NJ NJ - Lisa McBride, 27, Vernon Twp, 23 Jun 1990

Has it ever been put out in the media where exactly along Old Mine road she was found? I happened by the area where Old Mine Road meets 206 just before the Milford Bridge and remembered this case. I think the idea that the guy who did this may have been heading for Dingmans Bridge is a good one but would also say he may have been intending to cross the Milford bridge. I am not aware if this bridge is manned but it is a toll bridge ( I assume it was in 1990 as well) I would also assume that here were either toll takers or cameras at that time as well. My thought was that he may have got to the intersection and remembered the toll taker/ camera etc. and decided he needed to dump the body. It is about two miles down Old Mine Road before one hits the Sandyston Township line, which is where all of the news articles say she was found but that township also covers a large stretch of Old Mine Road. I guess it depends on where along this road she was located.

I suppose LE has looked at suspects in depth but I would wonder about the folks she was with that night. Perhaps one showed up at her house? They would know 1.) About when she got home and 2.) That she was alone and possibly inebriated.

Also, I thought some articles said she was dropped off by friends? Another seemed to indicate she arrived home alone at 2:00 am. I guess both could be true.

Has it ever been put out in the media where exactly along Old Mine road she was found? I happened by the area where Old Mine Road meets 206 just before the Milford Bridge and remembered this case. I think the idea that the guy who did this may have been heading for Dingmans Bridge is a good one but would also say he may have been intending to cross the Milford bridge. I am not aware if this bridge is manned but it is a toll bridge ( I assume it was in 1990 as well) I would also assume that here were either toll takers or cameras at that time as well. My thought was that he may have got to the intersection and remembered the toll taker/ camera etc. and decided he needed to dump the body. It is about two miles down Old Mine Road before one hits the Sandyston Township line, which is where all of the news articles say she was found but that township also covers a large stretch of Old Mine Road. I guess it depends on where along this road she was located.

The Milford Bridge is manned, and there is a toll only in one direction (NJ to PA).

I wonder what happened to her clothing. Reports make no mention of finding her clothes (were her clothes still at her house?) Investigators said they looked for her purse and keychain with her nickname, “Weesa”, engraved, but did not mention if they found her clothes. They did say that her purse and keychain were never found. This, along with no mention of forced entry (at least not to the public), makes me think she knew the person. If she was last seen coming home at 2am by a neighbor, and investigators state her body was likely left on the road soon after she disappeared, it does not leave much time for the murder to take place. According to google maps, it is about an hour and twenty minute drive from her house to where she was found. I think whoever murdered her was familiar with the area of both where she lived and where she was found. He would have had to “b-line” to the desolate road to go undetected, in my opinion.

Her mother stated in a report she does not think her daughter’s case will be solved. Though, the investigators still remain hopeful and the case is still open.

Police still search for McBride killer, case dates back to 1990

Not sure what info you put into Google Maps, but the actual driving time from her house in Highland Lakes to the Old Mine Road (depending on which end you go to) is probably closer to 40 or 45 minutes. I agree with you that whoever did this probably knew both areas. I definitely don't think this was random. And if she was last seen at 2 a.m., I have to imagine the murder took place quickly, as you pointed out, because the sun would rise about 4:30 or 4:45 in the morning. I'm sure the perpetrator would not want to be out dumping a body after sunrise.

IF this was someone local (more likely scenario, considering the rural locations), it's interesting to me that there were no other victims of similar, unsolved crimes since then. I wonder if the person either went to jail for something else or moved away, OR possibly this was a terrible "accident" that the perpetrator never intended.

I suppose LE has looked at suspects in depth but I would wonder about the folks she was with that night. Perhaps one showed up at her house? They would know 1.) About when she got home and 2.) That she was alone and possibly inebriated.

Also, I thought some articles said she was dropped off by friends? Another seemed to indicate she arrived home alone at 2:00 am. I guess both could be true.

There were RUMORS at the time that maybe it was someone she had met at the bar that night, but I think LE interviewed and ruled out the people she was in contact with that evening.

Has NJSP used any new forensic techniques on this case?
Good question. I'm not really sure if there's a way to find out. I believe the Sussex County Prosecutor's Office has the case. It's a small county, and I doubt they spend a lot of time on cold cases after this many years.

Submitted information on Lisa's case to the TV show Cold Justice this morning. Praying for some help so her family and local LE can achieve resolution.

Did you ever hear back from the show with regards to profiling Lisa's case?

Did you ever hear back from the show with regards to profiling Lisa's case?
Nothing. However, there is another local case in which the family contacted the same show and they did get a reply. Maybe it has to come from someone directly involved? (In that other case, local law enforcement refused to cooperate with the show.)

I just did some research, local law enforcement would have to invite them into the case, but the family and Prosecutor Office would have to agree to it as well before they will even consider it.

With Heidi Balch now identified I wonder if Joel Rifkin has ever been investigated? He was active in the area during this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back