SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Well
Exactly so why

Exactly so why apeal if they already knew it was for property but fail to mention this...... cash or not a holiday and a property search two different means of travel.....why state traveling here and reporting missing but then failing to mention any property search from begining.
I dont think buying a property is the relevant point. The relevant point is they may have had a large amount of cash on their persons which could have bearing on the motive for their disappearance. JMO
Well that was the families input..but after stating they were on holiday together .... then no contact .... but if the trip was a property search why not mention from begining.... would this have not been researched or agents contacted before hand..... if this was a proffesional approach..... again it was family who suggested this but not from start. So it is bit relavent or questionable why info wasnt said from begining.... thats all . So yes i get risks of large amount of money but from begining it was just a holiday nothing to do with money or property. At least thats what come across in reports. Then it wasnt holiday it was looking for property or cars whatever.... nothing is quite clear or consistent.

Well that was the families input..but after stating they were on holiday together .... then no contact .... but if the trip was a property search why not mention from begining.... would this have not been researched or agents contacted before hand..... if this was a proffesional approach..... again it was family who suggested this but not from start. So it is bit relavent or questionable why info wasnt said from begining.... thats all . So yes i get risks of large amount of money but from begining it was just a holiday nothing to do with money or property. At least thats what come across in reports. Then it wasnt holiday it was looking for property or cars whatever.... nothing is quite clear or consistent.
No, it isn't clear or consistent. But why should it be? This isn't a professional pr campaign. Two people suddenly, unexpectedly disappear: that is deeply confusing. Why expect family members to be clear and consistent about the circumstances: they weren't there, they don't know what happened any more than we do.

Families and police both provide info as and when they want to, in order to assist in finding the missing persons. They might not all have the same knowledge of the circumstances, or the same ideas about what might have happened, or the same views on how much to say publicly.

Nothing is clear and consistent in a missing persons case until it's solved.

No, it isn't clear or consistent. But why should it be? This isn't a professional pr campaign. Two people suddenly, unexpectedly disappear: that is deeply confusing. Why expect family members to be clear and consistent about the circumstances: they weren't there, they don't know what happened any more than we do.

Families and police both provide info as and when they want to, in order to assist in finding the missing persons. They might not all have the same knowledge of the circumstances, or the same ideas about what might have happened, or the same views on how much to say publicly.

Nothing is clear and consistent in a missing persons case until it's solved.
Ok i get consistent was not right word but clear yes because the reason of travelling here in first place was stated as a holiday by family, then changed to going to purchase a property, big difference here so what i meant was yes people are missing but going on holiday from then changed to going to find a property obviously this was known to family as they stated this was intention but it was not CLEAR from the beginning. As like others on here mentioned , holidaying and purchasing a property are two totally different things, which involve a larger amount of money with higher risks than just going on holiday. My point is its important to state reason of travel from very beginning thats all. Buying a property abroad is life changing so why not mention from begining. ??

You’re obsessing over what is most probably a moot point, Delia. Very early on it was rumoured Danny & Liam had a large sum of cash on them but it turned out they had told people they were in Spain to buy different things - a property or a car or whatever.

Read into the confusion what you will.

Whatever information you think you’re entitled to as a member of the public, you’re not.

Im sure à
You’re obsessing over what is most probably a moot point, Delia. Very early on it was rumoured Danny & Liam had a large sum of cash on them but it turned out they had told people they were in Spain to buy different things - a property or a car or whatever.

Read into the confusion what you will.

Whatever information you think you’re entitled to as a member of the public, you’re

The confusion im reading is the totally different means of travel you are mentioning large sums of money .... my point is why wasnt this stated from start as if they did have this surely family would be aware befor they left uk. ..but it was origionally stated it was just a holiday. Why as large soms of money can incurr more reasons ... than two people just traveling on holiday with average spends????? As for entitled information as public im only commenting on reasons which family gave from start..... so the confusion im reading is from them..... Also im not obsessed whatsoever .... there are so many people missing in spain...... but hardly any of them are involved with money..... like u state its rumoured it was for property or car .... what else ???? You can openly search a persons past . Again its a public opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> I dont get why you think travelling with a large sum of money makes it a moot point.... especially as this was not stated from beginning.

The police wrote about them being on holiday despite knowing about money and the intentions that we believed my dad and Liam were interested in finding a property.

Delia what actually are you trying to say??
<modsnip>

The police I assume would post about it being a holiday because why <modsnip: Profanity is not allowed>after them being missing for less then 24hours (which we do not know if they have been murdered, kidnapped or just got a fair bit too boozy) I would they start then giving people a reason to then try and find them and rob them?
You mention money in the first week when they could be safe, might actually just given someone a reason to try and find them with malicious intent not sure if I’m making sense but that’s just a thought on it.

Consistency comes from what we know and intelligence. As more information as come to light I have shared it where possible it’s got nothing to do with changing the story, it’s more about with what’s necessary and what fits.

<modsnip>

These people are still missing and so is their car so other than many other previous scenarios or thoughts lets hope there is still people out there searching for them as this is also a possibility of a road accident, of which can also happen quite suddenly, or if a car has been hired may have travelled further afield.

I live on the Costa Del Sol and knowing the roads very well, I unfortunately think a road accident where the car has descended into a ravine is the most logical answer.

You could search the area from Estepona over to Cadiz/Sevilla from March until now and still be less than 30% of the way to searching the full area.

Naturally this is all my own opinion.

I live on the Costa Del Sol and knowing the roads very well, I unfortunately think a road accident where the car has descended into a ravine is the most logical answer.

You could search the area from Estepona over to Cadiz/Sevilla from March until now and still be less than 30% of the way to searching the full area.

I feel this is the most logical conclusion too, sadly. Are many people interested in the area on forming a task force to check area by area and ticking it off of a map? @Laurynpoole you are family, aren't you?

I fear you are right that a road accident has sadly happened. We've seen it numerous times here before. Sometimes, it is a long time before the accident scene is discovered.

I hope the family has some answers soon.

if money which is allowed to take, car and possible scenes, holiday and searching was there. But maybe car abroad and property there is possible to accident or road wanting family and confusion intentions.

if money which is allowed to take, car and possible scenes, holiday and searching was there. But maybe car abroad and property there is possible to accident or road wanting family and confusion intentions.
DBM

Last edited:
I didn’t say that police assumed it was a holiday. They knew the intentions as they sat with my family and took statements before the made a missing persons report/plea.
I didn’t say , they assumed it was a holiday.

I said I don’t think when posting a plea online for people to come forward if they have seen my dad and brother within 24 hours of them being reported missing it would be a smart idea to start talking about their valuables.
If you read my comment, then the point I made was that would be quite dangerous wouldn’t it?
It would almost give people a malicious intent to find them.

I would assume that is why police stated they were on holiday.

Can I just ask why you think this information should be accessible to the public when we are only asking for people to come forward if they had seen them?
We’re not asking for detectives or opinions at this stage (April 1st) so I would say that yes, we probably have been inconsistent due to what family and police felt were necessary at certain points in time.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4