NM NM - Holly Alcott White, 49, Taos, 5 May 2016

This interview gave me the impression the husband is really trying to suggest theories that don't involve him. Seems like he's overdoing it, IMO. Maybe the reporter is extra thorough, maybe I'm reading too much into it... But too much him, him, him and not enough Holly. Plus him being at work the next day, "no big deal"? I wonder whether the move was originally planned for only one of the spouses... JMO, just speculating.
I did notice in her Facebook that publicly there were not pictures of her and him...just female friends/family. Could mean nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

http://www.taosnews.com/stories/missing-taos-womans-spouse-takes-polygraph-pi-fields-questions,38016

Although the case never evolved into a criminal one, Jeff White, Holly White's husband, recently took – and passed – a polygraph test in the hope that at least one theory can now be dispelled: that he was somehow involved.

Elaine Graves, the private investigator who has been working with New Mexico State Police on the missing person case and a former Taos resident herself, administered the test and recently shared the news in an interview with The Taos News.

At 50 years old, Holly Alcott White went missing from Taos in May 2016. A year and a half later, those closest to her are not giving up hope that they might see their loved one again.

Friends and family have been tracking development through a Facebook page titled “Find Holly White.” It's designed to solicit clues or leads about her disappearance. Just over a week ago, they've announced a new $20,000 reward for information that leads to her whereabouts.

Holly White didn't leave any indication she was going anywhere,” said Detective Barry Holfelder with the Taos Police Department.

http://amp.kob.com/new-mexico-news/search-continues-missing-woman-holly-alcott-white-taos/4681790/

https://m.facebook.com/findhollywhite/
020769b30de696ef091ed4d6c7e5b0db.jpg

This interview gave me the impression the husband is really trying to suggest theories that don't involve him. Seems like he's overdoing it, IMO. Maybe the reporter is extra thorough, maybe I'm reading too much into it... But too much him, him, him and not enough Holly. Plus him being at work the next day, "no big deal"? I wonder whether the move was originally planned for only one of the spouses... JMO, just speculating.
I agree with you. It seems he is coming up with theories that can exclude him from the whole picture. Plus why does he seems to be so hung up on her having an affair? Does he know more than he is saying?

I also think that where they found her car can maybe be a set up, to let everyone to believe she maybe jumped off the bridge.

Dont like the sound of this....everything is pure my speculation.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Taos is my neck of the woods...

I find it interesting that LE has ruled out: suicide & walking away from her life

That leaves: abduction/murder: not officially investigated as such because of a lack of evidence - but it's the ONE option left that has NOT been ruled out

Holly was abducted &/or murdered

First: IMO there is zero doubt that her car at the Gorge bridge is staging. Which suggests premeditation versus a crime of passion

If there is no evidence of foul play: suggests her home had nothing out of order, no signs of struggle, no blood, etc.: which suggests she knew or was familiar, comfortable with the perp & possibly was led away (there are methods of death that might not be 'seen': ie, strangulation: if controlled: quite possible no evidence)

Unless the perp lives near the gorge bridge then there is an accomplice - the bridge is not walking distance to Taos, it's fairly remote, light traffic (probably nonexistent at night), no 'busses' etc: this is fairly rural NM

After dropping off her car: the perp had a ride (ie, accomplice) OR they were capable of walking home

Now: who's the perp?:

could be some psycho who lives near the bridge & has a fantasy based on the fact that leaving a car there & a person missing: very strong chance you'll get away with it: everyone will think they jumped

Holly was targeted: presumably someone she knew, but possible she was quietly led away in the night with zero evidence left in the house

JW, her husband, kept talking about an affair - this seems to stem mostly (speculation) from a neighbor saying they saw a Toyota Solara in the driveway at 7am that morning......
Now, if JW was lying about the neighbor: that's easy for LE to verify

If the neighbor was lying.....??? Because, one profile of a perp is one who has a close eye on her, knows her routines, knows JW is not there. I'd like to know where this information about this car went...?

My three theories:

Someone near bridge - fantasy about pulling a type of killing like this off - targets and/or knows HW

Maybe she was having an affair: it's the end of the affair - she's leaving to Albuquerque, he decides if he can't have her: no one will (again, this would be premeditated)

JW never intended her to join him in Albq - it's @ 2:15 drive each way - depending on type of car: fill up in Albq, & don't have to stop for gas, can make round trip

Targeted by someone she knew, possibly could be a neighbor, motive: heck if I know.

Now, aside from theory #1: there is an accomplice. I just don't see anyone walking back to town/Taos from the gorge: it's a long walk

Sorry long-winded: main things:
1) Pre-meditated, the staging at gorge bridge & especially as her body has not been found, she could also be alive but captive, otherwise the perp knew exactly where to put her

2) Most likely a known person

3) LE ruled out suicide and 'walking away'

BTW: another quick aside: she walked (working on memory here) - either every day or certain days of the week without fail with this friend (if not mistaken possibly for year(s)): her friend was concerned immediately - it just wasn't like her to not show up or contact her to cancel

Plus there was a going away party for her that night...

Point being: two circumstances wherein there would be concern/suspicion about her pretty much pronto:

Does this suggest a perp who did NOT know her?

OR

A perp who did, & wanted her to be 'missing' sooner rather than later...?

Also: the neighbor said the Solara was in driveway @ 7am - & a person at the gorge (from understand one of the vendors who sell stuff to tourists) said her SUV was there when they arrived at 6:15 am

JMO

Holly Alcott White – The Charley Project

white_holly.jpg
white_holly2.jpg
white_holly3.jpg
white_holly4.jpg
white_holly5.jpg

Missing Since 05/06/2016
Missing From Taos, New Mexico
Classification Missing
Sex Female
Race White
Date of Birth 08/11/1966 (53)
Age 49 years old
Height and Weight 5'11, 200 - 275 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. White's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
White was last seen in Taos, New Mexico on May 6, 2016. She came home from work and spoke to her husband, and spent some time online talking to friends. The next day she was supposed to meet a friend; they went for a walk in the park every weekday.

When White didn't showed up, her friend went to her house to check on her. She was gone, and her purse was inside the house; she normally took it to the park with her. Later that day, White's blue Ford Escape was found parked at the west end of the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, which spans the the Taos Gorge.

Authorities don't believe White's husband was involved in her case; he passed a polygraph and he wasn't even in Taos at the time she she disappeared. He described their marriage as happy and states he doesn't think White was having an affair or that she would have taken her own life without leaving a note or left without telling anyone. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

May 7 2020 rbbm.
What happened to Holly White?
By John Miller
''Another year has passed and Holly White's disappearance in May 2016 remains one of Taos County's most vexing unsolved mysteries.

New Mexico State Police now considers the question of whatever happened to the former office manager for the Taos Center for the Arts to be a cold case, but Elaine Graves, the private investigator who has been looking for White for nearly four years, says she'll "never stop looking for Holly."

It's a job she says she can't do alone. Every year around the anniversary of White's disappearance, she urges the Taos community to send her any new information that might result in a break in the case.

"I know it’s been awhile, but think back to around the time of Cinco de Mayo, around the time of Mother’s Day in 2016," Graves said, "and just try and remember what you were doing and if anything seemed odd or out of place or anything like that. I’ll take anything at this point. Even if you don’t think it’s important, it could be a piece of the puzzle that I’m sitting here waiting for that nobody knows is important but me."

In recent months Graves has been searching through White's phone and computer data, hoping to find something – a telling Google search, perhaps – that might hint at what happened to White. Did she commit suicide? Did she deliberately disappear? Did someone kill White? Graves has considered all possibilities, but like everything else that has seemed like a lead in the past, nothing on White's phone or computer has turned up any clue as to what happened to White four years ago.

Graves, who grew up in Taos and runs her private investigation business out of Santa Fe, was first hired to search for White six months after she was reported missing on May 6, 2016, well after the first 48 hours when professionals consider it at all likely a missing person will be found alive.

At the time, White was a few months from turning 50 and was planning to move to Albuquerque to join her husband, Jeff White, after many years in Taos. She had a new job waiting for her in the city and a farewell party was planned for her at the TCA, where she had worked for 22 years. The morning she went missing, White had been scheduled to go for a walk with her close friend, Cynthia Arvidson, but never made it.

In her home in Taos, law enforcement found many personal belongings. White's purse was in the kitchen. Her dog was also still in the house.

When White's blue Ford Escape was found parked in the Río Grande Gorge Bridge parking lot, her disappearance seemed to have a simple explanation: that she must have jumped to her death at the high bridge, which many other people have done throughout the years. But unlike those other cases, White's body could never be found. Several searches of the canyon and its surroundings – and many river rafting trips since – have turned up no sign of White's remains in the water or on the riverbanks.

Around a half-dozen searches for White have been conducted over the years, including one Graves organized in Taos Canyon with cadaver dogs, but none have been successful.

"I do get really, really frustrated at times," Graves said. "There’s such a roller coaster of emotions and frustration is just what keeps coming up. There’s frustration. There’s disappointment. Sometimes it’s just tough to go forward, especially when you’re working with the families. Their hearts have been ripped out. Unlike law enforcement, [which] can keep at a distance, I’m in the middle of it. To this day, four years later, I talk to Holly’s dad maybe every other day. We’re still close."

It would be very dramatic if Holly's car was in fact parked at the bridge to suggest through staging that she committed suicide, reminded of Holly's powerful position at the TCA and of the sometimes bitter rivalry , competition and disappointment associated with the performing arts.....
imo, speculation, fwiw.
onstage | Taos Center for the Arts
''The TCA stage hosts a variety of theatre, music, dance, workshops, readings and presentations throughout the year. Our 36-foot proscenium arch frames an 1,100 square foot stage equipped with drapes and a lighting system to serve all kinds of productions, activities, and events.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back