Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

Long article on the BBC about Margaret. Don't think I've seen this photo before, with college friends:

_107381607_bowling_crown.jpg

How do you solve a murder without a body?

So frustrating that we might never know what happened to Margaret for sure, neither will those who knew her. There is no closure for them. And I really thought for sure that AJ would have cracked!
I’m so glad that pair have been convicted, although they still got away with it for so long..
At least there’s a chance they may not ever see beyond those prison walls again, a small price for what they have done to Margaret!

Long article on the BBC about Margaret. Don't think I've seen this photo before, with college friends:

_107381607_bowling_crown.jpg

How do you solve a murder without a body?
That photo was released the day of the guilty verdict.

There is some very interesting detail in that link. It appears all the abuse allegations came from Avrils own brother. I always wondered what they were based on.

I was looking for someone else in the court rolls and saw there's a confiscation hearing tomorrow.

HMA v Edward CAIRNEY Monday 9 SEP 2019 Confiscation Hearing SCS/2019-004818 GR17002341 Edinburgh HC

HMA v Avril JONES Monday 9 SEP 2019 Confiscation Hearing SCS/2019-004818 GR17002341

Court Roll

I was looking for someone else in the court rolls and saw there's a confiscation hearing tomorrow.

HMA v Edward CAIRNEY Monday 9 SEP 2019 Confiscation Hearing SCS/2019-004818 GR17002341 Edinburgh HC

HMA v Avril JONES Monday 9 SEP 2019 Confiscation Hearing SCS/2019-004818 GR17002341

Court Roll

To pay back the benefits?

To pay back the benefits?
I guess so. From 20 August:

More than £1m worth of high value fraud court cases were heard during the first six months of this year, according to KPMG.

The study found the total value of fraud cases appearing in Scottish courts was £1.2m.

This includes Avril Jones, convicted for the murder of Margaret Fleming and fraudulently claiming £182,000 in benefits by pretending she was alive.

Value of serious fraud cases in Scotland tops £1m

Lawyers are taking legal action against Margaret Fleming's murderers to recover £182,000 they claimed fraudulently.
Cairney's advocate Frances Connor told judge Lord Pentland that it would take six weeks for his legal team to prepare their responses to Crown demands.

It will next call at the High Court in Edinburgh in mid-October.

Margaret Fleming killers face paying back £182,000

i have aspergers syndrome and get middle rate DLA care and lower rate mobility. i was joint top of my year at school at 16 with 7 'A' passes at O grade - a national scottish exam in the 70s and 80s but had to drop out my 1st degree as i couldnt survive away from home. i returned home and passed the 2nd time a 4 year honours degree and HNC and now im doing a masters, but i couldnt cope away from home at 30 near my parents so i was put on DLA. i was of the generation where it was common to leave home at 16. i was the only girl left from my primary school year at home by the time i was 23. so u can have learning difficulties and still be intelligent or talented, read 'the curious incident of the dog in the night time' about the boy who gets an A in A level maths but attends a special needs school. i was excluded from a student holiday at 22/3 after complaints about my lack of social skills. i was bullied a lot at school and had no friends from 121/2 to 21, one reason i moved away, but i only got diagnosed last year.

Two part BBC documentary coming. No air date yet.

"In a co-commission between BBC Two and BBC Scotland, unique two-part documentary Inside The Murder Trial: The Disappearance Of Margaret Fleming has unprecedented access to a high profile murder trial that has gripped Scotland. Exclusive in-court access to this incredible case was granted by the Lord President of the Court of Session, the trial judge Lord Matthews, The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service and Police Scotland."

BBC - BBC Two and BBC Scotland announce Inside The Murder Trial: The Disappearance Of Margaret Fleming - Media Centre

The first part was so good. There was some very interesting unseen footage from the infamous bbc interview.

Even though I’ve always felt these two were totally guilty I thought the defence lawyer was making some very good points in court.

Avrils roots were down to her neck in court.

The first part was so good. There was some very interesting unseen footage from the infamous bbc interview.

Even though I’ve always felt these two were totally guilty I thought the defence lawyer was making some very good points in court.

Avrils roots were down to her neck in court.
Thanks for the review, I'll watch this tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back