CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about what my husband would say or do if I ever went missing. I don't think he would have a clue how to act or what to say. Therefore, I cannot judge RT on his words or actions because I don't personally know him.

BUT!!! My kids and family would sure know if my husband wasn't acting right and they would voice their opinions and because of that , I find RT to be somewhat suspect right now. I am still on the fence about his actions and words.....mostly due to his age. JMO

I have thought about what my husband would say or do if I ever went missing. I don't think he would have a clue how to act or what to say. Therefore, I cannot judge RT on his words or actions because I don't personally know him.

BUT!!! My kids and family would sure know if my husband wasn't acting right and they would voice their opinions and because of that , I find RT to be somewhat suspect right now. I am still on the fence about his actions and words.....mostly due to his age. JMO
I agree with you! I can’t understand why there have been NO pleas begging for her safe return or be on the lookout for Barb from RT. You could not shut me up if my loved one was missing regardless of how suspect some may think I was! MOO

Family suspects foul play in disappearance of Bullhead City woman

Bachman said more searches would be held as new information develops.

I don't know how I missed that last sentence during the first read-through of the article.

I note that LE is saying more searches will occur as "new information develops" vs. when temperatures cool/conditions are more conducive to searches.

That is a very instructive statement.

JMO.

So if LE does not suspect foul play, then how could releasing the 911 call affect their investigation? If it's not a criminal case then why not release the call?

Ha! Yes, and since we're throwing out rhetorical questions, I'll add another one to the list:

If this isn't a criminal investigation, then why did BT's case get handed off to the Specialized Investigations Division, which is composed of "homicide detail, crimes against children and technology crimes," all of which are, in point of fact, areas of criminal investigation.

JMO.

IMO, the official search has been suspended, not called off. If new information comes in, SAR would most likely deploy again.

Manpower and resources are dedicated to a search on a couple of criteria. IMO

-safety of the scene
-likelihood of success
-information that increases likelihood of success (clues or signs)

Again, right now the search is suspended.

I don't know how I missed that last sentence during the first read-through of the article.

I note that LE is saying more searches will occur as "new information develops" vs. when temperatures cool/conditions are more conducive to searches.

JMO.
Thanks for noticing this, GK !
I missed it as well. :oops:

Good to hear they're planning more searches !

And collecting NEW information as well.

Possibly the same information related to the questions we've been asking ??
(i.e., where else did the truck travel, exactly how long she was missing prior to the 911 call, what the 911 call consisted of regarding statements made, what exact clothing she was wearing (red or white hat, type of boots) --since the kennel staff didn't see her in the supposed black bikini , etc., etc.)

This case isn't cold.
It's heating up.

Specialized Investigations Division.

This case could have landed in their department as a ‘missing persons’ case but not under a criminal investigation/foul play OR it could be just that. Case loads, where do they land.

This question you might get an answer on if you call and ask a general question, not about a specific person.

So if LE does not suspect foul play, then how could releasing the 911 call affect their investigation? If it's not a criminal case then why not release the call?
I don't think there would be any reason to release the call if it is not a criminal investigation.
As I asked before, what good would it do? How could it possibly help to find Barbara?

If LE believed the call being released would help them in some way, I imagine they would.
It may just be that it is evidence that is important to the investigation and releasing it would do more harm than good.
I can't imagine why they would release it, though.
Imo

Specialized Investigations Division.

This case could have landed in their department as a ‘missing persons’ case but not under a criminal investigation/foul play OR it could be just that. Case loads, where do they land.

This question you might get an answer on if you call and ask a general question, not about a specific person.
Yes, they reported that it was standard procedure when a missing person is not located.
So unfortunately it doesn't help us to determine whether or not there is a criminal element or not.
I wish LE would at least verify that. It would answer the question as to whether or not foul play is believed to be involved. Imo

Ha! Yes, and since we're throwing out rhetorical questions, I'll add another one to the list:

If this isn't a criminal investigation, then why did BT's case get handed off to the Specialized Investigations Division, which is composed of "homicide detail, crimes against children and technology crimes," all of which are, in point of fact, areas of criminal investigation.

JMO.
I thought in the original statement they said it was "standard department policy" in the event that a missing person has not been located? That's not the same as calling it a criminal investigation. Imo

Last edited:

JMO.
That is the same statement that was made on July 22nd, after they completed the search.
I'm hoping they are going to conduct the drone search as soon as the weather gets cooler.
I know there was a post indicating that they were, but I wish they would be more specific as to when and where.
Imo

Last edited:
"...My mother and I were close. ... (We) spoke on the phone often..."

^^^ Am assuming this was before she met and married RT. As she was not allowed a cellphone after the marriage; according to the VI.

I'm guessing since the marriage as well.....as we've been told they have a house phone :)

It's good to see the family of Barbara is openly suspecting foul play.
This case may not be as cold as I'd feared !

Yes!!!!

I remember the same thing.
Yeah, it's been posted over and over again since the second thread.
I think the recent article may be a little misleading. It's written as if there is new information, but it's the same as it's always been from the beginning.
I was hoping for a recent update or at least some clarification on the status of the investigation. Imo

Last edited:
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
UPDATE - Monday, July 22, 2019

The ongoing daily searches for Barbara Thomas in the Mohave National Preserve have been suspended. Additional searches will be conducted as any additional information is developed in the investigation.

Detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division have assumed the investigation as is standard department policy when a missing person has not been located.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Nicholas Clark, Specialized Investigations Division (909) 387-3589. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to contact the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or www.wetip.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998