CANADA Canada - Bone found by dog, Edmonton, Sept 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Homicide detectives were called out on Friday evening to investigate what police believe to be human remains discovered in south Edmonton.

Police were called to the area of 84 Street and 64 Avenue at around 7:15 p.m.

Christopher Field said he was walking his dogs in the area when his Labrador Shepherd Cailey went into a nearby treed area.

The dog came out of the bush with a large bone, Field said.

Homicide detectives probe possible human remains found in south Edmonton

That's a very quiet part of town, but there was some major deep-level excavation going on very close to that park less than two years ago - I mean, less than 200 feet away, when that stretch of the Valley Line of the Edmonton LRT was begun. (It's scheduled to open next year.)

It's remotely possible the bone was unwittingly dug up during that excavation and dragged to its resting place by some animal before anyone saw it.

There are so many missing people in this area over the years, it could be any one of them.

Has anyone seen any reporting about whether they thought it was the bone from an adult or a child?

Ok, let’s get the usual Websleuth theories out of the way:
1) Bone was fleeing an abusive relationship with the rest of the skeleton
2) Bone left Amish community for Rumspringa, liked life in the trees and never returned.
3) Bone escaped from a cult.
I’m sorry but someone always says those and they are never true.

In all seriousness, they are withholding a good bit of info. Somehow they know already that the death was not suspicious. Anyone know anything about the area this was found? How long could bones realistically be there without being discovered?

Ok, let’s get the usual Websleuth theories out of the way:
1) Bone was fleeing an abusive relationship with the rest of the skeleton
2) Bone left Amish community for Rumspringa, liked life in the trees and never returned.
3) Bone escaped from a cult.
I’m sorry but someone always says those and they are never true.

In all seriousness, they are withholding a good bit of info. Somehow they know already that the death was not suspicious. Anyone know anything about the area this was found? How long could bones realistically be there without being discovered?
That's too funny! And too true!

I'm not from Edmonton originally, but it seems like it's pretty close to Mill Creek Ravine, where over the years several different missing people have been rumored to have died. Do any longtime Edmontonians know if there was ever a cemetery or anything near there?

That's too funny! And too true!

I'm not from Edmonton originally, but it seems like it's pretty close to Mill Creek Ravine, where over the years several different missing people have been rumored to have died. Do any longtime Edmontonians know if there was ever a cemetery or anything near there?

Mill Creek Ravine is the site of a large homeless encampment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back