Found Deceased UK - Joy Morgan, 20, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, 26 Dec 2018 *arrest*

Joy Morgan: Fellow church member jailed for student's murder Man jailed for murdering fellow church member

Judge Michael Soole said Israel's "cruel and cowardly" refusal to reveal her whereabouts caused "continuing distress and suffering" to her family.
Sentencing Israel to life with a minimum of 17 years, the judge said: "Only you know the circumstances of your terrible deed and why you did it.

I don't recall hearing of Joy before despite reading the paper and watching the news daily.

One would think this would be perfect daily mail coverage.

Poor kid, so young and isolated from her family and peers.

I don't recall hearing of Joy before despite reading the paper and watching the news daily.

One would think this would be perfect daily mail coverage.

Poor kid, so young and isolated from her family and peers.

The DM however posts about a missing sister of a Baking Star who probably not want her private life in the news, albeit a very real medical/women's problem is highlighted. A "church" woman who is black and murdered gets less attention it seems. We still have so little information it makes you wonder if any journalist went to court. Joy, whatever her background or beliefs deserved as much attention as any other missing or murdered person. The only comment I have seen from her church is a guy on Youtube who was pretty incomprehensible. At least when the Jesus Army who recently disbanded due to allegations of abuse acknowledged past mistakes and did not cover up. I am not justifying stuff there either but ALL churches need to be open to remain credible.

Is anyone else but me feeling 17 years is too little?

It is too little.

In all honesty, no sentence is long enough, ever but, it IS as @Cherwell says, 17 years minimum. He can't apply for parole until he's served 17 years at least and THEN let's hope the parole board implement 'Helens Law' where parole is automatically refused unless he tells authorities where Joy's remains are.
No remains = no release.

An IUIC member sent me this link in messenger.

It's IUIC's reaction to the guilty verdict.

Dear IUIC family,

We want to bring you up to date regarding the disappearance of Sister Joy Morgan and the subsequent Criminal Trial of Shohfah-El Israel that began on July 8, 2019 in Reading, UK.

Sister Joy joined IUIC London in late 2015 and has always been a beloved valued member of the congregation. When Joy joined IUIC she was very shy and reserved and overtime grew into a confident, jovial young woman who loved dancing whenever the opportunity arose. Joy has played a key role in the growth of the organization, particularly the children's study classes and was well respected by her peers, students and congregation members. Within a short space of time of joining the congregation, she was hands on always willing to help where needed. Joy not being around us has left a void in our hearts and we miss her dearly.

As we have seen, people in the congregation that have appeared to be grounded have left without any notice. Joy appeared to fall into this category (touched on by Judge Michael Soole below). Although her profile was removed from the telegram groups she was a part of, her status was still displaying ‘online’ when members of the congregation were trying to contact her. All indication pointed to her leaving the church or wanting time away, not being in danger. Leadership and members of the congregation attempted to contact Sister Joy on multiple occasions when she was removed from Telegram, and when it was established that she was officially missing, extensive searches and flyer missions were carried out in the UK, Netherlands, France and Germany.

Today, Monday 5th August, 2019 Shohfah-El Israel was found guilty of the murder of Joy Morgan and has been sentenced to a minimum 17 years in prison. He is no longer a member of Israel United In Christ.

Shohfah-El's conduct throughout the investigation and trial has been nothing short of disgraceful and is not in line with church principles. His actions along with constant lying and deceit to the authorities and IUIC leadership has caused distress to both Joy's family and her Church members.

We want to make this clear to everyone; instructions were given on several occasions to the congregation members that they should not drop members of the opposite sex home by themselves under any circumstances without first getting approval from leadership, this was mentioned directly to Shohfah-El more than once which he acknowledged. Throughout court proceedings it has emerged that contrary to the instructions given by leadership, Shohfah-El had broken this rule on more than one occasion. Between 26th December and 28th December, unknown to the church leadership he, after multiple interviews with the police admitted to being alone with Sister Joy and according to his testimony also spent the two days alone with her at his Cricklewood accommodation. The church leaders condemn and will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of our members. Rules are put in place to protect our members from falling into harm.

In Judge Michael Soole's summary whilst passing sentence he mentioned the following points to Shohfah-El Israel:

• On the 26th December 2018 IUIC held a special appreciation dinner at Ilford. This was to thank a number of members including Joy for their work.
• You and your wife collected her from Hatfield and drove her to Ilford and at the end of the evening drove her back to your home in Luton where she was to stay the night.
• On your account you were meant to return to Cricklewood on your own. It seems that Joy then wished to return to Hatfield that night and then a fresh plan was made for you to return her to Hatfield before driving onto Cricklewood.
• As you knew it was contrary to strict rules of the IUIC for a church brother to be alone with a church sister who is not his wife.
• Joy did not attend the next Sabbath meeting on the 29th December that was because as the jury has found she was dead and had been murdered by you.
• In your discussion with the missing persons officer and your initial interview by the police you repeatedly stated that the last time you had seen Joy Morgan was when you dropped her off home in Hatfield on the night of 26th/27th December. That lie was exposed by the cell site evidence which demonstrated that yours and Joy's mobile phones both went to Cricklewood that night.
• You then admitted you had driven her to Cricklewood and sought to explain your lie on the basis that you had been concerned about the reaction of the church and the fact you had been alone with her in the Cricklewood flat.
• You initially denied you had the keys to Joy's home in Hatfield. When a set of keys to the communal front door and her room was belatedly found in your car you changed your account. Your story even suggested that Joy had a spare set of keys cut and put in your car and you did not realise she had done so.
• More cell sites and AMPR evidence then emerged of movements in your Honda car in the early hours of the following night, back and forth between Cricklewood, Hatfield, Stevenage and Luton. The jury has rejected your explanation for these journeys.
• Your evidence that you returned Joy Morgan to her Hatfield home on the evening of the 28th December and you were insistent that you were surprised as anyone by her removal that evening from the church Telegram group. In attempt to cover your tracks you evidently removed her from that link to the church and had done so in confidence.
• This is the principle reason for the delay in nearly 6 weeks before Joy's disappearance was reported to the police.
• To protect your insistence that you looked upon Joy as a daughter is further demonstrated by your failure to make any such report.
• Your own calls and messages to Joy's phone and your participation in visits to the Hatfield property and university to try and find her were all part of your charade.
• Only you know the circumstances or details of why you did it.
• Repeated and extensive searches focused on the areas in the Hertfordshire countryside mainly related to the cell site and AMPR evidence have found no body.
• Exhaustive searches of the various properties and your car revealed no forensic evidence. You are evidently an intelligent man and have said nothing beyond the lies and explanations which the jury have rejected.
• The court has heard the most moving personal statement from Joy's mother Carol Morgan who speaks of Joy's warm, loving, and caring personality and character and in particular her deep pride in her daughter's achievement in obtaining a place at university and in her vocation of midwifery.
• On top of all this must be known in particular the continuing distress and suffering which shows your cruel and cowardly silence about Joy Morgan's final resting place.

IUIC's thoughts are with Joy's family and commend their strength and resilience throughout this painful ordeal.

We would like to thank the police authorities for their support and constant communication/updates throughout the process, and again urge the public to come forth with any information related to the case.

Throughout this ordeal, we have taken and received unwarranted threats of bodily harm against our members. The safety of our men, women and children remain our first concern. We take all threats seriously.

The threats made against us are without basis and/or facts and accuse that IUIC London is involved in Joy’s disappearance or has withheld information from investigating authorities pertinent to the investigation. None of such fabrications are true. Resultingly, and because of the buffoonery, vile comments and accusations, we are now presenting the following direct statements from local investigating authorities. We have since the beginning of this ordeal, and continue, to provide voluntarily information relevant to this investigation.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019
"I know from our previous conversations that you are aware that we, the police, have never said or implied there is any involvement of the church." DC Yolanda Morales-Willis, Major Crime Unit, Southern Team

Tuesday, February 26, 2019
"We are aware of what is being posted on social media. I can say that everyone we have approached, who is a member of the church, has been co-operative. Having spoken to several of them personally, I don’t feel anyone is withholding information. Generally when we, as police, speak to people in general, there is sometimes a bit of reticence which I think comes simply because people are asked to speak about family/friends/associates and they question themselves as to whether they are saying the right things, or they don’t want to say anything that puts someone in a bad light. It can be uncomfortable for people and we accept that. But as far as I’m concerned everyone has been co-operative." DC Yolanda Morales-Willis, Major Crime Unit, Southern Team

Importantly, all persons in IUIC London with any knowledge relevant to this investigation have been in constant contact with the lead investigator and voluntarily provided information to help with this investigation.

Monday, February 25, 2019
"Thank you for all the information you’ve sent, it’s really helpful." And, "[t]hanks for the screen shots and the information." DC Yolanda Morales -Willis, Major Crime Unit, Southern Team

Due to the lies spread on social media by, ignorant and vile buffoons, our children, women and men are placed in danger. Subsequently, the local police have reached out to us to offer protection. Here's the email:

"Great speaking with you earlier. Just a gentle reminder any issues this weekend please call 999 immediately if you feel it is an immediate threat to you or your congregation. I wish you a peaceful weekend of worship and I look forward to meeting with you in the near future. Kind regards, Suzanne"

Equally important to our complete cooperation was the court testimony of Shohfah-El. While on the stand, Shohfah-El testified that IUIC teaches scriptural non-yielding biblical laws which govern: 1) all interactions between a man and a woman; 2) that we must comply with the laws of the land wherever we reside; and 3) we are commanded not to bear false witness and/or to lie. Having the knowledge and the guidance of Leadership, Shohfah-El testified in open Court that he did not follow the guidance of Church Leadership. He testified in open Court that he did not keep the laws of interactions between men and women. That he did not follow the laws of the land in London. And, Shohfah-El testified in open Court that he lied to the police, to the Church Leadership and to the Court, which he has been found guilty of the murder of Joy Morgan.

Our membership believes this matter was an isolated incident. Regardless, we want the world to know that we seek to follow the laws of the land when not conflicting with the Laws of The Most High. That if any member breaks the laws of the land where they reside, that IUIC will have no choice but to withdraw and withhold our support until that person repents. To be clear, “IUIC will not support murderers, kidnappers, rapists or any other vile acts inconsistent with the teachings of Jesus Christ.”

Israel United In Christ

Edited to add ... if you got this far - well done! Have a cuppa and a KitKat or a few Jaffa Cakes!
IUIC leaders certainly like the sound of their own voices!

Israel United in Christ

The murder of Joy Morgan

I was pleasantly surprised to see the BBC have published a feature article on Joy this morning, which is showing on the front page of the website.

I just read that. I don't really know how to translate the feelings it's given me into words. My heart goes out to Joy's mum and to Joy's brother and sisters. They've all gone through so much.

I wish the murderer would at least let Joy's family have her body back. Joy's brother searching for his sister, not knowing if he's looking for a huge suitcase or scattered bones or what? It's sick and cruel on top of the sickness and cruelty of murder.

I just read that. I don't really know how to translate the feelings it's given me into words. My heart goes out to Joy's mum and to Joy's brother and sisters. They've all gone through so much.

I wish the murderer would at least let Joy's family have her body back. Joy's brother searching for his sister, not knowing if he's looking for a huge suitcase or scattered bones or what? It's sick and cruel on top of the sickness and cruelty of murder.

It's absolutely heartbreaking. I hope more than anything that he tells police where Joy's body is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back