The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Harry take Archie to Balmoral by himself? Just because Meghan didn't want to go, why should Harry miss an opportunity to be with his grandmother and let her enjoy a little time with her great-grandson? Did Meghan tell Harry that he couldn't take Archie to Balmoral for a couple of days? It isn't true that Archie is too young to travel since we know that he went to Ibiza with his parents and also to visit Elton John.
I'm guessing Harry is out with pals for a knees up this weekend.

Probably eating and drinking all the things he isn't allowed to at home

Is that the Black Watch plaid they're wearing?
Prince Charles is also the Duke of Rothesay and he and Camilla are wearing the Rothesay tartan

It looks like it’s perfect weather and great fun all around

I really think the Sussex’s should have been there. The are the Earl and Countess of Dumbarton, and have yet to make a visit.

I really feel this is a huge slight to The Queen and Prince Philip, to the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, and to the Scottish public.

They would have engendered some public good will, which they desperately need, by participating, having fun, even showing Archie’s face ( horrors!) rather than appearing above all this.

Another obvious PR fail

Last edited:
Wow, those Highland Games images are flattering to the Duchess of Cornwall!

Not a fan of hers, due to the whole sequence/overlap problem, but she looks happy & healthy in Scotland!

Wonder if they will grace the upcoming Highland Games in -- Oklahoma?

Scotfest | Oklahoma 2019
I credit the Duchess of Cornwall keeping Charles out of trouble

And I greatly appreciate her relatable humility about her station. I think the story about her having her own house where she can pad about in her robe making breakfast for her visiting children and grandchildren tells me a lot about how real she is.

Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Didn't Visit the Queen at Balmoral Castle This Summer

They didn't snub Her Majesty. In fact, they're "very close" with her.

• Meghan Markle and Prince Harry didn't snub the queen by not visiting her at Balmoral Castle this summer like most members of the royal family do.
  • The couple didn't schedule a visit to the monarch's Scottish residence because "they were both working through a majority of August" and often see her in Windsor, according to a source.
  • Harry and Meghan are "very close" with the sovereign, as their home, Frogmore Cottage is located in Windsor.
Did Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Snub the Queen's Invite to Balmoral Castle?

I think Her Majesty is forward thinking, and flexible. She demonstrated that over and over.

Maybe Frogmore was by design to allow easy informal access to QE in Windsor by her grandson whom she adores. She knows how sensitive he is to the press. I believe she wants his every happiness.

I also think it’s nice that Meghan is there at the US Open. Serena is a friend, and a very big deal in the US today. She obvi was able to go support Serena incognito before she met Harry.

Although I did read somewhere that a coach was superstitious and doesn’t want anything or anyone to jinx the game. Wimbledon was a disappointment. And so were the empty seats and no pictures fiasco surrounding Meghan.

But ces’t la vie.

Maybe Harry is having some fun being a Dad and the parent in charge for a couple of days. I hope so.

I think Her Majesty is forward thinking, and flexible. She demonstrated that over and over.

Maybe Frogmore was by design to allow easy informal access to QE in Windsor by her grandson whom she adores.

She knows how sensitive he is to the press. I believe she wants his every happiness.

This sounds like complete PR spin to me.

Harry and Markle wanted to live in Windsor Palace, but were turned down by The Queen

Frogmore was the consolation prize. It wasn't their choice.

I think the entire Royal Family is just happy that Harry is no longer being photographed naked and drunk in various resorts.

My opinion is that there is trouble ahead for Harry and he will need to take care of his own issues, He is fooling himself if he thinks Markle is made in the mold of his mother, MOO

I don’t hate Katie Hopkins because she dislikes the Duchess...

It is her support of the far right group the English Defence League and Nazi sympathisers I strongly dislike her for.
:cool: Katie Hopkins Quotes...

enhanced-17492-1443099519-2.png

Katie-Hopkins-1.jpg
DOv8EB5X0AAXZ2Z.jpg

Hopkins-640x400.jpg
"Katie Hopkins' most outrageous comments yet"
12 QUOTES BY KATIE HOPKINS

BBM

I expect recognizing & avoiding that -- situation -- is part of the Norland training and part of the expectation of behavior of a Norland Nanny.

Possibly some are hired after a -- situation -- with another nanny???

JMHO YMMV LRR

My friend’s daughter was a nanny in New York. She met younger women who dreamed to become trophy wives. And many succeeded. Not Norlander nannies.

But living in the life of luxury would certainly be a temptation for some.

Think of all the rich guys who do that

Last edited:
Prince Charles is also the Duke of Rothesay and he and Camilla are wearing the Rothesay tartan

It looks like it’s perfect weather and great fun all around

I really think the Sussex’s should have been there. The are the Earl and Countess of Dumbarton, and have yet to make a visit.

I really feel this is a huge slight to The Queen and Prince Philip, to the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, and to the Scottish public.

They would have engendered some public good will, which they desperately need, by participating, having fun, even showing Archie’s face ( horrors!) rather than appearing above all this.

Another obvious PR fail

So where is Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members