OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So there is nothing where she admits the baby was alive for 5 minutes and she "might have squeezed her head"? Because despite the consensus of some in this thread I'm pretty sure skull fractures in infants are not that uncommon or unexplained. You should have seen the shape my poor firstborn's head was in when he was born. I pushed for 5 hours. I was just reading another case today of fractures found months after birth with no explanation other than birth and a later discovered medical issue that would increase the risk.

So did someone just make up "squeezing her head" as a way to explain the fractures? Meanwhile forgetting that birth is the most insanely powerful squeezing of an infant's head and that in a first time birth that head is usually in the birth canal much longer than later births? The head could have been squeezed for many HOURS in the birth canal.

I believe in the video She said maybe she held (squeezed?) the baby too tight while holding herself below the neck as if cradling a baby.

https://www.birthinjuryguide.org/birth-injury/types/infant-skull-fractures/
the pressure on an infant's skull during delivery may cause a skull fracture, especially if the mother experiences prolonged contractions.
(Additional reasons for newborn skull fractures at link)

Email exchange between forensic anthropologists Dr Elizabeth Murray and Dr Susan Brown, shown in court during the cross-examination of Dr Susan Brown.

JMO

Attachments

• 5482B07C-8761-4216-8B58-AB6739107174.jpeg
    5482B07C-8761-4216-8B58-AB6739107174.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 55CE4CC7-E76A-407A-B099-AEACD9A9EA36.jpeg
    55CE4CC7-E76A-407A-B099-AEACD9A9EA36.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 1B4840BF-E0B8-4277-832D-608BBF3C74A9.jpeg
    1B4840BF-E0B8-4277-832D-608BBF3C74A9.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 78
I can’t watch the trial live. I want to jump through the screen and wipe that smug look off the suspect and her attorneys face!! Her attorney is absolutely pissing me off. I could never be on a jury. The first time he opened his mouth my decision was made that she’s guilty. Moo. It’s pretty simple. She knew she was pregnant, ignored Dr and follow ups, kept it a secret and buried her baby in a backyard. The baby being alive or not doesn’t matter to me. Once she’s buried her secret, she’s the happiest she’s ever been and goes on with her life like nothing ever happened. For that alone she deserves jail. Imo

‘Dr Brown says she can’t determine if skull fractures occurred pre or post-mortem’
-CourtTV

‘Dr Brown finds manner of death is homicide; cause of death undetermined’
-CourtTV

I can’t watch the trial live. I want to jump through the screen and wipe that smug look off the suspect and her attorneys face!! Her attorney is absolutely pissing me off. I could never be on a jury. The first time he opened his mouth my decision was made that she’s guilty. Moo. It’s pretty simple. She knew she was pregnant, ignored Dr and follow ups, kept it a secret and buried her baby in a backyard. The baby being alive or not doesn’t matter to me. Once she’s buried her secret, she’s the happiest she’s ever been and goes on with her life like nothing ever happened. For that alone she deserves jail. Imo

I think he has made some good points the "forensic anthropologists" aren't looking so great. The prosecution had a clear agenda to make BSR guilty of murder. Was her behavior normal, no. I think she was in deep deep denial. She is also very suggestable.

I am TRULY disgusted that someone would suggest pregnancy hormones were just clouding your opinion in this case. That is a serious example of personal attack and I hope you reported it. But, gee, if you aren't pregnant maybe it's just your "time of the month"? *eyeroll*

It's pretty disgusting but I'm used to being subjected to misogyny having spent a number of years in a professional legal environment, it's rife. Any more, I will report it.

I think he has made some good points the "forensic anthropologists" aren't looking so great. The prosecution had a clear agenda to make BSR guilty of murder. Was her behavior normal, no. I think she was in deep deep denial. She is also very suggestable.
No, I agree. It’s so frustrating though. I feel if the baby was stillborn it was a relief to her in that she didn’t have to kill her. If she was alive I feel she killed her. Either way she wasn’t going to let anyone know about it. She only told her Dr because she needed birth control refilled and figured whatever she told her Dr wasn’t going to be shared with anyone, especially law enforcement! Moo

MOO the “shaking” and little girl voice, “mommy, mommy” are put on. Fake. I believe she is a very practiced liar, and probably has used the little girl voice to get her way in the past. Like I said, MOO.

Excellent post.

Thank you, it took me a little more time than I usually spend on a reply but I hope it cleared up my position.

I don't believe it would be Placental Abrubtion, that is when the placenta detaches from the uterine wall. It involves at lot of bleeding, more than what we saw on the crime scene pictures. I believe the cord would still be attached in this situation. moo

What actually happens in placental abruption?
The placenta is part of your baby’s life support system. It transfers oxygen and nutrients to your baby. When the placenta separates from your uterine lining before labor it can interrupt the transportation of oxygen and nutrients to your baby. Placental abruption can only truly be diagnosed after birth when the placenta can be examined. There are a few methods that are used to try to make this diagnosis during pregnancy so that proper treatment can be applied.

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/placental-abruption/

I posted an article yesterday on detached umbilical cord and it is very rare. I will see if I can find it.

I suffered a placental abruption in labour, the doctor mistook the bleeding for my mucus plug (sorry if TMI!) I don't know how likely I think it is but I don't think it's impossible. Yes, cord separation is extremely rare but so is the condition I had and I still had it twice. Again, unlikely maybe but certainly not impossible. Although, on reflection I think Skylar may actually mean she didn't have to cut the cord because it wasn't attached to her. I see no reason why she would detach the placenta from the baby, i think it's most likely the placenta was delivered and buried with baby. It would have decomposed as there were no soft tissues left. Gosh, just typing that is horrible. This is a terrible case.

Even if the baby hit its head on the toilet or floor, it would not have multiple skull fractures.

Wouldn't it? Newborn skulls are extremely vulnerable. This cannot be said with any level of certainty. Although I do believe skull fractures (if there actually are any) are more likely the result of birth trauma.

‘Dr. Brown can not determine if there was a live birth by examining the skeletal remains alone’
-CourtTV

And therein lies the problem with this prosecution.

Last edited:
Dr Brown denies knowing what “confirmation bias” is. Denies that she ignores any facts or evidence and STILL sticks to the story that the baby was killed, despite having no evidence of it. State comes back saying “she is not employed by the State”, yeah that’s just semantics and word play, her employER is not the State but heck yes is she working for them. And of course she would come under subpoena. I’m glad t judge shut down her repeated statements on this, it’s aggravating to hear it again and again. I’m just as mad as clearly the defense counsel is with what they’re doing to this poor girl. They had their mind made up long before this came to trial and all the evidence was uncovered, and even when new evidence pointed them in a different direction they STILL chose to stick to their original story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu