam-Poole
Daniel and Liam Poole

April 1, 2019
"Estepona, Spain
Father and son Daniel (46) and Liam (22) Poole travelled to Malaga on 31st March 2019 and after hiring a car, travelled to Estepona, in Southern Spain.
They were last in touch with family on 1st April and were last seen in Estepona on this day.
Daniel is 5ft 9ins tall and of stocky build. He has short, greying hair, a full, short grey beard and blue eyes
Liam is 6ft tall and of medium build. He has short, light brown hair, full, short brown beard and blue eyes.
Do you have any information?:
From the UK you can call our central freephone information line on
0800 098 8485. Calls are free from landlines but may be charged from mobiles.
From overseas you can call +44800 098 8485 but this will incur costs. Please check before you call.
Alternatively you may prefer to email any information to ops@lbtrust.org
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence."

I think it's likely that whatever money they had with them was not for buying a property.

The amount has never been specified publicly, not its origin. Some were told the money was for a downpayment on a house, according to others, the money allegedly might have been for a car. If Daniel and Liam had others plans, a wad of cash may have come in useful as it would not leave a digital trace.

Be as it may, the first priority should be to find the two men.

Could also been that they were on the wrong place at the wrong time.
Just read a disturbing article on msm, seems to me that criminals are getting bolder by the minute :

"If you call the police, I kill you"
Dozens of beachgoers were sunbathing unsuspectingly when suddenly a gang of drug smugglers stormed the beach and loaded large loads of drugs into a speedboat. While the criminals loaded the drugs, eyewitnesses were told they would be killed if they call the police.
The criminals took less than 3 minutes to transport the drugs and escape by speedboat from the beach at the tourist resort of Estepona. The smugglers ran back and forth from the car to the boat and threw the drugs in the back, almost tripping over unsuspecting sunbathers."
Toeristen Costa del Sol verrast door drugscriminelen | PrimeCrime.nl

Exactly my point was that this was not mentioned from beginning. So to complete strangers this is a risk ... but again seems bit odd that a holiday all sudden turned to property search ... yes these people are missing but we can only go by version of events. . .

The amount has never been specified publicly, not its origin. Some were told the money was for a downpayment on a house, according to others, the money allegedly might have been for a car. If Daniel and Liam had others plans, a wad of cash may have come in useful as it would not leave a digital trace.

Be as it may, the first priority should be to find the two men.
Of course but to appeal that they gone missing while on holiday...... then later stating a property search is two different means and reasons for travel.... dont you think..... seems bit of a change of plan after applying were just holidaying.....

Exactly so why
Exactly so why apeal if they already knew it was for property but fail to mention this...... cash or not a holiday and a property search two different means of travel.....why state traveling here and reporting missing but then failing to mention any property search from begining.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back