Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
LB My memory.?..lol. Mr. IQ often laments, "You never forget anything!" And, he never means it as a compliment. :mad: I wish I had your skill at finding & posting the actual documents. Wouldn't it be wonderful if WS'ers who have read every source possible, could just send texts or shout out the #'s & location of all the evidence photos, files and interviews? Imagine 30 Gal/Guy Friday's offering support from the gallery... but probably wouldn't go over very well with the judge. I can't fathom how difficult it will be for family members to sit in a courtroom and not be able to speak or correct information as it is released. It has got to be frustrating.

Good to see you as well @Chelly! I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, with real life and it's problems. But I do read as much as I can. I am also looking forward to all 3 of these EVIL monsters getting what they deserve. (to put it mildly) This case haunts me!

Monday, Sept. 9th:
*Motion Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin 10/1/19-severed (8/21/19) no further date.
8/22/19 Update: Sievers attorney said they are not ready for an October 1 trial due to severance motion granted to Rodgers which allows him to have a separate trial from Sievers. Sievers lawyer claims that motion granted changes their strategy. Rodgers attorney is hoping to be ready by Oct. 1 but can’t say for sure right now. The motion hearing for both is set for Sept. 9 at 8:30 a.m.
8/26/19 Update: Defense files motion for continuance of trial. Defense files ex-parte motion to incur costs for forensic expert witness.
8/27/19 Update: Defense Motion in Limine to exclude crime scene evidence.
9/3/19 Update; Defense Motion Filed-Opposing the Admissibility of Business Records by Certification & defense Motion Filed to Incur Costs for DNA Analysis Expert.

*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/1/19 – maybe.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 6/26/19 reference post #201 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

8/7/19 Update: Rodgers’ defense files motion to sever trials. 8/19/19: State responses to motion to sever trials. Pretrial hearing for both on 8/22. 8/21/19: Motion to sever trials-granted. Motion hearing set for 9/9.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Hey @Dmacky . Good seeing you again. Though I seldom post, I still read here every day. Looking forward to finally seeing MS, JR and CW finally come to trial for Teresa's senseless murder. What a trio of evil idiots.

Hi Chelly - just to correct you on CW - he pled guilty & is serving 25 years - see my above post. :)

Just wanted to "say"... "thrilled to see a lot of the long time posters dropping in!" (First WS case I have followed from the beginning and finally to a trial.) A lot of the pretrial motions, besides the constant delays, seems (IN MY OPINION:D) to be multiple requests for exclusion of evidence. IE, don't want photos, don't want phone records, (or anything else that might make our client look like he planned the brutal death of a beautiful young Mother.) Okay, I get that part...but now this is extremely perplexing, "we need time to develop a new strategy." ?? Does this mean JRR's attorneys, now that he gets a separate trial, are going to request more time because now they need to develop a new strategy,too?? More delays?
At what point does a judge finally say, "Enough. No more delays. These cases are going to trial."?

Last edited:
There was supposed to be a hearing today which could have given new trial dates but I can't find any news.

JRR has filed a motion to continue, but it's not available to view yet.

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search
LB :):) There you go again! I was being sarcastic when I suggested JRR's attorneys would ask for a delay to develop their "new strategy", too. And, sure 'nuf it appears to be the latest request for another delay. Go figure. By the time this goes to trial, CWW could be eligible for his first parole hearing.
Maybe I have watched too many Law & Order episodes and a strong-willed judge always takes attorneys to task for not being prepared.
Now, I am really curious about this article. Anybody have an idea why JRR's hearing May 2019 was conducted in a "closed courtroom"...very hush, hush?? Hmmm...
https://www.winknews.com/2019/05/08...ourtroom-during-jimmy-rodgers-status-hearing/

Teresa Sievers murder trial to begin in October, but which suspect will be tried first?

Update

1)“On Monday the judge denied a motion by Jimmy Rodgers team to continue their trial. Rodgers team cited issues with new evidence coming to light as recently as Friday and more than 4,000-pages of DNA analyses received from the FBI just weeks ago”

(My comment....didn’t JRR team say they were ready just last week? Think they want MS to go first)

Judge said the trial has been posted once before and he was not having both postponed again...one of the trials will happen. Trial date stays the same OCTOBER 1

2) The judge reserved ruling on the motion from Michael Mummert, questioning why the new expert witnesses were necessary.

MS team looking for new experts.

3) JRR defense wants DP dropped saying the state did not file it correctly...wrong time frame and wrong information
DENIED

4) both defense teams want to reinterview CWW GRANTED will happen quickly with his attorny and the state present

5) “A handful of business record certifications were questioned by Sievers's and Rodger's respective attorneys. They argued that the documents didn't meet the standards outlined in Florida law to qualify them as confirmed business records.” PARTLY DENIED “the request but did say he would reserve ruling on several arguments that the person authorizing the release of the records was not properly qualified or alerted to their role.”

6) All parties agreed to some ways in finding a jury in LEE County. Judge wants them to work on this.

7) Judge Kyle ordered wants all sides to continue filing and ‘setting motions’.

The Judge did not say which trial would go first MS or JRR
On Oct 1.

I would like to see MS go first but I don’t know if that is a good idea or bad. Anyone have an opinion on which trial would go first? No matter what CWW will go last it appears.

Teresa Sievers murder trial to begin in October, but which suspect will be tried first?

Update

1)“On Monday the judge denied a motion by Jimmy Rodgers team to continue their trial. Rodgers team cited issues with new evidence coming to light as recently as Friday and more than 4,000-pages of DNA analyses received from the FBI just weeks ago”

(My comment....didn’t JRR team say they were ready just last week? Think they want MS to go first)

Judge said the trial has been posted once before and he was not having both postponed again...one of the trials will happen. Trial date stays the same OCTOBER 1

2) The judge reserved ruling on the motion from Michael Mummert, questioning why the new expert witnesses were necessary.

3) JRR defense wants DP dropped saying the state did not file it correctly...wrong time frame and wrong information
DENIED

4) both defense teams want to reinterview CWW GRANTED will happen quickly with his attorny and the state present

5) “A handful of business record certifications were questioned by Sievers's and Rodger's respective attorneys. They argued that the documents didn't meet the standards outlined in Florida law to qualify them as confirmed business records.” PARTLY DENIED “the request but did say he would reserve ruling on several arguments that the person authorizing the release of the records was not properly qualified or alerted to their role.”

6) All parties agreed to some ways in finding a jury in LEE County. Judge wants them to work on this.

On Oct 1.

I would like to see MS go first but I don’t know if that is a good idea or bad. Anyone have an opinion on which trial would go first? No matter what CWW will go last it appears.
MSJOSIE...WOW! Thank you for the info on all the current motions. Hmmm, sounds like the judge is 'pushing a little harder' to get the defense attorneys to ready for a trial. Frankly 4000 pages of DNA evidence....doesn't really matter, as long as JRR's DNA is present at the crime scene, IMO....or DNA from Teresa is on his clothing and items recovered in Missouri! (On his shoes, overalls, gloves, weapon etc.)
A couple of months ago I did some research on a murder for hire case. James Hood hired a "hitman/construction employee" to kill his wife, Bonnie Hood. The "hitman" went on trial first....and was ACQUITTED!!! (I kid you not) So James Hood was not tried for the murder of his wife. But wait for this... A year later, the hitman showed up at James Hood's office demanding more money and James Hood shot him to death. James Hood was sentenced to life in prison for the killing of the hitman. Sometimes justice eventually finds its way, huh?
On a side note: I think CWW will eventually be found guilty in Ronnie Bolin's case. (adding link to Hood conclusion)
Newport Beach Developer Gets 29-to-Life Term : Courts: In second trial, prosecutors convince jury that Jim Hood killed the man he had hired to murder his wife.

Last edited:

Update

DENIED

On Oct 1.

CWW will not have a trial. He already took a deal and pled guilty.

CWW will not have a trial. He already took a deal and pled guilty.
Oregonmama, good to hear from you! True, CWW will not have a trial in Florida and his plea deal is "conditional" based on his cooperation with the prosecution. (Perhaps I am confused about the process... quid pro quo?) Something about the "closed hearing" in May has me wondering if JRR has finally realized CWW is a self-serving snitch and not entitled to spend his golden years as a free man in Missouri. I have been thinking JRR has knowledge of other CWW crimes? Ya' know, the kind of crimes that have no statute of limitations. (...kinda wondered if CWW talked a lot on their 2200 mile trip?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151