GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not loving this witness (Bassman). What personality disorder does she have? Test results, please. He’s pontificating without prefacing with substantiated dx. Plus, he seems full of himself. Hired gun or was he counseling her prior to her pregnancy?

I’m not loving this witness (Bassman). What personality disorder does she have? Test results, please. He’s pontificating without prefacing with substantiated dx. Plus, he seems full of himself. Hired gun or was he counseling her prior to her pregnancy?

I hope the prosecution does a good job of pressing him on these details. I think it's shocking he doesn't have to say that before testifying about it.

RICHARDSON: About texts after birth, in which Skylar talks about being "happy" that her belly is flat again - Dr. Bassman says he's not surprised because she has to hide it away in her mind, she has to get back to what she knows - he calls it retreating - @WCPO

Evan Millward on Twitter

RICHARDSON: About texts after birth, in which Skylar talks about being "happy" that her belly is flat again - Dr. Bassman says he's not surprised because she has to hide it away in her mind, she has to get back to what she knows - he calls it retreating - @WCPO

Evan Millward on Twitter

Unfortunately, doc, that doesn't make you not culpable for your actions. I hope the prosecution can make that point, too.

Prosecutor is losing her cool, if she ever had one. Dr White patiently answering her
I don't know. To play Devil's Advocate people do falsely confess to crimes. Even adults. The case of Riley Fox is one I will never forget.

After hours of questioning her dad confessed to sodomizing and drowning his beloved daughter. He was charged with murder and they sought the death penalty. But he was not the culprit.
The Nightmare: A Look at the Riley Fox Case

About two hours of an eight-hour video of Skylar's interrogation recorded on July 14, 2017 were played . Leaves me wondering what went on the other six hours...

Carlisle buried baby trial: Jury watches Richardson’s interrogation video

Witness Bassman: Defense asks about Skylar's text to her mom the morning after giving birth where she talked about her belly being flat. Bassman says doesn't surprise him because Skylar's one way of dealing with pain is denial.

Molly Reed on Twitter

Why feel troubled? She was responding to her attorney. Maybe he was trying to make her feel more at ease. Maybe they just have a good repoire.

Of course her affect is different when the jury is present. Like every other defendant, she knows the jury may well be watching her. If she smiles they may think her callous, so maybe capable of what's she being charged with. If she cries or seems overly emotional they may think she's faking it, so maybe capable of doing what's she's charged with. Neutral face is best.

She's somewhat exceptional, actually, in that she seems never to have pretended indifference by play- writing or shuffling papers during any testimony. IMO she's presented as attentive and respectful.

On “why” it troubled me: mainly because any of the public seeing her laughing and smiling will sway public (those watching, perhaps her community) opinion and refuse to look past the points you made. Which are totally correct, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member