• barbara_eleanor_hoover_1.jpg
Barbara, circa 2003

• Missing Since09/11/2003
  • Missing FromSilver Springs, Nevada
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth11/20/1936 (82)
  • Age66 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 160 - 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionBlack stretch pants, dark-colored socks, black velour-type sneakers, a wedding ring set with baguette-cut stones, and gold or diamond stud earrings.
  • Medical ConditionsBarbara suffers from a bladder disorder and is supposed to take daily medication for it. She may also have been depressed at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Graying brown hair, hazel eyes. Barbara has a mole on her left cheek and her ears are pierced. She has surgical scars from a hysterectomy, an appendectomy, and gallbladder removal, and she wears eyeglasses. Her maiden name is West.
Details of Disappearance
Barbara's husband of 37 years, Robert Franklin "Bob" Hoover Jr., stated she packed two suitcases of clothing and left their home in the 5100 block of Tamarack Street in Silver Springs, Nevada on the morning of September 11, 2003, while Bob was at the bank. She was reportedly depressed and angry because the entirety of her father's inheritance had been left to her brother.

According to Bob, Barbara told him she was going to the California coast to live with friends. He stated she took several thousand dollars and a year's supply of her bladder medicine with her, but did not take her car, a 1989 Pontiac Firebird. Within three weeks of Barbara's disappearance, Bob purchased a motorhome and went on a road trip through Nevada, California and Arizona.

Bob claimed he maintained occasional contact with Barbara after her disappearance; he said he spoke to her on the phone and met her at a Jackson, Nevada coffeeshop in 2004, and that she used his health insurance. He never produced any proof of these encounters, however. Bob said he believed her friends in Merced, California may be helping her hide. The couple lived in Merced for several years before moving to Nevada.

Barbara was reported missing by her son. She is described as a timid, reclusive woman, and her loved ones say it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning or to travel alone. Barbara's three children believe she was murdered, as it is uncharacteristic of her to be out of contact with them for so long; she kept in near-daily contact with them by phone.

Barbara was declared legally dead in 2018. In February 2019, Bob died at the age of 86. Barbara's case remains unsolved.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

That's got to be the strangest "My wife left me" story I've ever heard. Did he read a poorly written crime novel to come up with this nonsense? If he wanted to proved his innocence, and that she was alive but traveling, all he had to do was take a selfie with her! Criminals are so dumb, sigh....

I wonder if his gas receipts would prove where he stopped....that's where she could be buried.

That's got to be the strangest "My wife left me" story I've ever heard. Did he read a poorly written crime novel to come up with this nonsense? If he wanted to proved his innocence, and that she was alive but traveling, all he had to do was take a selfie with her! Criminals are so dumb, sigh....

I wonder if his gas receipts would prove where he stopped....that's where she could be buried.

Yeah Its total garbage. His story is so bad. I dunno why he was never arrested. I've tried contacting her son. No answer. I don't expect to receive an answer either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back