Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

While I was “on board” with the BIL theory before LE even was, it still is very irritating that they haven’t been more openminded to these sightings, each and every one needs to be thoroughly pursued and I’m also in agreement that LE is clearly operating with “tunnel vision” and it’s very detrimental... it’s not only unhelpful for the case but it does indeed make them look bad, incapable, irresponsible, stubborn and worst of all untrustworthy...

Missing case Rebecca Reusch: Family goes on a search for clues

Berlin - The case of the missingRebecca remains mysterious. The investigators still lack an important piece of the puzzle, the breakthrough seems far away. Now family Reusch takes a drastic step and sets out to search for traces.[ ]

4e6245f4aae606a27532.jpg

But even now Brigitte Reusch does not want to admit that the nightmare could become a reality, perhaps it is already long ago. "Hope dies last," she says confidently.

Without the help of the police, Brigitte Reusch and Rebecca's sister Vivien are now looking for clues.Starting points and nodes are tips from the social networks. To sit at home, to lay hands in one's lap and wait - no, the family did not want that. Instead, take action to escape the "madness", as Brigitte Reusch formulated.[ ]
Google Translate

Vermisste Rebecca Reusch: Familie ermittelt auf eigene Faust - TAG24

I wonder how much of the information about the argument Rebecca had with the boys at school has been shared with her parents or has been thoroughly followed up on by LE. I can't get it out of my head that the argument was a much bigger deal to Rebecca than to anyone else.

I wonder how much of the information about the argument Rebecca had with the boys at school has been shared with her parents or has been thoroughly followed up on by LE. I can't get it out of my head that the argument was a much bigger deal to Rebecca than to anyone else.

So I totally agree!
Many levels of investigation are underexposed,imo.

Still wonder if there were online tracks on her laptop,that was left behind at her sisters.
It was said she was hardly online that weekend (by friends)
Could it be…,because of the boys argument in the weekend and they took her Phone?
-Why did she go there...in the first place? while she despaired wanted to swift schools in the final year?
Seems to me that you would want to avoid the school/being there/especially at weekends!!

Thank you @worldwatcher. This seems to bolster my opinion, long held, that LE moved prematurely and on flimsy evidence to focus all their attention and resources on the BIL.
The accident theory is hard to understand for me. They still cannot prove a dead body was in the house or the car trunk, per cadaver dogs. Also, are they saying strangulation was an accident, if that is what happened?
They still haven't outlined any evidence of substance that supports their theory that she didn't leave the home alive.

There seems to me to be more leads to pursue that she left the home alive than dead. The school argument with the boys, numerous sightings that sound credible, her absence from social media the day before her disappearance, the presence of a SM contact, Max, as reported by her mother, and yet LE doesn't seem to give these leads any importance.
Makes no common sense to me. MOO MOO

@Jim_M I'm with you on the lack of clarification !

There seems to me to be more leads to pursue that she left the home alive than dead. The school argument with the boys, numerous sightings that sound credible, her absence from social media the day before her disappearance, the presence of a SM contact, Max, as reported by her mother, and yet LE doesn't seem to give these leads any importance.
Makes no common sense to me. MOO MOO

@Jim_M I'm with you on the lack of clarification !
And now I'm going to muddy up the clarity. LE appears to have a strong suspicion that young Rebecca did not leave her home. Not alive anyway. Are they theorizing so beyond my perception? I don't really know, only they know the concrete evidence. Will they reveal that, and risk their investigation? Or will we be left to ponder; just where in the world is this young woman? A child of fifteen (15) ready to make her dreams come true. I can only hope that she still has them. Her dreams. Her aspirations. Her life.

Search in Brandenburg
Missing Rebecca: No futher search planned
Rebecca Reusch from Neukölln disappeared at the beginning of 2019. The case still concerns the Berlin police. All developments in the blog.

After the beginning of the week again after the disappeared since six and a half months Rebecca Reusch, no further action was planned in the coming days, a police spokeswoman said on Friday. On Thursday the search in a forest near Storkow was stopped. Whether new traces were found during the two-day campaign was initially unknown.

Dog of a witness should have struck in the forest near Kummersdorf
The police continued on Wednesday to search for the missing since six and a half months Rebecca Reusch from Berlin-Neukölln. The officials combed the same spot as on Tuesday - a piece of woodland near the small village Kummersdorf near Storkow (Oder-Spree district). "About 60 emergency services and dogs are on site," said a spokesman in the morning. He did not want to give more details. "These are all ongoing investigations."

Dog of a witness should have struck in the forest near Kummersdorf

The police continued on Wednesday to search for the missing since six and a half months Rebecca Reusch from Berlin-Neukölln. The officials combed the same spot as on Tuesday - a piece of woodland near the small village Kummersdorf near Storkow (Oder-Spree district). "About 60 emergency services and dogs are on site," said a spokesman in the morning. He did not want to give more details. "These are all ongoing investigations."

Whether it was concrete evidence from the investigation or a new reason for the resumption of the search, he left open. It is also unclear whether traces were found on Tuesday. As the Berliner Morgenpost learned, the police are looking in the forest near Kummersdorf, because a whistleblower has reported in the past few days that his dog had struck in the area. The police are now in the forest with their own Mantrailer dogs in use.

The last time the police combed through the forest was a few weeks after Rebecca's disappearance. At that time, in early March, temperatures were low. If a corpse is actually lying in the forest, so the hope, the dogs would rather strike after the hot summer. However, there are no new investigative approaches in this case, according to investigators. According to the Berlin prosecutor should first be searched only until Wednesday. "Unless new clues emerge, of course," said a spokesman.
[ ]

Rebecca Reusch (Berlin): Hund hatte im Wald angeschlagen - aber keine neue Suche

Sorry for the bad translation,but I am really confused about the investigation and the msm,seems to me that the LE /MSM is grasping at straws.
MOO

Thank you very much for the update! Indeed, it seems just as confusing as the last few months with no real answers. Did they mean that in the last little while, someone working in law enforcement had their cadaver dog "hit" in the forest? Was this part of Germany affected by forest fires? So many questions... They seem to think there will be more chance of smells coming through due to the heat, which yes I can see. I do hope they will find some trace of this poor girl soon. I hope very much she just ran away and that she is alive and safe. :(

The cynical part of me thinks that LE is just doing a search to look like they are doing something to pacify the public and the family. I wonder what they know that keeps them on the track that she was murdered in the home and taken to these areas by the BIL and disposed of. They have only previously refuted facts to support this approach. ( hair in trunk of car)
Is this area the same one that had a couple of weak hits by dogs during the first round of searches? Because IIRC, when they went back a second time the dogs did not hit on anything. Is this a third time in that area?

Thank you for continuing to find articles and updating us.

That's it for the time being: police stop public search for Rebecca Reusch

After only two days, the search for the missing Rebecca Reusch from Berlin in the forest near Storkow in Brandenburg was ended. According to an investigator, the police again investigated an old warning on Wednesday. As the prosecutor told RTL on Thursday, Rebecca was not found. In addition, there would be no new investigation approaches. Intern will be further determined.

Further search action
Civil servants had combed through the forest at the small town of Kummersdorf piece by piece on Tuesday and Wednesday. A renewed search for the missing Rebecca Reusch was not planned on Thursday, said a police spokeswoman on Thursday. Meanwhile, the investigation continues.

Why the area could have been searched again, explains Profiler Axel Petermann in the video.
(Video website )

Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Polizei stellt öffentliche Suche ein

Last edited:
Has anyone read any new reports of sightings of Rebecca? With her photos circulating and being so pretty I feel like she must be in hiding, not really able to start a new life without feeling like she will be recognized at any second.. I’m hopeful she’s alive and well somewhere.. sigh

Has anyone read any new reports of sightings of Rebecca? With her photos circulating and being so pretty I feel like she must be in hiding, not really able to start a new life without feeling like she will be recognized at any second.. I’m hopeful she’s alive and well somewhere.. sigh

I have not read about new sightings,but in the article there is a mention that LE received more than 2300 tips.
Nothing is told whether the police consider these tips (sightings?) to be reliable.

There were a few French articles and FB about her disapearence as well.
Have not kept an eye on Social media..the last few months.

I am woefully ignorant of laws in Europe concerning moving to another country etc, but my question is, would it be easy for her to go to Austria for instance, and work and live without detection or papers etc.?

I am woefully ignorant of laws in Europe concerning moving to another country etc, but my question is, would it be easy for her to go to Austria for instance, and work and live without detection or papers etc.?
No, except she is doing it as an illegal, which would be highly risky (for her being found and the employer, except she goes into prostitution, but this is not related to specific country).
However, she is a minor, supose no ID yet and her parents would have to agree with any job. Etc. Etc. Legally i do not see this as possible.

Is (or maybe was) she a German citizen? If the answer is "yes" she can travel to Austria without problems. Austria and Germany are both EU countries, their citizens have the so called "European citizenship".
As far as I know they can travel freely within the European Union.

Last edited:
However, she is a minor, supose no ID yet and her parents would have to agree with any job. Etc. Etc. Legally i do not see this as possible.
As it's compulsory for German citizens over the age of 16 to have an ID card or a passport, it's possible that RR already had one, depending on how close her 16th birthday was. I don't know the rules in Germany, but for example it's possible to get an ID card in Sweden at the age of 13, to be able to show your age when needed.

Is (or maybe was) she a German citizen? If the answer is "yes" she can travel to Austria without problems. Austria and Germany are both EU countries, their citizens have the so called "European citizenship".
As far as I know they can travel freely within the European Union.

Yes, travel for sure is no problem, however a valid ID is necessary, which with 15 may cause some question if she is travelling alone (parental consense etc). And the travel freedom is not a work freedom with 15, if she tells her age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back