GUILTY WV - Crystal Dawn Kiser, 37, Sissonville, 9 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Thanks @johnbelt
(I do remember it because I looked up the phone number for the local hospital and considered calling and asking if someone by that name was there so I could send flowers. Yeah, I’m not quite right in the head at times)
It was there I too saw it. I had to sit on my hands.
But I gave a 50% benefit of doubt.
Your perfect in the head.

Thanks @johnbelt
(I do remember it because I looked up the phone number for the local hospital and considered calling and asking if someone by that name was there so I could send flowers. Yeah, I’m not quite right in the head at times)
You are perfect in the head just as @Steph8angels just wrote! I’m sorry about what I wrote. I didn’t know anyone here knew it was him in the hospital or I wouldn’t have said that. :oops:

Thanks @johnbelt
Oh I don't doubt you for a moment, please don't think that! I meant that I clearly missed it myself. I would never doubt you, @MimosaMornings !

This is a case that was a pain for me not to say to much on here with my wife working with the neighbor of the Kiser's and even though nothing happened there she was sure the end result was going to be the husband being arrested.

Here is a link to a local reporter's Facebook who was at the arraignment. Husband states she hit her head on a rock and stopped breathing after a 20 minute altercation.

Bob Aaron
Hmmm.... I’m skeptical, at best. “Wrestled around”. I thought maybe it’s strangulation. Or he slammed her head hard into something like a rock. He’d have to tell the truth because the ME will know. He’s so gross. jmo

The body was found in Kentuck WV, 20 miles north of Sissonville. Confusing that Crystal's last phone ping that night/morning near Mammoth WV, 20 miles south of Sissonville.

Pretty sure that LE knew the story from early on but didn't reveal anything. Couple other current cases where there is similar silence.

RIP Crystal.

ETA- I was never sure that Crystal made those last late night texts, which could change the timeline.
I, too, question who sent those texts. But, other than timeline, it was a strange text to randomly send. Idk. jmo

I really never considered anyone random having done this.Living in a holler in WV myself it isn't likely your going to meet with stranger danger.The majority of females murdered by someone close them is to big to ignore and usually until a stranger is a arrested I'm not surprised anymore.
I grew up in a “holler” in WV, miles away from everything. Most “holler” people keep at least 1 gun. And shoot in the air to warn someone that’s not supposed to be on the property. However, I’m aware not everyone wants or owns a gun, nor would fire warning shots. Most deaths here do seem to be family related or drug overdoses. It’s very sad. I’m so sorry for Crystal, her family and her friends. Very tragic.
jmo

I, too, question who sent those texts. But, other than timeline, it was a strange text to randomly send. Idk. jmo
According to the Sheriff in the press conference the murder happened in the morning in the daylight hours on Saturday the 10th. She wasn't reported missing until early hours of the 11th. If I recall correctly about the text to the cousin about going to bed that was around 1:00 or 2:00 AM early on the 10th. So, it is unclear what her real last contact was and with who - though law enforcement knows.

I’m interested to know WHY this happened. (As I’m sure you all are, too.) Who was watching the kids? It was the smack middle of the night/early morn. WHY would he even go there? Was divorce imminent? Child custody threats? Did one or both of them have affairs? I know we may never know, but I’m curious. jmo

According to the Sheriff in the press conference the murder happened in the morning in the daylight hours on Saturday the 10th. She wasn't reported missing until early hours of the 11th. If I recall correctly about the text to the cousin about going to bed that was around 1:00 or 2:00 AM early on the 10th. So, it is unclear what her real last contact was and with who - though law enforcement knows.
Oh, thank you so much! I wish we’d get the “why” to this, but who knows. It is such a senseless evil act. NOW, their children lost their mother at the hands of their father, and lost their father to (probably) prison. I hate this stuff. jmo

Her husband?!?!?! Oh my, for a bit we were all concerned about the creepy guy at the hospital.

I didn't see this one coming- did anyone else?
I was highly suspicious, but not at all sure. It’s really odd for a stranger to approach a home up a hollow. Lots of people here have at least 1 gun. Unless they’re on drugs, they typically stay away. I just wish we knew WHY he committed such a senseless act! jmo

I’m interested to know WHY this happened. (As I’m sure you all are, too.) Who was watching the kids? It was the smack middle of the night/early morn. WHY would he even go there? Was divorce imminent? Child custody threats? Did one or both of them have affairs? I know we may never know, but I’m curious. jmo
Perhaps jealousy and control. He was angry because "the little woman" wasn't home to take care of him and the kids. He wasn't first in her life, her grandmother was.

Oh, thank you so much! I wish we’d get the “why” to this, but who knows. It is such a senseless evil act. NOW, their children lost their mother at the hands of their father, and lost their father to (probably) prison. I hate this stuff. jmo
Getting the why will depend on how this case goes through the courts.

Getting the why will depend on how this case goes through the courts.
Very true. If he pleads guilty and a deal is reached, I don’t know if he has to tell anyone (other than maybe his lawyer) why. We had pieces of why Chris Watts killed his family, but he didn’t talk because of a plea deal. Well, until months later...and I wish I didn’t know. I hope doesn’t do the same thing. I’m fine with not knowing, but I truly hope the family gets those answers. It’s just baffling. Something HAD to have triggered him to leave their kids with whoever had them, and travel to Crystal. It sounds like possible rage. It’s also sad and scary. Prayers to Crystal’s family and friends. Also, prayers to James’ family and friends who were unaware he did this. They’ve lost a daughter-in-law, at the heart wrenching hands of their own family, and now they’ve lost a son to likely prison, plus the poor kids who are basically orphans now. He did sooo much destruction to soo many people.:(
jmo

I grew up in a “holler” in WV, miles away from everything. Most “holler” people keep at least 1 gun. And shoot in the air to warn someone that’s not supposed to be on the property. However, I’m aware not everyone wants or owns a gun, nor would fire warning shots. Most deaths here do seem to be family related or drug overdoses. It’s very sad. I’m so sorry for Crystal, her family and her friends. Very tragic.
jmo
I always call it a holler.LOL.One or two guns is a understatement in Burning Springs a good portion of our food growing up was from what Dad hunted and then us kids.Luckily I'm far enough from anything I kid you not I would have no fear leaving my door open not just unlocked.I'm at least 35 miles from Parkersburg and 75 from Charleston.The drug epidemic is still a little ways from here but Parkersburg is getting hit hard.

Checking in to see if updates on Crystal.
Court dates?
Any new info?
I haven’t heard anything. WV LE aren’t usually overly eager to share details. I don’t know if that’s just normal. I haven’t checked records. You know, we didn’t hear a lot on this case even before her husband cracked and told LE where she was and what he’d done. It does seem that our LE tend to keep things quieter for the families, out of respect. I could be totally wrong, but I’ve felt that way my entire life. The only way we ever knew much on any missing person or homicide was a rumor mill. I can’t imagine both families anguish and sorrow. All jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back