Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Supposedly, when he is transferred, he is first put in solitary holding for observation and testing for a period before he is moved into the general population. If this is the case, then the details of his incarceration may not be entered into the system and made public until after this period is over. I don't remember how long this period was supposed to last.
Are you sure about that @DM?
Surely they must be registered as inmates immediately? No matter what unit they are in?

Are you sure about that @DM?
Surely they must be registered as inmates immediately? No matter what unit they are in?

I’m not sure at all about the registration part, that’s just speculation on their procedures. I do however recall Beckett saying on the radio that it would take about 30 days for him to be transferred from Livingston County to BOP custody, and that initially he would be held away from the general population for evaluation and testing before a final determination was made on his assignment. I don’t remember if Beckett stated roughly how long the evaluation would take. I remember that Beckett also stated that he would likely end up at Terre Haute.

He is not yet registered as a Federal prisoner which means he is enjoying his perks at the jail, laptop, e-mail, many visitors, nice restaurant food every Friday etc etc
BUT, out of sheer malice I searched for conjugal rights for fed prisoners..
they don't get them
this pleases me
more than it should
He will never get his mitts on another woman's body again, not ever.
I hope he spends what's left of his life craving a woman's touch.
You're not the only one who's pleased for that... :D

So, I just found this 9/11 remembrance on Twitter. It is quite poignant and moving.
I am posting it here because it contains valid information on the skills of SAR dogs.
Just on the off chance anybody is still up for a new search .
It cannot be done without dogs.
Here's the link and with it my respect for all those who paid a massive price on 9/11, 2 and 4-leggeds.
Clays & Birds on Twitter

Finally, the fellow on Twitter has linked to this trove of police documents on YY’s case (4 separate files):

1) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

2) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

3) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

4) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

edit: just so you know what you’re getting into, the 1st file is 15 pgs., the 2nd 145 pgs., the 3rd 298 pgs., and the 4th 434 pgs.

Last edited:
Finally, the fellow on Twitter has linked to this trove of police documents on YY’s case (4 separate files):

edit: just so you know what you’re getting into, the 1st file is 15 pgs., the 2nd 145 pgs., the 3rd 298 pgs., and the 4th 434 pgs.

Of interest: document 3, page 9. Images from very near the location and time of Yingying’s last cellphone ping.

Video/images of large white van and smaller dark car interacting near the time and p,ace if her last cellphone ping....

Last edited:
Document 3, pg 48...

Wild. Absolutely wild. Report of neighborhood canvas (canvassing neighborhood they belive BC might have driven through during abduction. One of the neighborhood residents canvassed is obviously........

Michelle Zortman’s boyfriend she took the trip to Wisconsin Dells with on the weekend of the kidnapping.

Wild...... you can’t make this up.....

Of interest: document 3, page 9. Images from very near the location and time of Yingying’s last cellphone ping.

Video/images of large white van and smaller dark car interacting near the time and p,ace if her last cellphone ping....

In later reports, they locate the van and determine it is not involved with her disappearance.

Thanks for heads-up, got 3/4 way through 3rd last night before head went asleep..
I'm hoping a local person will be able to tell which areas were searched thoroughly.. no evidence of any so far...
Will revert if anything significant stands out for me- by that I mean a clue as to her location.
Could take awhile..

Thanks for heads-up, got 3/4 way through 3rd last night before head went asleep..
I'm hoping a local person will be able to tell which areas were searched thoroughly.. no evidence of any so far...
Will revert if anything significant stands out for me- by that I mean a clue as to her location.
Could take awhile..

I haven’t had time to read it all (maybe half of it?) — there’s lots of mundane information and lots of redactions, but every now and then an interesting nugget — nothing that changes anything, but just interesting bits to read. Disappointed that I still haven’t come across anything about local on-the-ground searches of lakes/creeks/woods/fields/buildings and the like — if someone else does find such reports, let us know where that is to be found.
On a side-note, I'm not clear if these reports have been released with the permission of the powers-that-be, or if the Twitter poster gained access to them on his own and uploaded them without any authorization?

I haven’t had time to read it all (maybe half of it?) — there’s lots of mundane information and lots of redactions, but every now and then an interesting nugget — nothing that changes anything, but just interesting bits to read. Disappointed that I still haven’t come across anything about local on-the-ground searches of lakes/creeks/woods/fields/buildings and the like — if someone else does find such reports, let us know where that is to be found.
On a side-note, I'm not clear if these reports have been released with the permission of the powers-that-be, or if the Twitter poster gained access to them on his own and uploaded them without any authorization?
not sure.. new account, v few followers and far too much drama...
there was a mention of a search on a wooded area that didnt go ahead cos was too overgrown, one cop on his own, no dogs mentioned.. if that wooded area is any way convenient to find, may well be worth a look. It was named but I forget the name of it.. Possibly first or second file. I was thinking maybe @trunkizback might know it?

There are reports that mention searching abandoned buildings, woods/fields. There is also a report on a search that involved walking along the railroad tracks and searching the wooded boundary of such along Springfield west of Christensen’s apartment. In that one, I think they mention checking out an adjacent abandoned warehouse at which the access gate was open.

I think many of those reports are easy to miss. They don’t stand out because they are short and don’t detail much.... because they didn’t find anything.

Also, these are UIPD records *only*. There are no records here from ISP or the FBI. UIPD is much smaller and has more limited resources, so you would expect that those agencies were probably doing more extensive searching.

The biggest revelation to me was the search for the white van. I had not heard anything about that. Though it turned out to be nothing, it is clear that for at least a couple of months, they were considering that someone else in addition to Christensen may have been involved.

I hav3 gone through 1-3. I will look over 4 tonight....

There are reports that mention searching abandoned buildings, woods/fields. There is also a report on a search that involved walking along the railroad tracks and searching the wooded boundary of such along Springfield west of Christensen’s apartment. In that one, I think they mention checking out an adjacent abandoned warehouse at which the access gate was open.

I think many of those reports are easy to miss. They don’t stand out because they are short and don’t detail much.... because they didn’t find anything.

Also, these are UIPD records *only*. There are no records here from ISP or the FBI. UIPD is much smaller and has more limited resources, so you would expect that those agencies were probably doing more extensive searching.

The biggest revelation to me was the search for the white van. I had not heard anything about that. Though it turned out to be nothing, it is clear that for at least a couple of months, they were considering that someone else in addition to Christensen may have been involved.

I hav3 gone through 1-3. I will look over 4 tonight....

Anyone notice yet if the Johnson-Ross bldg. got any mentions?
I've skipped around in my reading and think there were some interesting bits in file 4, which I've already forgotten :( (and file 4 isn't as long as first appears because so much of it is redacted or redundant).

Anyway, I can't remember if this has come up here before, but there is a film being produced, "Finding Yingying," about YY's life and case -- I'm so happy to hear that, and hope it brings some solace to the family, and not just re-visited pain.
The Twitter account for it is here:
Finding Yingying (@YingyingFilm) | Twitter

There is a FB account here:
Finding Yingying

...and the main homepage for it is here:
Finding Yingying

Anyone notice yet if the Johnson-Ross bldg. got any mentions?
I've skipped around in my reading and think there were some interesting bits in file 4, which I've already forgotten :( (and file 4 isn't as long as first appears because so much of it is redacted or redundant).

Anyway, I can't remember if this has come up here before, but there is a film being produced, "Finding Yingying," about YY's life and case -- I'm so happy to hear that, and hope it brings some solace to the family, and not just re-visited pain.
The Twitter account for it is here:
Finding Yingying (@YingyingFilm) | Twitter

There is a FB account here:
Finding Yingying

...and the main homepage for it is here:
Finding Yingying

I haven't seen anything about Johnson-Ross yet. I have, of course, been keeping my eyes peeled for a mention of this. I will continue to do so as I go through 4.......

I vaguely remember some guy posted a video of himself walking thru the overgrown area behind Prime Storage and the interstate overpass area. Whether or not it was fully and professionaly searched...I do not know. There was a picture in the local paper showing divers searching Kaufman lake even before BC was arrested. Back when I called the fbi office about searching J ross , I was told it had already been searched. When and how well seem to be a mystery. No one who works there now can remember a search being done. These are all known facts.
Now I will give my humble opinion only. First off...yes. LE did catch and convict the person responsible. But seriously how hard was that really? He gets her into a fairly rare car...ON VIDEO..IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. he admits he did it on tape to TEB. Bloody bat still in his apt...geezuz.
Secondly( again..moo ) the whole search thing was a secondary priority to them. And still is.
Oh sure...some smarmy lawyer types have swooped in to handle any monetary liability lawsuits available. ( for their customary 40% fee ). Meanwhile they float the tidbit that BC may have put her in a dumpster and she's in the Danville landfill. But they also hint that they don't entirely believe it....added to the fact it's nearly impossible ( improbable?) to even try a search.
I'm not entirely sure why this single case has affected me the way it has. But it has. People die every day. Unfortunately people are murdered every day. But this one truly disturbs me. Kinda why I've backed away from all this somewhat. I do check in here just to see if there is any news...because there is squat here on local news. Thought that a$$hole lawyer was supposed to give us a yes/no answer on a landfill search...like a month ago.

@trunkizback, I remember seeing that video too, it was quite early on but I can't remember who did the walk.

I've found it a very emotional case for some weird reason, and stepped back somewhat. Seeing Yingyings mother broke me, probably being a mum myself I let her in, too much. Thankfully I have no daughters, my lot are all boys.

I often wonder how the family are coping now, if dad has in fact gone back to work. Life will never ever be normal for them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back