Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture in the van is disturbing. The boy seems more frightened than the young woman. Almost like she had it happen before. I can't help but think how much the boy resembles David Borer. I am one of the few people who doesn't believe it to be Tara in the picture.

The picture in the van is disturbing. The boy seems more frightened than the young woman. Almost like she had it happen before. I can't help but think how much the boy resembles David Borer. I am one of the few people who doesn't believe it to be Tara in the picture.

Actually most don't think the girl is Tara. You must just be reading the posts of those that think it is her.

The girl has tape around her hips. And I wonder if she's wearing underwear. I assume that tape is holding her hands bound to her back.

That's just part of the style. I used to see tons of shorts with that type of style where they would have a little split on the side. You just can't see where it comes back together because she has her shirt hanging out.
If so it's size xxxxxxxxl. The fabric imo doesn't match up with how it should look. Anyways leaning towards this being not a hoax. Are they dead? I don't know. I don't like her position at all with tantalizing nudity. And her tired face. Something bad was up.

If so it's size xxxxxxxxl. The fabric imo doesn't match up with how it should look. Anyways leaning towards this being not a hoax. Are they dead? I don't know. I don't like her position at all with tantalizing nudity. And her tired face. Something bad was up.

No offense but I am starting to scratch my head of how you are getting the idea that her skirt/shorts was actually tape. To me it just looks like very obvious clothing she was wearing and the type of clothing I have seen lots of other people wear (people used to wear things a lot looser than they do now). Back in the late '80's and early '90's kids often wore loose t-shirts and shorts. It's wasn't like it is now where people like to wear things tighter and smaller that shows off their bodies a bit more.

As far as the supposed nudity it was just the angle that the picture was taken at and the fact that she had her legs positioned like that at the time. With that type of model of van the two kids would have been positioned right in front of the drivers and passengers seat and she would have been resting her legs on the section in-between the two seats. I doubt at all when they were taking the pic that they were thinking about taking a picture where you could see up the girls leg. If they were wanting to show nudity they would have had the girl dressed in a lot skimpier outfit than what we see her in.

You also need to remember that you are likely looking at the cropped version that started spreading around once the picture got onto the web. The original picture wasn't that close up

Last edited:
No offense but I am starting to scratch my head of how you are getting the idea that her skirt/shorts was actually tape. To me it just looks like very obvious clothing she was wearing and the type of clothing I have seen lots of other people wear (people used to wear things a lot looser than they do now). Back in the late '80's and early '90's kids often wore loose t-shirts and shorts. It's wasn't like it is now where people like to wear things tighter and smaller that shows off their bodies a bit more.

As far as the supposed nudity it was just the angle that the picture was taken at and the fact that she had her legs positioned like that at the time. With that type of model of van the two kids would have been positioned right in front of the drivers and passengers seat and she would have been resting her legs on the section in-between the two seats. I doubt at all when they were taking the pic that they were thinking about taking a picture where you could see up the girls leg. If they were wanting to show nudity they would have had the girl dressed in a lot skimpier outfit than what we see her in.

You also need to remember that you are likely looking at the cropped version that started spreading around once the picture got onto the web. The original picture wasn't that close up
Can't shake the bad feeling. Btw I lived through the 80s and never seen those shorts. More importantly if you zoom in on those faces you see despair and horror. Not good.

Ps
They, I guess LE, blurred areas on her hair and right arm. Lemme see if I can unblur it.

ps ps
Who tf transports their kids in such a manner? All that mess and cramped. No seats.

Last edited:
It seems that most folks don't believe the picture is legit, nor do they believe the young lady is Tara. I still think there is a strong resemblance. The boy is more perplexing. One thing I've learned in this journey of searching for missing people is that -- for every case we see publicized and is fairly well known, there are many others out there. I go down that rabbit hole sometimes, in which I am reading about one case and then others pop up that I've never heard of. Then I start reading those cases, many of which are cold and for whatever reason never got the attention others have. So many cases, not enough time to study every one. Just thinking out loud.

No way. They look flustered, tired and miserable. Imagine going over bumps in that mess.

Rather you think they look scared or not is entirely just a matter of personal opinion. Though having blankets, pillows, and books......and a radio (if you see the full picture) doesn't make it look like they are being all that mistreated to me.

Look I strongly disagree.

Let's say this is a hoax, it's sordid and evil to set that scene up and take a pic.

The book is staged just like the rest of whatever is happening there.

When you blow the pic up and look at their eyes you see a myriad of horrible things in their eyes.

Let's just disagree.

Rather you think they look scared or not is entirely just a matter of personal opinion. Though having blankets, pillows, and books......and a radio (if you see the full picture) doesn't make it look like they are being all that mistreated to me.

Interestingly this is getting a lot of attention with the recent FBI announcement of a reward for information leading to the discovery of Tara.

Who knows, it could lead to identifying the two in the photo.

Interestingly this is getting a lot of attention with the recent FBI announcement of a reward for information leading to the discovery of Tara.

Who knows, it could lead to identifying the two in the photo.
Posted this new article on TC's thread..
Oct 5 2019
CRIME HUNTER: Detroit serial killer targeted middle-aged prostitutes
brad8-e1570218984879.png

Tara Calico went for a bike ride in 1988. They believe this is her in the photo with a boy who has never been identified. FBI

FBI OFFERS REWARD IN CHILLING COLD CASE

The photo is by turns chilling and heartbreaking.

And it is a mystery that has vexed cops for three decades.

Tara Calico went for a bike ride in her home town of Belen, New Mexico on a warm September day in 1988. She was never seen again except for one tantalizing piece of evidence.

A Polaroid photo of the 19-year-old was found in a car park about a year after she disappeared. In the disturbing photo she has her hands tied behind her back, black tape covers her mouth.

brad10-e1570219044166.png

The photo was discovered 2,400 km away in Florida. Seen in the image with her is a young boy, also bound and gagged, who has never been identified.

Tara’s family believes it’s their loved one because of a scar on the bound girl’s leg.

Now, the FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the missing woman’s whereabouts.

“It’s time for someone to come forward and help us finally bring Tara home,” FBI special agent James Langenberg said. “Tara had her entire future ahead of her when she vanished.”

brad9-e1570219078458.png

Tara Calico went for a bike ride in 1988. They believe this is her in the photo with a boy who has never been identified. FBI

He added: “Law enforcement has never given up the search for this young lady, checking out numerous tips and conducting countless interviews over the course of more than 30 years.”

Her family thinks Tara was being stalked on her daily 54 km route by a man in a light-coloured Ford pickup.

She was last seen on Sept. 20, 1988 around 11:45 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member