OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did throw away the bloody towel in the trash to hide it. I'm just asking why she didn't leave the baby in the towel.... Discard/hide both in trash.

I assumed she had conserve towels and she might have been keeping her own blood in. It sounded like she carried the baby outside with one towel and she would have been bleeding most likely.

Sooo...correct me...really...if I have misunderstood any of this.

The Drs office mistakenly sends the Mother info indicating her daughter is pregnant. Daughter denies. Mom believes daughter over the Drs office. Mom believes weight gain is just due to eating.

But the day after the birth, Richardson texted her Mother that “OMG, so happy my belly is back!”

How did Mom believe that a big protruding belly due to weight gain could disappear overnight? No woman who has ever dieted is EVER going to believe that explanation.

My thoughts exactly! Makes me believe the mother knew about the pregnancy, mostly because of the text messages

If it's the same interrogation where they convinced her to confess to burning her baby I would take it with a grain of salt. The prosecution so far has proven to be manipulative and willing to lie to make their story work. So until they back that statement up I'm going to ignore it.

The full interview has not been shown yet.

The forensic person said the baby died of homicidal violence but the manner of death could not be determined.

And the forensic anthropologist seems to have a different opinion. Who is right?

Live: Richardson's baby's death ruled 'homicidal violence,' doctor says
Dr. Krista Latham, a forensic anthropologist at the University of Indiana, wrote in a report that the skull fractures occurred after the baby died. Latham said she could not find any trauma that could have contributed to the newborn’s death.

My thoughts exactly! Makes me believe the mother knew about the pregnancy, mostly because of the text messages
The mom seems like she is a control freak that cares about how things look. Is Skyler or was she capable of cleaning a bathroom up after giving birth in it so that no one noticed. She seemed almost angry that her daughter told someone she gave birth and got the police involved. The dad seemed shocked. Her mom didn't cut the umbilical cord while she maybe passed out or fell asleep with her daughter. I think that is a plot to a lifetime movie.

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Kraft is telling the Dr. Richardson said her baby cried and gurggled a little. And the she Squeezed the baby
@journalnews

Dr Brady says if the mother is seated or standing and the baby is not caught when it comes out of the mother, the umbilical cord can break
@journalnews

Brady says if the baby is white it doesn’t mean it is unhealthy. Babies come out all colors, he says.
@journalnews

Taking an afternoon break

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Kraft is telling the Dr. Richardson said her baby cried and gurggled a little. And the she Squeezed the baby
@journalnews

Dr Brady says if the mother is seated or standing and the baby is not caught when it comes out of the mother, the umbilical cord can break
@journalnews

Brady says if the baby is white it doesn’t mean it is unhealthy. Babies come out all colors, he says.
@journalnews

Skylar said she caught the baby in the first police interview

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
@journalnews

@journalnews

@journalnews

Kraft also said that BSR told detectives that the babies arms were moving.

JMO

I don’t think she would have known to do that. Her mom or dad yes, but not her unless she had a health class in school that went over things about a birth

Health class was a core requirement (as well as life science) for BSR to graduate high school.

This is also the era of MTV series "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom." I believe defendant suffered shock and trauma giving birth alone in her bathroom but not that she was uninformed. She knew she was pregnant and that she would be giving birth soon after her April doctor appointment.

https://education.ohio.gov/getattac...-2014-2017/Graduation-Checklist-2014.pdf.aspx

For those who think BSR harmed, injured causing death to a living baby... Why do you think she chose to bury the body rather than throwing her in the trash with the bloody towel?

I don't have an opinion on the death of infant but to be clear, BSR told her dad under questioning that she concealed the bloody towels in a bag, and threw them away in trash away from her home days later.

I believe she buried the child in her yard to immediately conceal the birth. She buried the child where she did not believe the remains would be detected and/or recovered.

MOO

The neglect was not getting medical care for her daughter after she was born. It's not uncommon for babies not to pink up right away, need some stimulation, need their airway suctioned, etc. All things that could make a young girl THINK the baby was dead but in fact it was alive. I very strongly feel that this baby was likely born alive (absent any real evidence all any of us can do is speculate on this) - but that BSR didn't know what to do. She was not capable of making the determination of that baby's prognosis - only medical professionals would have been at that point.

Maybe she even thought the baby was dead when it wasn't, maybe she even buried her while she was still alive, none of that can be proven. But, she didn't get medical care for her daughter (neglect) and she didn't properly dispose of a corpse. There may be more evidence presented that sways me to think that BSR KNEW she was alive and deliberately ended her life or deliberately neglected her to death - I'm not there yet. But, I think there is irrefutable proof of neglect in BSR not obtaining medical care for her daughter after birth.

Thanks for the reply. I took my time to think it over, to understand why I don't agree with your conclusion of "neglect."

My primary objection to labelling what Skylar did NOT do after giving birth as neglect is that I see that as a very slippery slope, and one I'm wary of criminalizing.

Go down that path and the fact she didn't make an appointment for a sonogram can be considered neglect. Or that she " should have known" she was pregnant, and therefore should have gone to appointments all along, taken prenatal vitamins, etc., and the fact she didn't and didn't was " negligent."

The reasons Skylar felt she couldn't tell anyone and couldn't ask for help, even when giving birth by herself, are the same reasons why she felt she couldn't ask for help after she gave birth.

IMO, those reasons are sad, but not criminal, and the State has no business prosecuting her.

I agree with you. I can completely understand why she was terrified to tell them anything. It was painful to watch.
I think what Skylar said & how she acted when her parents were there in the interrogation room might be important to the jury. It was for me.

But..I didn't see what you saw at all, except for her mother's self absorption & utter lack of empathy. I found Skylar's pleas to mommy both genuine & heartbreaking, actually. And her mother's withholding of support & then deliberate cruelty went a long way to explaining why Skylar would have found it impossible to tell her parents she was pregnant.

Also, I didn't get the impression that Skylar was a habitual liar, or that her father thought she was. She had clearly lied about being pregnant- both directly and by omission, but that doesn't make her anything other than a frightened young woman who knew her mother would shred her, not support her.

That's your opinion, mine is different. Feel free to not "engage" me if you don't like it! I find the tone of your message deeply condescending.

I have not said I think she is innocent, I have said I don't know. Nor have I said her actions have covered her jn glory. I don't like the way she has acted but that is not the same as believing she is guilty of murder.

My children are 9 and 2 so no, I don't have pregnancy hormones! How rude of you! The only way I would have a different opinion is because I am an over emotional woman, incredible!!!

If it is unacceptable to express a different opinion on this forum then I will go elsewhere.

I am a big girl, I can handle a differing opinion. I worked in law for 10 years, I am used to it. What I will not accept is personal attack and abusive messages both of which I have received during the course of discussing this case.

I'm sorry you've received abusive messages and personal attacks in his case. I am a woman and I have also been accused of being emotional when I am being only factual. The reason I brought up pregnancy hormones are because you were putting yourself in this woman's shoes, but you weren't in that moment in my opinion recognizing differences between your actions and hers. You were empathizing with her to what I thought was an excessive degree, because the rest of the parallels between your personalities weren't evident. I'm sorry you feel as if I was being condescending to you, but I was trying to make certain parallels. I also work in the field of law so I understand that some people can use the law as a sword instead of a shield. Definitely not trying to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa