Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was it that confirmed, at the inquest, that Heather was at bingo?

And was it Mr Craddock or a police officer who pointed out your said location of the caravan?
That seems to conflict with drsleuth's notes and/or recall.

Mr Craddock said HS was at Bingo, also maps were shown at the inquest with red dotted lines and Craddock explained the walk he took. I've seen 2 different maps drawn from people who were at the inquest and they both have the caravan located in the bottom left.

From the Where’s William Tyrrell? Bring him home FB

“Tomorrow marks 5 tragic years since William disappeared - 5 long years of unimaginable heartbreak and fear. 5 years of unending sadness and tears. 5 years without answers, of not knowing where William is or what has happened to him. And although we’ll mark 5 dark years of deep sadness and pain, we’ll also mark 5 years of hope that William will be found. We’ll mark 5 years of endless love for him from across Australia and around the world. 5 years of the media continuing to remind the world that William is missing. 5 years of determination and commitment by the NSW Police Force to find William; and 5 years of support from Crime Stoppers NSW who continue to wait for the call we hope will one day come. While tomorrow marks 5 years of sadness, it also marks 5 years of love and support from so many including the Daniel Morcombe Foundation who’ve joined us in our promise to never give up on William in the hope that we will find him and bring him home. It is this love and support from so many that keeps hope alive. Our heartfelt thanks to you all.
If you are the someone who knows something, please call Crime Stoppers NOW on 1800 333 000 and help bring William home.”

The caravan is located bottom left, confirmed with 2 other people that attended inquest and here is a map of the walk PS took that morning.

I'd also like to add that HS was at Bingo that day and she also made a statement to police...was all spoken about at the inquest
Thank you! That's about 4.4km. I think it would be about an hour's walk, or a little less, over easy terrain.

Note that this route takes him past FGM's and the Crabbes'.

Last edited:
Mr Craddock said HS was at Bingo, also maps were shown at the inquest with red dotted lines and Craddock explained the walk he took. I've seen 2 different maps drawn from people who were at the inquest and they both have the caravan located in the bottom left.

No worries. I will take that as hearsay then. Third hand information from an unknown source, maybe SM? (If so, it shouldn't be brought here.)

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Directions here also confirms the map I posted, the caravan is located before PS hits Batar Creek Road.

He said it showed Mr Savage’s walk from his house, up the fire trail to a clearing, turning left onto a track winding through very thick bush, arriving at a caravan where a mysterious local woman lived.

“You then hit Batar Creek Road?” Mr Craddock asked.

“Yeah, coming home then,” Mr Savage replied.

Craddock: “Then you hit Benaroon Drive?”

Mr Craddock said on that day he had talked to the woman, whose name he has since discovered is “Lyn”, for half an hour.

Details of ‘deeply troubling’ police grilling of Tyrrell person of interest

And that tells you the type of man he is dont you think imo
To cut him some slack, I think he sounds a pretty decent brother to be prepared to drive four hours and then be prepared to look after him for a week.
Was it brought up at the inquest if the brother was coming to Kendall or PS was going to look after him in his own house?
Does anyone know where brother lived?

Noticed in this a report about Simon Brooke - missing 3 year old boy from 1968 - never been
solved. It happened around the same time as Helen Harrison. They liked Percy for it but he always claimed it wasn’t him.
It gave me a bit of a chill for sure. What if...?

A cold case Jubes may have been looking at while on desk duty.

To cut him some slack, I think he sounds a pretty decent brother to be prepared to drive four hours and then be prepared to look after him for a week.
Was it brought up at the inquest if the brother was coming to Kendall or PS was going to look after him in his own house?

He was going to stay at his brother's house to look after him...<modsnip: unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe so..but who leaves someone in hospital when you are meant to be picking them up and looking after them as they have no one else..that type of situation imo you just dont forget

Which is why I asked. Has it been confirmed that his brother was being discharged on 12 September 2014.

Would HS have gone to Bingo knowing her brother and SIL were arriving if she knew PS would not be there to let them in the house?

Last edited:
Directions here also confirms the map I posted, the caravan is located before PS hits Batar Creek Road.

He said it showed Mr Savage’s walk from his house, up the fire trail to a clearing, turning left onto a track winding through very thick bush, arriving at a caravan where a mysterious local woman lived.
“You then hit Batar Creek Road?” Mr Craddock asked.

“Yeah, coming home then,” Mr Savage replied.
Craddock: “Then you hit Benaroon Drive?”

Details of ‘deeply troubling’ police grilling of Tyrrell person of interest

Sorry to appear argumentative, but Batar Creek Road is a helluva long way from where your unknown sources say the caravan is located.

Batar Creek Road is not the red line on the map you have attached. Batar Creek Road is the yellow perpendicular line on the right of your attached map. Far from your said caravan location.

Does anyone remember catching just a glimpse of the map in a video briefly showing the inquest? I may be imagining it. From what I think I remember, it matched CC's map. I remember thinking it was a much more plausible distance than an earlier suggestion I made, which had PS crossing the whole forest to its south-west corner.

Does anyone remember catching just a glimpse of the map in a video briefly showing the inquest? I may be imagining it. From what I think I remember, it matched CC's map. I remember thinking it was a much more plausible distance than an earlier suggestion I made, which had PS crossing the whole forest to its south-west corner.

I recall seeing a short walk map and a long walk map, which I thought I saw here - as I don't do much SM at all. But I cannot find the maps anywhere that I have looked.

I also thought someone here commented about the times the different walks might have been taken. The long walk earlier in the day and the short walk later, or perhaps the other way around. Or perhaps it was speculated to be a morning walk and an evening walk.

PS doesn't even sound like a credible witness IMO so no idea why they would continue with him?

I also think if he's known the grandma for some time you would be panicked a child is missing - and move heaven and earth to help, actually even if you did not know the grandma, I'd also take my own route if i knew the area well, and think I might know some locations - but at the same time not want interrupt the police search planned and go ahead myself. You also wouldnt want to state too far that you have checked the area and all is clear incase your wrong. Depends on the person I guess!

And yeah was the brother 100% checked out? Maybe he was waiting confirmation ?

<modsnip: Please do not reference social media general comments> the wise words of retired policeman ron iddles who believes the answer is always lurking in the original case file......

Almost always, the answers are there to be found – his belief is that the truth is lurking in the original case file.

"I've always said there is someone in the community who knows the answer to just about every unsolved homicide," he says.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...-of-the-true-crime-genre-20190121-h1aaet.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members